• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Another recent addition. White pages. :whee:

DSC_0015825x1280_zps8a6e3e86.jpg

Pretty book. Sept. 19 is my daughter's birthday though her birth year was 44 years later. :D

Cheers!

I guess that a book like this would not make an adequate present then. lol

In one sense, will we ever know whether Maneely reached his true potential given his tragic death at such a relatively young age? He may have well become the next Kirby and that's something you don't often hear about an artist.

Stan Lee thought very highly of Maneely.

Imagine if fate had worked out differently, and it was Kirby who'd tragically died before FF #1 and Maneely who lived to become Marvels mainstay.

I remember reading somewhere that Stan Lee said Maneely was incredibly fast at his work. I think Stan may have also said that Maneely was faster than Kirby.

Flex- Interesting point about fate here. I'm trying to imagine a Maneely-Lee team- would we have even had a Marvel SA? Also, I'm not sure about this but am I correct in saying that Maneely died before Stan's firing of most of the staff? Another thing to consider when thinking about fate- a Maneely Ditko prehero team?

That's a beautiful Fine.... I always liked those Vault covers. Here's a scan of my JIUW 19...... one of my favorite of all the Atlas books.....this one is decent but I just can't find a VF...... probably never will. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

JIUW190002.jpg

In one sense, will we ever know whether Maneely reached his true potential given his tragic death at such a relatively young age? He may have well become the next Kirby and that's something you don't often hear about an artist.

Imagine if fate had worked out differently, and it was Kirby who'd tragically died before FF #1 and Maneely who lived to become Marvels mainstay.

I remember reading somewhere that Stan Lee said Maneely was incredibly fast at his work. I think Stan may have also said that Maneely was faster than Kirby.

Flex- Interesting point about fate here. I'm trying to imagine a Maneely-Lee team- would we have even had a Marvel SA? Also, I'm not sure about this but am I correct in saying that Maneely died before Stan's firing of most of the staff? Another thing to consider when thinking about fate- a Maneely Ditko prehero team?

Adventures into Terror 25 has a spoof story on Maneely...... it's titled "The Speed-up" and is about a comic artist called Whiz, who can draw 12 pages a day..... all the other artists are jealous and conspire to learn his secret. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Adventures into Terror 25 has a spoof story on Maneely...... it's titled "The Speed-up" and is about a comic artist called Whiz, who can draw 12 pages a day..... all the other artists are jealous and conspire to learn his secret. GOD BLESS...

Great! Thanks jimbo (thumbs u

Sometimes it pays to check a dealer's "New Arrivals" section each day..... only takes a couple of minutes. It wasn't cheap, but I didn't have a River City Atlas in my little pile yet. Don't know if I can bring myself to de-slab this one..... GOD BLESS...

jou2326a.jpg

I know Podboy (Vern) got a super sweet CGC 7.5 a few months back..... at a steal too. It was one of those eBay auctions I didn't bid on.... assuming it would leave me in the dust..... and it closed for a bargain. GOD BLESS...

Sometimes it pays to check a dealer's "New Arrivals" section each day..... only takes a couple of minutes. It wasn't cheap, but I didn't have a River City Atlas in my little pile yet. Don't know if I can bring myself to de-slab this one..... GOD BLESS...

jou2326a.jpg

:applause: Nice one Jimbo - I wonder what the Everett art inside is like? (Wouldn't it be nice of more Atlas masterworks were published?)

I heard they were slowing down due to slow sales..... hopefully we'll still get Venus V2. I'd especially like to se a volume devoted to Colan War stories..... but they seem married to the consecutive run model..... which, ironically is the problem with their sales. GOD BLESS...

I heard they were slowing down due to slow sales..... hopefully we'll still get Venus V2. I'd especially like to se a volume devoted to Colan War stories..... but they seem married to the consecutive run model..... which, ironically is the problem with their sales. GOD BLESS...

No disrespect towards Venus V1 but I personally think they should have started with volume 2 first! :sumo:

jou2326a.jpg

NICE Book !! NOOOOO don't deslab it lol !!!!

jou2326a.jpg

NICE Book !! NOOOOO don't deslab it lol !!!!

Just a beautiful copy. Don't deslab it; I have a nice copy that's raw and I can check out the art inside to let you know how it stacks up. I love this Everett cover! :) As well, I love love love River City books. They are NEAT.

Edited by originalisbest