• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,309 posts in this topic

Great books! The 13 and the 17 are real standouts!

Thanks, the Suspense #13 has got to be one of my top 5 favorite Atlas PCH covers.

Here's another. JIUW #38 (3). I was hoping it would grade out better, maybe a (7.5) Not sure what is knocking this down, probably some very minor chipping on back cover. Hard to find in decent prsentable shape and a great cover. 7 in the census and this is tied for #2. I'd be happy to trade it for any AIT, AIWW, Astonishing, JIUW, Spellbound, or Suspense graded (7.0) or above? Trade deal + cash??

I'll throw it up in the F.S. thread, but I figure this is where all of the guru's are anyway.

photo journeyintounknownworlds338_zps6062d880.jpg

Edited by HemiGTX

Nice books, Monte. I'd say my favorite from this batch is easily the Suspense 18. It's a favorite cover and looks like it has a pretty good line up. I've been wanting one for a while.... a fine plus or so. That 9.0 would be a bit out of my income bracket. The Post Lady just dropped off the Uncanny Tales 17 from Al Stoltz and, as usual, it looks like a full grade better than what he calls it. He goes by Basement Comics on eBay and probably has the best Fine on the planet. Check him out, you'll be glad you did. That JIUW 38 is supremely cool..... I've no idea what it goes for but it's the kind of book Miraclemet should be adding to his pile. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

As soon as I can find a nice 9.0...could be a while ha ha

MT130FC_zps3ef7c1ff.jpg

hm .....I've been thinking, and I usually charge extra for that.... but since you're my friend.... this idea is on the house. You could sell me THIS copy for a grand and when that 9.0 pops up (when you least expect it) ...... you'll already have a nice chunk to put towards it. Sounds like win-win to me :acclaim: GOD BLESS...

..... all kidding aside..... I'd be sorely tempted to find the 9.0 and also keep the 7.5..... it's easily a top 10 Atlas PCH...... GOD BLESS...

P.S. I would expect the 7.5 to fetch north of 2K at auction.

I've been thinking (.....yes....again) and wanted to mention something in reference to a comment Monte made a few posts back about Atlas Gurus. I still consider myself a greenhorn to this niche and can't resist the opportunity to plug www.atlastales.com once again. It's the College Of Atlas Knowledge all in one quick easy location. When I first started fiending for Atlas it was very hit and miss..... very "covercentric". I've learned over the last few years that there is much, much more to Atlas than just Everett, Heath, and Maneely..... although their contributions cannot be understated. I'd like to take the time to post a prime example of an artist who has quickly become a favorite of mine..... C.A. (Chuck) Winter. He has a very cohesive and consistent style. As I see more of his work, I become more certain that sometime in his youth, R Crumb must have enjoyed his work also. GOD BLESS....

AIWW19winter.jpg

.....this is from Adventures into Weird Worlds 19. I'd love to see examples of anyone else's favorite but less well known Atlas artists.

Edited by jimjum12

I had never heard of Larry Woromay before I started collecting Atlas. This one is inked by Matt Fox who always manages to turn everyone's work into a wonderful tribute to Basil Wolverton. GOD BLESS...

101_2566.jpg

Here's some more Matt Fox..... this time over John Forte..... another very polished Atlas contributor. GOD BLESS...

101_2560.jpg

Sam Kweskin is another obscure Atlas freelancer whose style is ALWAYS fresh and intricately crafted. This one is from Battlefield 9.GOD BLESS....

BATTLEFIELD9i.jpg

Mort Lawrence ....what can I say ? When I first started going after Atlas, if it didn't have an Everett, Heath, or Maneely, I just kept on going. Now, I find myself wiiling to snag a book just because it has a Lawrence story inside. GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES27i.jpg

Al Eadeh..... this guy was born to do PCH. I can't help but wonder what would have become of him had the Code not killed Pre Code Horror. This jewel is from the fiercely coveted Mystic 18. GOD BLESS...

MYSTIC18i.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Harry Anderson ..... while he is well known and respected by many Atlasheads, he is fairly obscure outside those realms. He NEVER disappoints. GOD BLESS...

JIM7i2.jpg

Bill Benulis ...... another little known maestro of the comic medium..... though I must admit his work appeals to me the most when he inks himself. GOD BLESS...

STRANGETALES31.jpg

Bill Benulis ...... another little known maestro of the comic medium..... though I must admit his work appeals to me the most when he inks himself. GOD BLESS...

STRANGETALES31.jpg

Love it. I think I have something with his work in it, but I don't think he inked it. More if you have it please.

Reminds me a bit of Spain Rodriguez.

Edited by rjpb