• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,292 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of the few Atlas war books I own. I especially like the Heath cover and I thought the NA #4 was better inside as well.

NavyAction4x_zpsaf33b1c5.jpg

I love Heath's underwater covers! :cloud9:

Yeah the Navy Action cover is very cool.

Hard to go wrong with a Heath war cover. Now if they could all be readily found in 8.0 I'd be a happy collector.

Here are a couple of the few Atlas war books I own. I especially like the Heath cover and I thought the NA #4 was better inside as well.

I love Heath's underwater covers! :cloud9:

Yeah the Navy Action cover is very cool.

Hard to go wrong with a Heath war cover. Now if they could all be readily found in 8.0 I'd be a happy collector.

+1

WarAdventures8_zpse210be45.jpg

.... the War Adventures has some pretty top notch art inside also..... I've noticed that 1952 was a real good year for Atlas war interiors. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've come to realize that '52 was the sweet spot for many Precode books. Something about the stories from that year seem to show writers and artists hitting their stride! (thumbs u

.... It may be due to so many artists there who were in the beginnings of their careers who had a fresh passion for the material...... where 3 or 4 years later it may have become "just another day at the office". Berg and Reinman did some especially inspired work in '52...... particularly in the War genre. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Here's a recent addition from '52:

DSC_0026826x1280_zpscce81319.jpg

I always liked this cover and this is a nice copy.

With the action going to the left, it was a good choice to put the story panels at the bottom.

I have to agree, even if I'm kinda used to seeing them on the left side.

With the action going to the left, it was a good choice to put the story panels at the bottom.

..... this is one of my favorite covers from Atlas..... the Everett story is kinda cool too..... GOD BLESS...

I'm kinda partial to skeleton covers myself;

vxixde.jpg

I know you don't go for covers only..... and this comic is loaded with GREAT stories and art..... mine is literally falling apart.... GOD BLESS....

I'm kinda partial to skeleton covers myself;

vxixde.jpg

I know you don't go for covers only..... and this comic is loaded with GREAT stories and art..... mine is literally falling apart.... GOD BLESS....

Love the emphasis on the skeleton's foot stomping down, showing that he's literally dancing her to death! Way to go Maneely... :headbang:

..... this is one of my favorite covers from Atlas..... the Everett story is kinda cool too..... GOD BLESS...

Awesome book Mike! That looks like a real stellar copy for the assigned grade. Congratulations :headbang:

Awesome book Mike! That looks like a real stellar copy for the assigned grade. Congratulations :headbang:

096*********** serial numbers are from a very, very tight period of CGC grading. They will often grade higher on a straight resub. GOD BLESS...

096*********** serial numbers are from a very, very tight period of CGC grading. They will often grade higher on a straight resub. GOD BLESS...

Thanks Caleb, this is one of the better books that I've acquired lately.

I agree that the book would probably get a higher grade if I resubbed it jimbo. But I'm not to keen on spending cash just to get a better grade, since this one is a keeper. (thumbs u

Thanks Caleb, this is one of the better books that I've acquired lately.

I agree that the book would probably get a higher grade if I resubbed it jimbo. But I'm not to keen on spending cash just to get a better grade, since this one is a keeper. (thumbs u

:applause: Glad that it's a keeper.