• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold collecting thread - 2.0!
1 1

200 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 12:43 PM, Hepcat said:

Here then are scans of my earliest Brave and the Bold issues:

Tracking down those Cave Carson issues in reasonably high grade is beyond tough. Maybe one day....

:frown:

I mislabelled my Cave Carsons in my April 5th post. It's the #32 and not the #33 that's from the Mohawk Valley collection. I've now corrected the error I made in my post.

:blush:

Edited by Hepcat

On 5/7/2024 at 11:43 AM, Hepcat said:

I mislabelled my Cave Carsons in my April 5th post. It's the #32 and not the #33 that's from the Mohawk Valley collection. I've now corrected the error I made in my post.

:blush:

You're forgiven. :angel:

They are both super nice looking copies either way!!!

@Hepcat You've got some amazing copies going there. I was always a fan of the Brave and Bold, but I was a little late to the party, starting my collection and original run of the title with issue #73 and had every issue until #104. I did manage to acquire some earlier issues as far back as #59 from some of my brother's friends. In modern times I've added more and nicer copies, some raw and some graded going back to issue #55 (I'm partial to the Metal Men). The cover art and coloring on most of the issues are very well done, but I have always thought issue #60 was one of the weakest covers of the title; Wonder Girl's head shot art is just ridiculous. Anyway, kudos to you for a fantastic looking set of books!

On 5/27/2024 at 10:43 AM, Hepcat said:

Thank you! Here are scans of five more then:

16-09-2012101632PM.jpg

09-09-201264602PM.jpg

Northland copy

16-09-2012101635PM.jpg

16-09-2012101638PM.jpg

29-09-201222228PM.jpg

:smile:

Very nice copies...whatever scanner you use really makes those colors pop!