• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graham Crackers Chicago Loop store looted, many books taken
1 1

116 posts in this topic

As a general trend, people aren't leaving cities. 

Urbanization is increasing and expected to reach 60% in the next 30yrs or so. The amount of megacities is also increasing (cities over 10m). 

In the US, rural populations declined for the 2010 census and are expected to decline again in 2020. 

9 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

As a general trend, people aren't leaving cities. 

Urbanization is increasing and expected to reach 60% in the next 30yrs or so. The amount of megacities is also increasing (cities over 10m). 

In the US, rural populations declined for the 2010 census and are expected to decline again in 2020. 

But it ain't Chicago

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/05/23/725913379/downtown-chicago-grows-while-the-south-and-west-sides-lose-population

this quote is on the OPs signature and it's a good reminder of the town I live in

"I'd like to thank Chicago for single-handedly keeping the following American big-city traditions alive: smoking, drinking during the day, eating terrible food, congeniality and breasts. It's noble work you're doing, Chicago. We're all proud of you."

Bill Simmons, May 28, 2010

Edited by jsilverjanet

4 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:
11 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Let’s rename this the Anti Chicago thread 

I know, right... I guess my thoughts won't be welcome here.

only if mod1 is on vacation