• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it time to retire the term "Bondage Cover" like we did with "headlights"?
4 4

84 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Cheesecake will always sell, but bondage and headlights aren't terms I hear used anymore.  Does anyone under the age of 50 collect specifically for those genres?  I'm 40, and I find "injury to eye" far more compelling.

My wife likes to tell people that I collect anything with a female chained to a wheel involving a branding iron. :roflmao:

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Does one really need a term to describe this one?

Wertham said it fine... "Sexual stimulation by combining "headlights" with the sadist's dream of tying up a woman".

Although, I don't think kids of the time were quite that sophisticated.

You don't want to know what I paid for it back in the '70's...:banana:

comphantomlady17.JPG

$1 BIN!!  :banana:

On 8/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Artboy99 said:

I grew up with a native indian family that lived next door to me and the family had a son and daughter my age and we hung out all the time. The son often referred to me as "honky". I never cared to be honest. 

A while back I was out jogging and someone yelled 'HONKY!' at me out of their car window. I couldn't tell the person's race. It would have been even funnier if they were white.

13 minutes ago, bb8 said:

A while back I was out jogging and someone yelled 'HONKY!' at me out of their car window. I couldn't tell the person's race. It would have been even funnier if they were white.

The term is actually derived from the pejorative 'hunky' people of western European stock used for people of eastern European stock, so it wouldn't have been out of common usage.

28 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

The term is actually derived from the pejorative 'hunky' people of western European stock used for people of eastern European stock, so it wouldn't have been out of common usage.

I’ve never been called ‘hunky’ before in my life even if utterly inaccurate. So I’ll take it 😀

6 hours ago, Wees 2e said:

Out today:

WW_761_300-001_HD_5f43f4351ab782.7804928

Is it normal to be able to swivel your eye that far to the side?  I can’t do it.

Mirror imaged in my head, it looks quite wrong.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, Robot Man said:

My wife likes to tell people that I collect anything with a female chained to a wheel involving a branding iron. :roflmao:

Dark Mysteries 19!

10 hours ago, Wees 2e said:

Out today:

WW_761_300-001_HD_5f43f4351ab782.7804928

Once again we see modern comic artists cannot draw hair.  This is wut happens when you learn to draw from comic books.
Stretch a bit, boys.

19 hours ago, bb8 said:

My wife came home a couple of years ago and told me that she'd been cut off in a parking lot and the other woman had called her a "honky". She'd never heard the term before, which was pretty hilarious. I told her she must have lived a pretty sheltered life. Had she really never seen The Jeffersons???

That headlight and bondage label is utterly ridiculous.. and should be removed.. where do you find these books... umm asking for a friend.. lol 

17 hours ago, kav said:

Once again we see modern comic artists cannot draw hair.  This is wut happens when you learn to draw from comic books.
Stretch a bit, boys.

Hear, hear!

Learn from the best... among them Larry Elmore. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1643934

He could do shampoo ads, whew.

3 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Hear, hear!

Learn from the best... among them Larry Elmore. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1643934

He could do shampoo ads, whew.

Well its best to learn from real life-when you learn from another comic artist its like making a photocopy of a photocopy-each iteration gets a bit weaker.
And its not hard to draw hair!  I could teach any comic artist how to do it in about 5 minutes.  Really a laziness that annoys the hell out of me.