• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

Just my opinion but I think that the market got a little crazy with the lockdowns and some panic buying set it. A very small group of collectors drove prices through the roof but I believe some common sense may be setting in. After all, how many average comic book collectors can afford books for over 5 to 6 grand? Once those people have the book who is left to buy?

this is why books like asm300, once only a smart buy in a 9.8, are now smart buys in almost all grades. there's a price point for everyone. same lesson learned with hulk 181 and other common books where the logic used to be to 'buy high grade only' then eventually shifted to 'buy all grades.'

1 minute ago, alexgross.com said:

this is why books like asm300, once only a smart buy in a 9.8, are now smart buys in almost all grades. there's a price point for everyone. same lesson learned with hulk 181 and other common books where the logic used to be to 'buy high grade only' then eventually shifted to 'buy all grades.'

I consider this and agree but then I look at books like

Omega men 3

And killing joke 

And ponder what next evolution will rise the rest of the boats

16 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

So people don't have to click the link to see. Yeah, nutty!

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.20.45 PM.png

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yup, I placed a strong bid, but at least two people wanted it even more.

Upon reflection, I'm glad I didn't win it.

Was it the fact it was a newsstand that factored into your bid? 

Just now, Vince G said:

Was it the fact it was a newsstand that factored into your bid? 

its scarcity in 9.8 more than anything.  

There are 10 ASM 300's in 9.9, and I think there's less than five newsstands in 9.8, three of which are Sig Series.

Previously, I could give a ratz@$$ about newsstand vs direct and I'd refuse to pay a penny more for them...until I came to the realization that 9.8's are scarcer than 9.9's.

5 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

There are 10 ASM 300's in 9.9, and I think there's less than five newsstands in 9.8, three of which are Sig Series.

Previously, I could give a ratz@$$ about newsstand vs direct and I'd refuse to pay a penny more for them...until I came to the realization that 9.8's are scarcer than 9.9's.

I'll be curious to see how this sale affects the other 9.8s (directs) that are currently available in the wild.

15 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

There’s no way there’s only 5 9.8 newsstands 

How are you arriving at this number?

14 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

There’s no way there’s only 5 9.8 newsstands 

How are you arriving at this number?

Looking at gpa sales and extrapolating.  As I said, I THINK there’s 5 copies of newsstand in 9.8.

Would love to know if anyone has more info

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Looking at gpa sales and extrapolating.  As I said, I THINK there’s 5 copies of newsstand in 9.8.

Would love to know if anyone has more info

At 25K, I’m sure we’ll see a couple come out....