• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Quick Superman question:

Anyone know how many pages Superman # 100 should have? I just picked one up off of Ebay and it's in way better condition than I expected, but it seems awfully...thin.

I would like to know if it has all its pages before I drop it off with CGC during WonderCon.

Jon,

Extremely nice books you got there.... I had seen your scans of the # 1 and # 7 before, but not the # 20 or # 63, that's an awesome looking copy with a great WWII cover, I won't ask how much you paid for each, but may I ask approx. when you bought them and how long you've had them. ??

Jon,

Extremely nice books you got there.... I had seen your scans of the # 1 and # 7 before, but not the # 20 or # 63, that's an awesome looking copy with a great WWII cover, I won't ask how much you paid for each, but may I ask approx. when you bought them and how long you've had them. ??

the #20 (Larson copy) has a water stain in the middle of the bottom(VG due to that) ....price? $600 June 1995 (bought from a guy in England)

#63 VF- Sept 1994 $285

I am an old....

I will post the remaining actions I have...(after 10....I have 1-10)

jon

36 pages.
Thanks!

My 100 has 32 pages but all of the stories are complete. If I didn't have your info I'd think the book is complete too. The problem is I can't tell what's missing.

The centerfold is part of the Superman as substitute teacher story and continues from story-page 6 to story-page 7 (numbers drawn into the lower corner of the art). Anyone know if that's what the centerfold's supposed to be?

I can find no evidence of ripped or clipped out pages either. So even though I must be missing pages or a whole wrap somewhere, I can't tell. I just thought the book was thin.

I'm not normally a Superman or Action collector since there's too much cost or competition to pick up all those nice war covers... smile.gif

Jon,

Thanks for posting some of your incredible books. That Action #7 is fantastic and the fact it was used in litigation makes it a one of a kind item. hail.gif

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see your Action #10 as well.

I'm not normally a Superman or Action collector since there's too much cost or competition to pick up all those nice war covers... smile.gif

You're right to stay away. When it comes to Action war cover collectors, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. stooges.gif

You're right to stay away. When it comes to Action war cover collectors, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. stooges.gif

I once knocked over a man on crutches holding a baby to get an Action war cover he was going to buy.