• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

..... wow.....some really dull representation of color..... I guess you get what you pay for. This next one I did some editing before save and it's much more acceptable. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Scan.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

..... wow.....some really dull representation of color..... I guess you get what you pay for. This next one I did some editing before save andit's much more acceptable. GOD BLESS...

Scan.jpg

Great Severin cover, beautiful book.

Thanks, Andy...... I appreciate you guys letting me experiment with the new HP 4500 ....... The classic 100 dollar scanner. Here's another book before I try doing AIWW 8 again.... GOD BLESS...

Scan0003.jpg

This will be it for now...... another book that's more than just a pretty cover. GOD BLESS...

Scan0007.jpg

This is just a great book! Decap cover and love how the side pic of "The Immortal" is so reminiscent of the Zombie from Menace 5. (thumbs u

Thanks, Jay..... the factory settings seem to be a tad too bright with not quite enough contrast.... which is an easy enough edit.....been without one for WAY too long. GOD BLESS...

I'd love to see them too, but are you sure they're coming back?

(shrug)

Here's my latest Atlas Western acquisition which I just bought from Superworld Comics:

Outlaw14_791872_zps95a3db3f.jpg

Outlaw14_79187b2_zpsa6c9ecae.jpg

:)

Love it! :applause:

Doug Wildey :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Thanks for pointing that out, Jim. It prompted some individual self-study...

Historian Ken Quattro describes Wildey's most "noteworthy" Western as the 19-issue Atlas series Outlaw Kid, "his take on the classic Western antihero", in which Wildey illustrated three to four stories per issue:

"In concept, it was typical of all the Stan Lee-created Kids (Colt, Rawhide, Two-Gun, Ringo, etc.). What set it apart was Wildey's art. . . . The Outlaw Kid was a monthly opportunity for Wildey to hone and develop his burgeoning art skills. Using Outlaw Kid #11 (May 1956) as an example of his work well into the series, the influence of cinema on his work is evident. Though he may have had this influence all along, now it is readily apparent, with panels staged like film scenes. The characters have a realistic, illustrative look to them. . . . Most significantly, his artwork finally had the consistent luster of professionalism. Wildey varied his inking from the fine stroke of an etching to the bold use of solid blacks to attain dramatic chiaroscuro effects."

TheForgottenArtOfDougWildey.gif

http://www.comicartville.com/wildeypg1.htm

I'd love to see them too, but are you sure they're coming back?

(shrug)

Here's my latest Atlas Western acquisition which I just bought from Superworld Comics:

Outlaw14_791872_zps95a3db3f.jpg

Outlaw14_79187b2_zpsa6c9ecae.jpg

:)

Love it! :applause:

Doug Wildey :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Thanks for pointing that out, Jim. It prompted some individual self-study...

Historian Ken Quattro describes Wildey's most "noteworthy" Western as the 19-issue Atlas series Outlaw Kid, "his take on the classic Western antihero", in which Wildey illustrated three to four stories per issue:

"In concept, it was typical of all the Stan Lee-created Kids (Colt, Rawhide, Two-Gun, Ringo, etc.). What set it apart was Wildey's art. . . . The Outlaw Kid was a monthly opportunity for Wildey to hone and develop his burgeoning art skills. Using Outlaw Kid #11 (May 1956) as an example of his work well into the series, the influence of cinema on his work is evident. Though he may have had this influence all along, now it is readily apparent, with panels staged like film scenes. The characters have a realistic, illustrative look to them. . . . Most significantly, his artwork finally had the consistent luster of professionalism. Wildey varied his inking from the fine stroke of an etching to the bold use of solid blacks to attain dramatic chiaroscuro effects."

TheForgottenArtOfDougWildey.gif

http://www.comicartville.com/wildeypg1.htm

....a Wildey western is a fantastic thing. If you really want to see him in top form, check out one of the Rio Graphic Novels :cloud9::cloud9: GOD BLESS...

This will be it for now...... another book that's more than just a pretty cover. GOD BLESS...

Scan0007.jpg

This is just a great book! Decap cover and love how the side pic of "The Immortal" is so reminiscent of the Zombie from Menace 5. (thumbs u

..... we moved around a lot when I was a kid, and it seemed like everywhere we went there was a variation of a local legend where a headless conductor of some sorts walked down the train tracks at night with a lantern and searched for his head. This cover always makes me think of that...... in this version he's made it back just in time for his OWN funeral lol GOD BLESS...

...... BTW, it's nice to see you posting here..... I'm curious about your Atlas holdings .....

It's not the most extensive collection, but the ones I do have are nice. I've posted them earlier in this thread but, since even I know not where anymore, here again are scans of the other Atlas Western comics in my collection:

OutlawKid.jpg

KidColtOutlaw70.jpg

KidColtOutlaw71.jpg

And here are scans of my entire collection of Atlas Jungle comics:

LornatheJungleGirl.jpg

JungleAction.jpg

And here's a scan of my collection of Atlas War comics:

CombatKelly.jpg

God willing I'll add to my small accumulation of Atlas titles in these and other genres over the next two or three decades....

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

...... BTW, it's nice to see you posting here..... I'm curious about your Atlas holdings .....

It's not the most extensive collection, but the ones I do have are nice. I've posted them earlier in this thread but, since even I know not where anymore, here again are scans of the other Atlas Western comics in my collection:

OutlawKid.jpg

KidColtOutlaw70.jpg

KidColtOutlaw71.jpg

And here are scans of my entire collection of Atlas Jungle comics:

LornatheJungleGirl.jpg

JungleAction.jpg

And here's a scan of my collection of Atlas War comics:

CombatKelly.jpg

God willing I'll add to my small accumulation of Atlas titles in these and other genres over the next two or three decades....

(shrug)

Just fabulous books again, Hepcat! :applause: