• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milo Manara Appreciation
5 5

130 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, darkstar said:

Remember when you downplayed comic art that one time and called it commercial garbage?

Sounds like exact wording. :shiftyeyes:
Not at all taken out of context or phrased to suit your narrative at all. 

Oddly enough I remember exactly what you are referencing, and articulated vividly the difference between comic book art and fine art, how there are fundamental differences, not commercial garbage as you put it.  I would love to see where I wrote commercial garbage, please forward. 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:24 PM, Juno Beach said:

comicbook guy.jpg

That’s what happens when a company has no spine. 

It’s hard to imagine how Marvel will be in 30 years, when all the boomers are gone, and the silver age generation is just a memory. 

Not sure if anyone was following this one, but I am going to put it out there..  Sold for far more then I expected.

Milo Manara Savage Wolverine #2 Shanna the She-Devil Variant Cover Original Art (Marvel, 2013) Sold on Jun 21, 2024.

MMSW.thumb.jpg.2c4aa620e943cabd7054adc4b6449b7d.jpg

On 6/24/2024 at 11:58 AM, SamPool said:

Not sure if anyone was following this one, but I am going to put it out there..  Sold for far more then I expected.

I did not see that one, but the Manara original art market has been hot for quite a while.  I try not to look because I'll just be disappointed that I can't buy it.

That's likely the best cover he has done for Marvel.  My favorite.  2c