• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,292 posts in this topic

Looks like some good bargains were had in the recent CC Auction. I can't help but think the recent hacking attempts may have hurt bidder confidence for them... which is sad... I really like Steve, Vinny, and crew. Unfortunately for me, I had to work those nights that items of interest to me closed. Someone got a decent deal on the Mystery Tales 18. The Astonishing 3 was a good deal also. I'm not sure ...but it reminds me of the Bethlehem copy I used to own.... and if I recall, it lacks the telltale Kery stamp...... and I bought it directly from Marnin..... so it might be hard to verify the provenance.... unless it was Chris Foss who put it up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo - what'd the MT 18 get? Thanks,

Jon

Heath cover:

DSC_0011958x1280_zpsa5b8874a.jpg

A bunch of cool books gojira. I don't think I've noticed this Heath cover before but really like it.

Thanks Chris. (thumbs u

I didn't know there were that many great Atlas war covers before I started to collect them. I only knew a few of the classic ones. You should take a look at the Atlas Tales website, all of them are posted there.

Looks like some good bargains were had in the recent CC Auction. I can't help but think the recent hacking attempts may have hurt bidder confidence for them... which is sad... I really like Steve, Vinny, and crew. Unfortunately for me, I had to work those nights that items of interest to me closed. Someone got a decent deal on the Mystery Tales 18. The Astonishing 3 was a good deal also. I'm not sure ...but it reminds me of the Bethlehem copy I used to own.... and if I recall, it lacks the telltale Kery stamp...... and I bought it directly from Marnin..... so it might be hard to verify the provenance.... unless it was Chris Foss who put it up. GOD BLESS...

Jimbo - what'd the MT 18 get? Thanks,

Jon

.... $ 487 with 12 bids..... nice eye appeal for a Fine.... GOD BLESS...

Heath cover:

A bunch of cool books gojira. I don't think I've noticed this Heath cover before but really like it.

Thanks Chris. (thumbs u

I didn't know there were that many great Atlas war covers before I started to collect them. I only knew a few of the classic ones. You should take a look at the Atlas Tales website, all of them are posted there.

I agree, there are plenty of great "under the radar" Atlas war covers. I just started paying attention to the Atlas Tales site about a month ago and love it (not just for the covers).

But as far as covers go, Atlas Tales is like the Gerber books for me, every time I go through them a book pops up that I never noticed before. Sometimes they don't catch my eye until I see a bigger scan though (like a boardies post).

I think there are a lot of hidden gems among the Atlas books in all genres. I just added a My Friend Irma to my want list a few days ago.

Heath cover:

Thanks Chris. (thumbs u

I agree, there are plenty of great "under the radar" Atlas war covers. I just started paying attention to the Atlas Tales site about a month ago and love it (not just for the covers).

But as far as covers go, Atlas Tales is like the Gerber books for me, every time I go through them a book pops up that I never noticed before. Sometimes they don't catch my eye until I see a bigger scan though (like a boardies post).

I think there are a lot of hidden gems among the Atlas books in all genres. I just added a My Friend Irma to my want list a few days ago.

There is a lot of valuable information to be found on the Atlas Tales site.

I have only one issue of My Friend Irma, it was among a stack of books I purchased some time ago. I also have only one Romance book and not to many Westerns. But I think that Ill eventually get to them. I'm concentrating on the horror, mystery, sf and war books for now.

This flurry of books by Gojira truly shows the variety that Atlas offered for almost 10 years..... really neat stuff. GOD BLESS...

Yes, the variety is exceptional. And there are so many books I have yet to add to my collection. (thumbs u