• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Here's a link to An INDEX of Joe Maneely's ATLAS work and it would appear that Stan continued to include Maneely text illos for those 2 page stories ..... probably to help his widow a bit... until 1963. Nancy, one of his daughters, still has original art and has been collecting comics with her fathers art in them. Those Friday poker games he attended were lengendary..... Everett was also a regular. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd love to own a piece of Maneely art at some point, but they don't come around that often.

Mike

Here's a link to An INDEX of Joe Maneely's ATLAS work and it would appear that Stan continued to include Maneely text illos for those 2 page stories ..... probably to help his widow a bit... until 1963. Nancy, one of his daughters, still has original art and has been collecting comics with her fathers art in them. Those Friday poker games he attended were lengendary..... Everett was also a regular. GOD BLESS...

I'd love to own a piece of Maneely art at some point, but they don't come around that often.

Mike

I believe it was Bedrock that told me Bechara had the original of this for sale..... at about a year and a half's wages in price ...... oh, how I would love this one. GOD BLESS...

101_2512.jpg

Here's a new Marvel Tales .....great stories with a great cover. It's attributed to Everett.... but looking at it in hand..... it sure looks a lot like Anderson. GOD BLESS...

101_3000.jpg

Here's a new Marvel Tales .....great stories with a great cover. It's attributed to Everett.... but looking at it in hand..... it sure looks a lot like Anderson. GOD BLESS...

101_3000.jpg

Good catch! Unless there is an Everett signature buried in all that detail, I'd say you are probably right.

.... I can't claim it.... This was debated ... in this thread, I believe.... a couple hundred thousand miles ago. GOD BLESS...

Nice pickup on that MT 127 Jimbo! Was that the one from eBay I forgot to place a bid on? :frustrated:

Here is my newly arrived Atlas greenie! :luhv:

JourneyIntoUnknownWorlds22_zps6619beb9.jpg

..... "Davey and his Dame" :luhv: ..... Cal Massey could sure render a hottie.... GOD BLESS....

Every story in this issue is a winner IMHO! I even liked "TooTimid to Live", with it's very "EC"esque storyline.

.... the range of emotion in that story is truly amazing. GOD BLESS....

.... I can't claim it.... This was debated ... in this thread, I believe.... a couple hundred thousand miles ago. GOD BLESS...

There was a discussion of it years ago, I am not sure a consensus was reached but I think HA is more likely than BE.

Hard to believe the page count on the Atlas thread literally doubled in the last year. From 2005-2013 there were approx. 190 or so pages, betw, 2013-2014 about 170 more. Crazy...

Edited by Johnny545

There was a discussion of it years ago, I am not sure a consensus was reached but I think HA is more likely than BE.

Hard to believe the page count on the Atlas thread literally doubled in the last year. From 2005-2013 there were approx. 190 or so pages, betw, 2013-2014 about 170 more. Crazy...

....every now and then I'll start reading the thread from the beginning..... it's quite a trove of info. The more I look at 127, the more convinced I am that it's Anderson..... there's just TOO much of his unique rendering in it. Just actually received the UT 33 ..... and it's just what I thought it was..... a 9.2 with a small chunk missing at the corner that hammered it to 5.5. I think it's the freshest Atlas book I've ever seen...... not counting the corner, it looks like what I would expect an Adamstrange copy to look like. Speaking of the early days of the thread.... is the infamous Atlas T still active ?...... man that fellow has some sweet copies. GOD BLESS...

P.S. The UT 33 came from eBay via our very own Zzutak...... the right hand of the notorious Brian Peets ....his "'Man On The Streets".......

Edited by jimjum12

.....woke up to a pleasant surprise today..... one of those delightful Petit Paquet- Avions that was sheltering this beauty from the storm. Now I have two of them :cloud9: ...... the first one is my reader.... it looks high grade but has a married cover .... making it somewhat cheap. This is a really neat Atlas with some exceptional stories inside. I'm really liking the Marvel Tales run.... especially the PreCode segment. GOD BLESS....

MARVELTALES127.jpg

Was wondering who got this - great one Jim.

.... What I was wondering was why YOU didn't get it.... you must already have a pretty nice copy. I was not expecting to win this.... it closed on a work night and I was unable to unleash one of my vicious snipes on it. GOD BLESS...

.... What I was wondering was why YOU didn't get it.... you must already have a pretty nice copy. I was not expecting to win this.... it closed on a work night and I was unable to unleash one of my vicious snipes on it. GOD BLESS...

You did good. Saw that book, but I had a decent enough copy...nevertheless I was still tempted.

You did good. Saw that book, but I had a decent enough copy...nevertheless I was still tempted.

..... I was expecting it to go for twice what it did..... apparantly all the "usual suspects" have nice ones. I've definitely noticed that certain Atlas issues seem to be more common than others.... if "common" is even the right word. GOD BLESS...

I was weak this week. I am suppose to be building a war chest for other things.

scan0007_zps85d892ec.jpg

...that one has some fantastic stories inside..... looks like a nice copy. GOD BLESS....

I was weak this week. I am suppose to be building a war chest for other things.

scan0007_zps85d892ec.jpg

Not to worry, the rules say the war chest can be set to pause for a nice tough black cover Atlas book! :grin: