• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I mean come on Actions 13 17 and 20 ? They should be.. but I guess they cant call every cover a classic cover
:gossip: It doesn't matter how anyone else designates a cover, it's how you feel about it. I have a lot of books that should have notations on the label that don't. ;)

I mean come on Actions 13 17 and 20 ? They should be.. but I guess they cant call every cover a classic cover
:gossip: It doesn't matter how anyone else designates a cover, it's how you feel about it. I have a lot of books that should have notations on the label that don't. ;)

I agree, I mean, how is this book not noted as "classic" on the label or in Overstreet ?

ActionComics48slabbedver2-1.jpg

cause "classic" denotes a familiarity. That doesnt necessarily mean just a "great" cover if the image isnt well known or transcends the genre of signify the character. Here Superman is hitting an airplane with a charactered Jap pilot. (not 'classic-worthy" to me).

Compare this to the Classic Superman 14 or 24 with teh American flag. Those are Classics. I think this is just a dammed good cover with a lot of power to it.

here are a few "classic" superman books (although, superman doesn't appear on the cover of one of them)

a210.jpg

wow. nice books rick.

that action 2 looks familiar ;) has it been trimmed?

:golfclap:

no, no trimming :makepoint:

cover washing and shrinkage :blush:

here are a few "classic" superman books (although, superman doesn't appear on the cover of one of them)

a210.jpg

And by the way,I agree that they are both awesome and classic. 2 is a great cover! O'Mealia is awesome. His art was so ahead of his time.

cause "classic" denotes a familiarity. That doesnt necessarily mean just a "great" cover if the image isnt well known or transcends the genre of signify the character. Here Superman is hitting an airplane with a charactered Jap pilot. (not 'classic-worthy" to me).

Compare this to the Classic Superman 14 or 24 with teh American flag. Those are Classics. I think this is just a dammed good cover with a lot of power to it.

I see what your saying, and I definitely agree on Supes 14 and 24, but if Action #36 (robot cover) can get the "classic" designation, I don't see why a few well known war covers can't. I don't think it "denotes a familiarity" as much as some other covers, maybe people just really like robots.

Edited by thedude

Oh God I have not seen those now defunct Fortress cases in a while.... You still have them in there? And Rick.... :gossip: do you have any doubles?

no double actions... (get it, double actions lol )

I agree, I mean, how is this book not noted as "classic" on the label or in Overstreet ?

What's even more baffling is how this book hasn't made its way into my collection yet. :baiting:

What's even more baffling is how this book hasn't made its way into my collection yet. :baiting:

lol hey, you already got one.

lol hey, you already got one.

:takeit: