• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

.... I've never owned a copy and was going by the index in www.atlastales.com and it sure looks like an All Star lineup in that book..... thanks SO much for posting. JIUW 24 has now moved a little further to the top of the want list. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I'm really enjoying (and learning from...) your contributions regarding Sci Fi paperbacks in Bang Zoom's thread....

I was weak this week. I am suppose to be building a war chest for other things.

Not to worry, the rules say the war chest can be set to pause for a nice tough black cover Atlas book! :grin:

Unfortunately, Its wasn't the only book I bought.

Nice pickup on that MT 127 Jimbo! Was that the one from eBay I forgot to place a bid on? :frustrated:

Here is my newly arrived Atlas greenie! :luhv:

JourneyIntoUnknownWorlds22_zps6619beb9.jpg

..... "Davey and his Dame" :luhv: ..... Cal Massey could sure render a hottie.... GOD BLESS....

I wouldn't have let it go without an upgrade.... it's one of my absolute favorites.... that cover with the Zombies in the Mohair suits chasing the couple in the old lead sled, careening over the precipice into that eternal Van Gogh sky :cloud9: ..... that line of trees in the distance remind me of Van Gogh, a favorite artist of mine. GOD BLESS....

101_3003.jpg

.....woke up to a pleasant surprise today..... one of those delightful Petit Paquet- Avions that was sheltering this beauty from the storm. Now I have two of them :cloud9: ...... the first one is my reader.... it looks high grade but has a married cover .... making it somewhat cheap. This is a really neat Atlas with some exceptional stories inside. I'm really liking the Marvel Tales run.... especially the PreCode segment. GOD BLESS....

MARVELTALES127.jpg

Mort Drucker story in there.

Anyone pick up that Strange Tales 9 in the recent HA sunday auction?

..... not I ......the ST's can get too pricey for my blue collar self. I did snag this off eBay ..... this issue is often found with smudging of the black ink ..... posibly stacked/handled while the ink was wet..... and this copy is no exception. It's got moderate smudging for which Al (Stoltz) downgraded to VG because of. I'm pretty excited to get it..... www.atlastales.com has a pretty stellar lineup listed for it. Acopy of this one with NO smudging in CGC 5.0 sold in the latest Clink auction for almost 400 dollars. I guess I can live with the smudging. GOD BLESS....

uncannytales17.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I bet the Northford copy of it would look REAL nice..... GOD BLESS......

..... what did the ST 9 close for ?

.....woke up to a pleasant surprise today..... one of those delightful Petit Paquet- Avions that was sheltering this beauty from the storm. Now I have two of them :cloud9: ...... the first one is my reader.... it looks high grade but has a married cover .... making it somewhat cheap. This is a really neat Atlas with some exceptional stories inside. I'm really liking the Marvel Tales run.... especially the PreCode segment. GOD BLESS....

MARVELTALES127.jpg

..... cover story..... and not bad either. The Colan lead story is super, too..... but my favorite may be the Al Eadah story, "Skrak's Secret" ..... GOD BLESS...

MARVELTALES127.jpg

..... cover story..... and not bad either. The Colan lead story is super, too..... but my favorite may be the Al Eadah story, "Skrak's Secret" ..... GOD BLESS...

I need me one'a these! :sumo:

And that cover looks more and more Anderson to me...

Metro has two decent ones.... a VG/F and a F- ....... both well below 100 bucks. It's a good one, Jay..... a good read. GOD BLESS....

Here's one of my very favorite Atlas covers. I had a nice midgrade copy that I sold to October some 4-5 years back, and of the hundreds of books I've sold since then it's one I've most regretted letting go of. I've been actively looking for one ever since, and this recent ebay auction was my first chance. Very pleased to have picked this up!

2rm2ulj.jpg

Here's one of my very favorite Atlas covers. I had a nice midgrade copy that I sold to October some 4-5 years back, and of the hundreds of books I've sold since then it's one I've most regretted letting go of. I've been actively looking for one ever since, and this recent ebay auction was my first chance. Very pleased to have picked this up!

2rm2ulj.jpg

A favourite with most Atlasheads. Congrats.

2rm2ulj.jpg

A favourite with most Atlasheads. Congrats.

Nice one. I love the expression on the skeleton in the foreground and the one in the purple trench coat looks like a flasher.