My Mexican Publication Spanish Silver Age Collection
2 2

257 posts in this topic

The last issue of the original Avengers before some members going off on their own for a while. Avengers #15 Mexican Edition. This is kinda where I stopped collecting these Mexican copies, well except for the next issue below ;) 

My Mexican Avengers 15 front.jpg

 

My Mexican Avengers 15 back.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Amazing Spider-Man #54 Mexican Edition. Fantucchio pedigree copy. 

Amazing  Spider-Man 54 Mexican Edition 5.5 ow-w Fantucchio.jpg

Nice comic.

If CGC could only change the wording from 'Edition' to 'Publication' then that would be a perfect label - a 'Mexican Publication' which 'Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #54 in Spanish'. There isn't an original US printed 'El Sorprendente Hombre Arana #73' for this to be the Mexican edition of! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

The last issue of the original Avengers before some members going off on their own for a while. Avengers #15 Mexican Edition. This is kinda where I stopped collecting these Mexican copies, well except for the next issue below ;) 

My Mexican Avengers 15 front.jpg

hm

15c.PNG.720f4e704e65ccd438fbe27982602333.PNG 15c2.PNG.4fc9210125d35fbf9dc3114ff8f535cf.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you noticed any dip in paper quality or is it pretty comparable to US produced comics at that time frame?  I have an Italian edition of ASM 299/300 (reprints both issues in one), and I was surprised that the cover was a heavy card stock, and the Italians didn't skimp on the paper or coloring, unlike their crappy Spider-Man film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice comic.

If CGC could only change the wording from 'Edition' to 'Publication' then that would be a perfect label - a 'Mexican Publication' which 'Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #54 in Spanish'. There isn't an original US printed 'El Sorprendente Hombre Arana #73' for this to be the Mexican edition of! 

 

 

You're right about that. You're probably cringing seeing me adopt that terminology on pretty much every post. I'll try to remember that going forward. (thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

Have you noticed any dip in paper quality or is it pretty comparable to US produced comics at that time frame?  I have an Italian edition of ASM 299/300 (reprints both issues in one), and I was surprised that the cover was a heavy card stock, and the Italians didn't skimp on the paper or coloring, unlike their crappy Spider-Man film.

Actually I have. MANY of the copies I've found have lesser paper quality than the US books. Only on occasion have I seen nice quality pages, like the Fantucchio pedigree copies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Frisco Larson said:

Actually I have. MANY of the copies I've found have lesser paper quality than the US books. Only on occasion have I seen nice quality pages, like the Fantucchio pedigree copies. 

I was going to comment on how many of your books look very nice despite the paper quality being lesser than their U.S. counterparts...makes them even more impressive.

The paper quality reminds me of some German reprint publications I bought in the late 70s, one of which was a Spidey #129 (Die Spinne) reprint that ended up grading 8.5 when I sent it into CGC. :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I was going to comment on how many of your books look very nice despite the paper quality being lesser than their U.S. counterparts...makes them even more impressive.

The paper quality reminds me of some German reprint publications I bought in the late 70s, one of which was a Spidey #129 (Die Spinne) reprint that ended up grading 8.5 when I sent it into CGC. :smile:

Thanks! Several of the books came from a specific dealer and appear to be pretty much uncirculated. Even some of those copies have a minor tanning halo, not bad at all, just a different shade color of paper. I'm not sure if CGC would downgrade for that. I can ask Matt next time I talk with him. I know that they do if it's severe, not sure when it's minor. 

I'm curious about the German Spider-Man you mentioned. What did CGC call the pages on it? I'd love to see it if you have a pic! I have some Other Nation publications too and just dig them! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I'm curious about the German Spider-Man you mentioned. What did CGC call the pages on it? I'd love to see it if you have a pic! I have some Other Nation publications too and just dig them! 

It actually got a white page designation from CGC! I was actually very happy with the grade, considering I never bagged or boarded it and just kept it in a box for almost 40 years before submitting it to CGC...I don't have a photo of it slabbed, but here's a (not great) scan of it "in the raw" from back in 2007...

DieSpinne130.jpg.d0415da2a2de25026ae934f31e3bc23e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

You're right about that. You're probably cringing seeing me adopt that terminology on pretty much every post. I'll try to remember that going forward. (thumbsu

Not at all. It's actually nice to see the 'reprint' label wording on those copies actually. Keep em coming! :headbang:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2