• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

My last two pickups from 2015!

Suspense%20%207_zpsgv3vk24l.jpg

This issue had some cool stories including a Dracula tale. "Dracula Lives!" was used years later as the b/w magazine series title.

Suspense%20%207%20Dracula%20Lives_zpsjeqhjpco.jpg

This AIWW 3 is just an awesome issue from cover to cover. It includes not only a terrific cover by Joe Maneely, but the story and -script for the cover story as well. An Atlas first for cover, story and -script by a single person? (shrug)

Adventures%20Into%20Weird%20Worlds%20%203_zps3ssowign.jpg

This AIWW 3 is just an awesome issue from cover to cover.
It's a marvelous book! :applause:

My last two pickups from 2015!

This AIWW 3 is just an awesome issue from cover to cover. It includes not only a terrific cover by Joe Maneely, but the story and -script for the cover story as well. An Atlas first for cover, story and -script by a single person? (shrug)

And good pickups they are indeed! The AIWW 3 has always been a favorite of mine.

Recent pick up on one of my all time ATLAS books..... this now makes 2 copies of it that I have..... but the higher grade 8.0 is technically for sale.... as it's a little "more" book than I can afford to keep at this point in my life. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MYSTIC%2019.....7.0.jpg

One of my fave issues too and I've got two myself! :D

Not as nice as your 7 & 8.0 though.

Mystic19.jpg

Mystic19a.jpg

...I don't know, bro..... that second one is mighty sweet. GOD BLESS....

I wouldn't give it a 10....... but it has a few good stories. Whenever I get a low to mid grade in stock, it always sells..... the Lawrence and Luster stories were good.... GOD BLESS....

Honestly, I haven't read it in so long I forget. :blush:

Usually seeing the side panels on the cover triggers a memory of one of the stories but nothing comes to mind. I typically will remember if an issue has a stand out story or not so I am betting these were just average Atlas tales.

Edit: I seem to remember the "They Dive by Night" isn't about a vampire but a evil hearted skin diver hungry for treasure and gets trapped by a giant clam!

Recent pick up on one of my all time ATLAS books..... this now makes 2 copies of it that I have..... but the higher grade 8.0 is technically for sale.... as it's a little "more" book than I can afford to keep at this point in my life. GOD BLESS.....

MYSTIC%2019.....7.0.jpg

No real need for an 8.0 with a 7.0 that looks that sweet.

Here is my 8.0 copy. I also have a raw 6.0/6.5 copy which I haven't scanned.

The stories are ok, no Everett, Heath or Maneely.

photo MYSTIC19_zpsbc319f81.jpg

..... nice Rick..... it's prettier than my 8.0..... GOD BLESS...

Here is my 8.0 copy. I also have a raw 6.0/6.5 copy which I haven't scanned.

The stories are ok, no Everett, Heath or Maneely.

photo MYSTIC19_zpsbc319f81.jpg

..... nice Rick..... it's prettier than my 8.0..... GOD BLESS...

Thanks, Jim. I wish the PQ was better. Saw your copy on Ebay. (thumbs u

Your PQ probably IS better...... old label and all. Mine is unfortunately one of those books that really needs to be sold in person.... the pics make it look a lot worse than it is..... if it doesn't sell, I may take it to Baltimore and trade with someone. Someday it would be nice to see your collection..... I bet it spans the ages with all kinds of neat stuff.... GOD BLESS...

Honestly, I haven't read it in so long I forget. :blush:

Usually seeing the side panels on the cover triggers a memory of one of the stories but nothing comes to mind. I typically will remember if an issue has a stand out story or not so I am betting these were just average Atlas tales.

Edit: I seem to remember the "They Dive by Night" isn't about a vampire but a evil hearted skin diver hungry for treasure and gets trapped by a giant clam!

.... It's definitely no JIUW 14, 19, or 22........ but it's decent. GOD BLESS...

Got these a little while ago - They round out the # 28 to complete the mini run of the final 3 issues of Man Comics featuring Bob Brant and the trouble shooters. I haven't found them easy to find -

IMG_20160125_0008_zpshacwp6pp.jpg

IMG_20160125_0007_zpsywm0bzxm.jpg

and here's the 28 to complete the set -

Man%20Comics%2028_zps9apldzzj.jpg

Got these a little while ago - They round out the # 28 to complete the mini run of the final 3 issues of Man Comics featuring Bob Brant and the trouble shooters. I haven't found them easy to find -

Hmmm...

IMG_20160125_0007_zpsywm0bzxm.jpg

ROCKET MOON photo ROCKETTOMOON.jpg