• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Rick, I don't post often enough here, but I really like your MT copy. I've been looking for a nice copy of that MT issue for a long time. It just seems like anytime one does come up, I don't have the funds for it at the moment. I was able to grab a low grade copy on a trip through Asheville, NC a couple years back but I still have the itch for a nicer mid/high

image_zps231fc122.jpg

That Venus 16 is off the scale nice. You rarely see any issues of Venus in higher grades.

Here are two recent acquisitions from Ebay.

The Spellbound 23 has been a long time coming to acquire a nice decent copy.

photo SPELLBOUND 23_zpsx68d54t6.jpg

Need this one to help complete my precode MT run. Getting close.

photo MYSTERY TALES 1_zpslrxzubiv.jpg

Rick, I don't post often enough here, but I really like your MT copy. I've been looking for a nice copy of that MT issue for a long time. It just seems like anytime one does come up, I don't have the funds for it at the moment. I was able to grab a low grade copy on a trip through Asheville, NC a couple years back but I still have the itch for a nicer mid/high

No joke. That 6.0 is very pretty. :cool: But that Spellbound, I am very fond of :hail:

I lucked out to my copy in an eBay auction back in 2006. This is one time I am glad I got a copy "early"

Mystery%20Tales%201_zpsgbzhwf8g.jpg

image_zps231fc122.jpg

That Venus 16 is off the scale nice. You rarely see any issues of Venus in higher grades.

Here are two recent acquisitions from Ebay.

The Spellbound 23 has been a long time coming to acquire a nice decent copy.

Need this one to help complete my precode MT run. Getting close.

I have been looking for a decent mid-grade copy for a little while.

I had the Mile High copy of MT # 1. Sold it on the boards a while back.

My replacement didn't break the bank, so I 'm happy with it.

I only own a smattering of Atlas Westerns, but had long wanted a copy of Western Outlaws #1, as I love the cover, and was thrilled to find it in boardie loboagain's sale thread ( and doubly thrilled by his solid grading).

It has a great Heath story as well as some really nice Ayers art, and the stories are loaded with violence, averaging about a shooting a page.

westernoutlaws_zpsd9m8sspj.jpg

I only own a smattering of Atlas Westerns, but had long wanted a copy of Western Outlaws #1, as I love the cover, and was thrilled to find it in boardie loboagain's sale thread ( and doubly thrilled by his solid grading).

It has a great Heath story as well as some really nice Ayers art, and the stories are loaded with violence, averaging about a shooting a page.

westernoutlaws_zpsd9m8sspj.jpg

One of my favorite Atlas westerns, too. Actually, fairly hard to find. Took me years just to get myself a decent copy.

This one's pretty cool, also.

photo WESTOUT9-1.jpg

Edited by RICK STARR

Some guys doing stand-up sang a cowboy song of which I'm reminded,

"We can tell by our outfits that we are both Cowboys..."

Get a loada them git ups.

"If you get an outfit you'll be a cowboy too"

It's from an old comic song Streets of Laredo

I'm genuinely surprised at how well known that song is.

C'mere, google...

My Dad loved the folk groups, especially the Kingston Trio and Chad Mitchell Trio, so I grew up on that music.

Speaking of records,

s-l225.jpg

That's cool, I've gotta find one of those! Have you played it?

Oh yes, bought it back in 1958, when these types of novelty songs were in bloom. It's in my 50's-'60's 45 record collection.