• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2022 at 2:12 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I believe so.  I guess we’ll find out in late Nov, after the deadline for the McSigning has passed.

whike we’re on the topic of McFarlane, has anyone else noticed how difficult it’s become to find the Spawn/Batman one-shot from the mid-90’s?

The print run must have been huge so why is there so copies in the wild?

i would not be surprised if the print run was 300000-400000

I see many at Cons and LCS'  to the point of ubiquity.   I saw this post while I was talking on phone with a buddy of mine who owned my closest LCS until he semi-retired last year. I asked him if he has any - his inventory shows 2  full Longs Box in storage. He'll Check out the going rate and if he deems it worth it he'll send them to CGC. He's the type that dumps great quantities in a short time on eBay and other venues - he's not into waiting game and has little care maintaining the maximum price point any more as he desires to fully retire and "go tropical"  for his remaining years.

IMHO if direct sale version the book is not worth grading except as Signature fodder for Todd. The 9.8 population has gone up over double since June 2020. My guess it triples or more in next 2 years perhaps more if my buddy now dumps his in effect due to your post :)   I also told him do his 4 full long boxes of Spawn 1 as there are fools rubes fans who are still paying $150 or so for it.   How many hundreds or thousands of dealers have multiple full long boxes of Spawn 1? My guess is most ...

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/2/2022 at 3:22 PM, MAR1979 said:

i would not be surprised if the print run was 300000-400000

I see many at Cons and LCS'  to the point of ubiquity.   I saw this post while I was talking on phone with a buddy of mine who owned my closest LCS until he semi-retired last year. I asked him if he has any - his inventory shows 2  full Longs Box in storage. He'll Check out the going rate and if he deems it work it he'll send them to CGC. He's the type that dumps great quantities in a short time on eBay and other venues - he's not into waiting game and has little care maintaining the maximum price point any more as he desires to fully retire and "go tropical"  for his remaining years.

IMHO if direct sale version the book is not worth grading except as Signature fodder for Todd. The 9.8 population has gone up over double since June 2020. My guess it triples or more in next 2 years perhaps more if my buddy now dumps his in effect due to your post :)   I also told him do his 4 full long boxes of Spawn 1 as there are fools rubes fans who are still paying $150 or so for it.   How many hundreds or thousands of dealers have multiple full long boxes of Spawn 1? My guess is most ...

Census doubled? And only like 200 more in 9.8?

On 10/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:
On 10/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, MAR1979 said:

Missing info?

?

I think you were discussing 9.6? at $1700, but the discussion previous was 9.8? might have thrown it off course :) 

On 10/4/2022 at 3:44 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yeah, CGC is super tight for the past 18 months, at least that’s what I’ve noticed

Not to keep bringing up McFarlane or signings, as I know that's not everyones cup of tea, but it's the reason I was going to send in a ASM 301 cgc 9.6.

Very uneasy to send in anything else, the person who gifted me the slab wants me to try as well. Still, I used to say worst it would do is come back same grade? And idk

Part of typing it is cathartic yet uneasy. 

2nd gen label, and idk if ever pressed before. :canofworms: can of worms I know 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, MAR1979 said:

not sure I was clear, but i was talking about Batman/Spawn #1 in which the only reason are number are not higher is for most simply not worth submitting.

Ah ya, I was looking at asm 300, and now, there are 27000 total slabs? That still has to have doubled?

Seems I remember 15000 and 1200 9.8's, now there are 27000 slabs and 1375 9.8 slabs. Glad I looked cause surely someone would have scored with a 9.6 press bump to 9.8. More that 150 times, before the total census doubled?

On 10/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to keep bringing up McFarlane or signings, as I know that's not everyones cup of tea, but it's the reason I was going to send in a ASM 301 cgc 9.6.

Very uneasy to send in anything else, the person who gifted me the slab wants me to try as well. Still, I used to say worst it would do is come back same grade? And idk

Part of typing it is cathartic yet uneasy. 

2nd gen label, and idk if ever pressed before. :canofworms: can of worms I know 

No way

I'd be risking a major 9,8, the amount of cojohness, makes me squint just thinking about it  :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/4/2022 at 4:52 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not quite…that was the amount of 9.6 copies.  I also have eight 9.8’s now.

So, more than halfway there, and still trying to achieve my goal of 80 copies

Lol I think he meant halfway catching up through the thread 🧵

Made me wonder what I've posted, as I've let y'all have at it. :headbang: