• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,304 posts in this topic

Got this one back from the slab factory, but I don't have a good image of it in the CGC case. It got a universal 6.5 with White pages. Thought it would do a little better (shrug) , but I'm still very happy to have it tucked away in the collection!

unc1.405a.jpg

Ironically..... when seeing thumbnails and the likes, this cover (BF 32) used to be one I didn't really go nuts over..... but after seeing it in real life at full size I did a serious 180 with it. I've found that to be the case with a lot of Atlas books. I've especially come to appreciate a lot of the Burgos stuff that way. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Got this one back from the slab factory, but I don't have a good image of it in the CGC case. It got a universal 6.5 with White pages. Thought it would do a little better (shrug) , but I'm still very happy to have it tucked away in the collection!

unc1.405a.jpg

.... I love this one.... and it looks like a solid 7.0 or 7.5...... nice book. GOD BLESS...

...... I just got a decent boardie discount from Jon on this book. OSPG listsss it asss the firsssst Lizard prototype :cloud9:

ADVENTURESINTOTERROR8.jpg

This one came back from CGC as a universal 7.5 with OW pages. :D

str1.4244a.jpg

:cloud9: .....That's the first Atlas PCH that I ever owned (... not that particular copy) .... what a cool book.GOD BLESS...

str1.4244a.jpg

:cloud9: .....That's the first Atlas PCH that I ever owned (... not that particular copy) .... what a cool book.GOD BLESS...

Ironically in my experience it proved to be one of the toughest to find, especially in decent shape. Great copy.

unc1.405a.jpg

.... I love this one.... and it looks like a solid 7.0 or 7.5...... nice book. GOD BLESS...

...... I just got a decent boardie discount from Jon on this book. OSPG listsss it asss the firsssst Lizard prototype :cloud9:

ADVENTURESINTOTERROR8.jpg

Thanks Jimbo! I thought for sure that the Uncanny Tales 10 would get at least a 7.0, and I was keeping my fingers crossed for a 7.5. Oh well, that's why I love the books and not the numbers they're given.

Wonderful pick-up on the AIT 8! :headbang: That isn't a book that pops up very often, and I really dig the "You Can Only Die Once" panel!

str1.4244a.jpg

Ironically in my experience it proved to be one of the toughest to find, especially in decent shape. Great copy.

....I'm having trouble seeing why it isn't an 8.0 ..... must be something on the BC (shrug) GOD BLESS...

And I'll add one more Atlas PCH for the day.

This one came back as a universal 7.5 with Cr/OW pages. Personally, this has been one of the tougher books to find in a nice, structurally sound condition.

ast1.567a.jpg

str1.4244a.jpg

....I'm having trouble seeing why it isn't an 8.0 ..... must be something on the BC (shrug) GOD BLESS...

Honestly, CGC has me guessing all the time. I thought that the ST 15 would get a 7.0-7.5, but I don't have my books pressed before sending them to the slab factory, so maybe there's room for some of these to get bumped up? (shrug)

..... hope it was one of you who won the MT 130 last night..... looked like a real nice VG/F ...... a grade on eBay where the emphasis is usually on the "G" part. GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

Ironically..... when seeing thumbnails and the likes, this cover (BF 32) used to be one I didn't really go nuts over..... but after seeing it in real life at full size I did a serious 180 with it. I've found that to be the case with a lot of Atlas books. I've especially come to appreciate a lot of the Burgos stuff that way. GOD BLESS...

I think there a lot of comics like that - stuff that doesn't scream "classic cover" when reproduced at the size of a post-it note, but look really cool when held full size in hand. I can't count the number of books I overlooked in the Gerber guides, that I suddenly coveted when shown on the boards in a full sized scan.

As soon as I can find a nice 9.0...could be a while ha ha

MT130FC_zps3ef7c1ff.jpg

I went crazy when I first saw this cover in the Gerber Photo Journal 20 or 25 years ago. It's one of my favorite covers from the run. It took me quite some time to find a copy of this (low grade) and I hope to upgrade it one day.

Congrats on scoring a really nice copy of a killer book!!! :cloud9:

str1.4244a.jpg

Was a tough one for me also, very faint crease in lower right kept it from being higher. Happy to have it.

IMG_5319_zps855ec8c7.jpg