• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

The better covers go nutz at VF...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Probably not quite nice enough to go nutz, but I always have liked it since finding it (about 10 years ago now.)

988023-jim16.jpg

I'd go nutty over that copy! Nice! (worship)

Thanks Jayman! If I'm not mistaken, your copy is as nice or better. :)

Jay has the lone variant copy in the world - priceless.

Hee, Hee, Hee...it's all mine! :insane:

JourneyIntoMystery16a_zpsb74614dd.jpg

Probably not quite nice enough to go nutz, but I always have liked it since finding it (about 10 years ago now.)

988023-jim16.jpg

.....depending on PQ and gloss, you're probably sitting on a 1500+ copy......but you'd likely never replace it in that shape.... GOD BLESS....

Thanks for your thoughts, Jimbo! For as far as I can see into the future, I'm happy to keep this one in my precodes box. :)

988023-jim16.jpg

Jay has the lone variant copy in the world - priceless.

Hee, Hee, Hee...it's all mine! :insane:

JourneyIntoMystery16a_zpsb74614dd.jpg

A VERY well-done variant, at that! ;)

988023-jim16.jpg

.....depending on PQ and gloss, you're probably sitting on a 1500+ copy......but you'd likely never replace it in that shape.... GOD BLESS....

Thanks for your thoughts, Jimbo! For as far as I can see into the future, I'm happy to keep this one in my precodes box. :)

....Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em lol GOD BLESS....

988023-jim16.jpg

....Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em lol GOD BLESS....

:)

After the CC auction results, I'm beginning to wonder what this might bring? hm

JourneyIntoMystery7-1.jpg

A pretty sum, I'd bet! I am lucky to have a copy too, but yours is FAR better -- mine has a mouse-chewed upper right corner. Those mice had good taste! ;)

...tree fiddy.....and a couple of zeroes....... GOD BLESS...

After the CC auction results, I'm beginning to wonder what this might bring? hm

JourneyIntoMystery7-1.jpg

A pretty sum, I'd bet! I am lucky to have a copy too, but yours is FAR better -- mine has a mouse-chewed upper right corner. Those mice had good taste! ;)

...tree fiddy.....and a couple of zeroes....... GOD BLESS...

The 8.0 closed at $8,2550. The highest graded.pedigree factor obviously supercharged the sale.

I sold a 3.5 for 400 in the Clink.

I think I put a floor on it of $2750 and I am being conservative...

Hope the owners/sellers aren't offended, by my sharing of this raw scan of the JIM 7, looks better than an 8.0 to me, by quite a bit.

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

100% agree -- looks awfully in the NM range by whatever definition for this era. Perhaps hidden flaws, back cover crease, etc?

Hope the owners/sellers aren't offended, by my sharing of this raw scan of the JIM 7, looks better than an 8.0 to me, by quite a bit.

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

100% agree -- looks awfully in the NM range by whatever definition for this era. Perhaps hidden flaws, back cover crease, etc?

No I have the BC somewhere also, no issues. Looks like CBCS undergraded it, which is why I went wild for it...unfortunately/sadly I fell short.

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

No I have the BC somewhere also, no issues. Looks like CBCS undergraded it, which is why I went wild for it...unfortunately/sadly I fell short.

Rats! :(

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

....bowing out at 7500 ? ........ man what a sweet book...... an easy 8.5/9.0 on a straight resub ....GOD BLESS....

..... and who says the Marvel Masterworks kill the value of the originals ?

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

....bowing out at 7500 ? ........ man what a sweet book...... an easy 8.5/9.0 on a straight resub ....GOD BLESS....

..... and who says the Marvel Masterworks kill the value of the originals ?

I never bought into reprints killing the value of originals. If anything, they help keep them relevant and in the public eye. Nosebleed highgrade EC's will get amazing prices, and they've been reprinted consistently over the years. How many times has Action #1 been reprinted? And... well, you get my drift. ;)