• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

Hope the owners/sellers aren't offended, by my sharing of this raw scan of the JIM 7, looks better than an 8.0 to me, by quite a bit.

jim7_zpsdae917ae.jpeg

100% agree -- looks awfully in the NM range by whatever definition for this era. Perhaps hidden flaws, back cover crease, etc?

No I have the BC somewhere also, no issues. Looks like CBCS undergraded it, which is why I went wild for it...unfortunately/sadly I fell short.

....bowing out at 7500 ? ........ man what a sweet book...... an easy 8.5/9.0 on a straight resub ....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... and who says the Marvel Masterworks kill the value of the originals ?

I put in a very, very strong bid and figured I would be the winner or underbidder, I was neither.

The better covers go nutz at VF...... GOD BLESS....

Probably not quite nice enough to go nutz, but I always have liked it since finding it (about 10 years ago now.)

988023-jim16.jpg

I'd go nutty over that copy! Nice! (worship)

Thanks Jayman! If I'm not mistaken, your copy is as nice or better. :)

Jay has the lone variant copy in the world - priceless.

Hee, Hee, Hee...it's all mine! :insane:

JourneyIntoMystery16a_zpsb74614dd.jpg

:applause::applause::applause:

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

$40,000 for one high grade and four VF range JiMs with lame and/or middle of the road covers.

It truly boggles the mind.

....don't be coy..... we know dey headed Nashville way..... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

Well, I politely disagree, I like JIM #7 better than several other Everett covers -- but to each their own. I do actually think the book would have more visual appeal with Atlas green as a header, or another black cover, but they can't all be that shade I guess. :)

I like JiM 7 and 18, don't get me wrong. Decent pre-codes and would be neat to own....but not at almost $10k each. That basically turns the entire pre-code market on its head. There are dozens and dozens of better issues from that era that are equally as scarce that trade at fractions of those prices. It just doesn't make sense.

Atlas fever is right!

$40,000 for one high grade and four VF range JiMs with lame and/or middle of the road covers.

It truly boggles the mind.

....don't be coy..... we know dey headed Nashville way..... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

lol

If I owned anything similar to those dey would be headed ComicConnect way!

Probably not quite nice enough to go nutz, but I always have liked it since finding it (about 10 years ago now.)

988023-jim16.jpg

could someone fill me in on this?link pm...anything?

I think it is indicative of one of two things (1) several long time collector with deep pockets needed to fill a hole in a high grade run at any cost and they recognize a high-grade pedigree copy comes around once a decade or less or (2) some new money with deep pockets, who is trying to figure out the market, just entered the fray.

My two cents.

Edited by Johnny545

988023-jim16.jpg

could someone fill me in on this?link pm...anything?

Just Jayman showing off his great Photoshop skills, jimmers. :)

I think it is indicative of one of two things (1) several long time collector with deep pockets needed to fill a hole in a high grade run at any cost and they recognize a high-grade pedigree copy comes around once a decade or less or (2) some new money with deep pockets, who is trying to figure out the market, just entered the fray.

My two cents.

Weren't those books in holders from another company? A cynical person might think someone had bid them up as a marketing gimmick in order to increase the value of that brand.

My two cents.

Weren't those books in holders from another company? A cynical person might think someone had bid them up as a marketing gimmick in order to increase the value of that brand.

....I had wondered if that may have put a damper on the sales.... but it didn't seem to. Did you add any to your collection ? GOD BLESS...

My two cents.

....I had wondered if that may have put a damper on the sales.... but it didn't seem to. Did you add any to your collection ? GOD BLESS...

I didn't pick anything up. I've been trying to sell a comic through CLink, and unless I get lucky with a lowball bid, I'm not I'm not going to buy any books until that one sells. The books I was watching all sold for much more than I was prepared to pay.

A palate cleanser between PCH courses

The only thing better than this incredible Severin cover is the wall to wall Syd Shores inside. Love it!

SailorSweeney14fc100_zpsxw62yrog.jpg

Sailor%20Sweeney%20014-003c100_zpsxghlghbo.jpg

Sailor%20Sweeney%20014-004c100_zpsljf4xffm.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

A palate cleanser between PCH courses

The only thing better than this incredible Severin cover is the wall to wall Syd Shores inside. Love it!

SailorSweeney14fc100_zpsxw62yrog.jpg

Sailor%20Sweeney%20014-003c100_zpsxghlghbo.jpg

Sailor%20Sweeney%20014-004c100_zpsljf4xffm.jpg

I don't understand how did they switch without him knowing?

....perhaps they were into that sort of thing :insane: ......and Shores is one of the unsung stars of the Atlas crew..... he was in almost every genre and never cut corners..... always a top notch job.... GOD BLESS...