• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

750 posts in this topic

I think 9 goes for more than 1, well at a certain grade.

If I went by order of highest priced:

Maybe #50

and then it gets blurry from here for me lol. Tough to compare between all the ridiculously rare issues from 21-120.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

And they just arrived! Thought they might come back a tad higher each, like literally a 2.5 and a 3.5, but not complaining.

F2494B38-05B4-45EA-9265-6BB3730847AE.jpeg

Was the 2.0 still yours, or did you sell and someone flip it?  I thought I had a chance but my bid fell quite short, this one is going ballistic.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, OtherEric said:

Was the 2.0 still yours, or did you sell and someone flip it?  I thought I had a chance but my bid fell quite short, this one is going ballistic.

Yeah that was mine. Just figured I’d sell my under copy. Definitely wishing I held onto my 7.5 I sold months ago lol.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, buttock said:

The Gerber ratings for these books and this era were not at all accurate.  Up until the end of WW2 or so they have some validity, but after that everything was a 5 or 4 indiscriminately.  

Fair enough.  I know the Gerber ratings can be variable at best, but I didn't realize they became that generic for later books

On 1/11/2023 at 9:41 AM, OtherEric said:

In today, courtesy of @LDarkseid1.  Apparently the original high bidder ghosted him after the auction, and we came to agreeable terms.  The book presents great for a 2.0, although I’ll probably go ahead and crack it anyway.  I want to read the darn thing!

B6D199EB-4327-4BBC-A177-AD684D92B649.jpeg

Crack away amigo! Enjoy that book!

On 1/11/2023 at 10:41 AM, OtherEric said:

In today, courtesy of @LDarkseid1.  Apparently the original high bidder ghosted him after the auction, and we came to agreeable terms.  The book presents great for a 2.0, although I’ll probably go ahead and crack it anyway.  I want to read the darn thing!

B6D199EB-4327-4BBC-A177-AD684D92B649.jpeg

I can tell you how the story ends...:gossip:

On 1/10/2023 at 9:28 AM, OtherEric said:

Fair enough.  I know the Gerber ratings can be variable at best, but I didn't realize they became that generic for later books

The rarity of this series baffles me. I just got back CGC 6.0’s on my #82 and #89. Looking at the census, there’s only 4 copies graded for issue #82 and 6 copies for #89, will be 1 more for each once my copies hit the census. I just can’t help but feel that’s not because they’re super rare books, based off Gerber or anything like that. Just more so people don’t submit their copies, and there’s maybe a lot of raw copies in the wild. I might be wrong of course, but my gut tells me a lot more could be graded if people wanted to. However, issues in higher grade, like 8.0 and above seems extremely difficult to come by, and I suspect most raw copies in the wild from issue 20ish to 100 are low to low mid grade.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

The rarity of this series baffles me. I just got back CGC 6.0’s on my #82 and #89. Looking at the census, there’s only 4 copies graded for issue #82 and 6 copies for #89, will be 1 more for each once my copies hit the census. I just can’t help but feel that’s not because they’re super rare books, based off Gerber or anything like that. Just more so people don’t submit their copies, and there’s maybe a lot of raw copies in the wild. I might be wrong of course, but my gut tells me a lot more could be graded if people wanted to. However, issues in higher grade, like 8.0 and above seems extremely difficult to come by, and I suspect most raw copies in the wild from issue 20ish to 100 are low to low mid grade.

They certainly aren't common.  It's a tough era for DC in general.  But a lot of these are tied up in older collections where there is no reason to have them certified.  

After seeing all of these copies of #79 recently, I must confess I sold mine.

Just after I first started collecting (early 2000's) I found this copy in a bargain bin. A couple of years ago I noticed how much it was going for and sold it on Ebay.

Then early last year I spotted this copy for less than $50 at the LCS. I sold it on Ebay as well. :makepoint: 

scan0704.jpg

scan0817.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 1/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, buttock said:

They certainly aren't common.  It's a tough era for DC in general.  But a lot of these are tied up in older collections where there is no reason to have them certified.  

No definitely not common, can’t argue there. Have to wonder what the print run on the issues from this series was.