• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

The work you mention all falls within the range of Mod P.....and 20 K might not be too bad if you've got no tanning and nice pages.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I was just looking at the Famous Funnies Frazetta portfolio you sold me a few years ago....it's one of my pized possesions. :cloud9:

Quick question to anyone with an opinion. I have a chance to buy a Superman #1 raw. I know that it was sent in for restoration and that the centerfold was married. I have checked GPA and it's tough to get a good handle on prices for this book right now as it's definitely gone up in value. Yet as a restored issue I'm not sure how drastic the move up has been. Overall grade I'd figure is a 5.0 so If it got a 5.0 Mod (P) what would its generic market price be on an auction like ebay lets say - or a good asking price here on the boards.

Also, can Mod P have "pieces added, cleaned cover, or replaced staples" or does that put it in Ext (P) land. I haven't looked at the interior covers just yet, nor checked it in person, but I figure that level of restoration is where it's at.

BTW, I don't think he'll go below $20k so it's a tough call for me and I figured the boards would be a good place to get some free advice.

Ed

Seeing as how a 1.0 sold for $20,000 recently, I'd say you were on firm ground if you make that purchase.

I'd do it.

Quick question to anyone with an opinion. I have a chance to buy a Superman #1 raw. I know that it was sent in for restoration and that the centerfold was married. I have checked GPA and it's tough to get a good handle on prices for this book right now as it's definitely gone up in value. Yet as a restored issue I'm not sure how drastic the move up has been. Overall grade I'd figure is a 5.0 so If it got a 5.0 Mod (P) what would its generic market price be on an auction like ebay lets say - or a good asking price here on the boards.

Also, can Mod P have "pieces added, cleaned cover, or replaced staples" or does that put it in Ext (P) land. I haven't looked at the interior covers just yet, nor checked it in person, but I figure that level of restoration is where it's at.

BTW, I don't think he'll go below $20k so it's a tough call for me and I figured the boards would be a good place to get some free advice.

Ed

I think 20K sounds reasonable, below 20K near-impossible...................

Holy smokes! I have had this copy for about 8 months and never noticed it was a double cover until tonight! The 1st time I opened it I guess they were a little stuck together. It used to look like this, complete with heavy crease, pencil, dirt 2 small spine splits &edge tear....

3039060399_17f1025d13_o.jpg

I couldn't resist allowing the better 2nd cover to be the one I look at, so I removed the outer, and now it looks like this...

3268619188_52616c022e_o.jpg

Now that I see the initial scan I can see that it is a double cover where the chip is, but I never knew! I don't know if you think me mad for removing the outer cover, but the inner is so bright & fresh I had to.

3268619188_52616c022e_o.jpg

Now that I see the initial scan I can see that it is a double cover where the chip is, but I never knew! I don't know if you think me mad for removing the outer cover, but the inner is so bright & fresh I had to.

we don't think you mad Matt, beautiful book !