• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's JACK REACHER show (2022)
7 7

239 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, kav said:

I hated how

Reveal hidden contents

reacher mows down anyone with any weapon but the skinniest little goofball with a crowbar nearly killed 'im :facepalm:

That was one thing that bugged me slightly.  Also, if the baddies were “special forces” he had a harder time with them.  Even if he had 80 pounds of muscle on them.  
4-5 prison lifers at once?  No problem.  
160lb Venezuelan soldier?  Dogfight!

On 2/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, chrisco37 said:

That was one thing that bugged me slightly.  Also, if the baddies were “special forces” he had a harder time with them.  Even if he had 80 pounds of muscle on them.  
4-5 prison lifers at once?  No problem.  
160lb Venezuelan soldier?  Dogfight!

Street thugs vs. highly trained special forces soldiers. 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

If you force yourself to see something wrong in a show I guarantee you there will something to call out. Every time!

I swear I do not go looking for these.  I want the shows to be good.  Then dude's water glass keeps filling and emptying.  what am I supposed to do-ignore it?

On 2/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, kav said:

I swear I do not go looking for these.  I want the shows to be good.  Then dude's water glass keeps filling and emptying.  what am I supposed to do-ignore it?

I've been waiting for you to post how his zipper possible was half-up and then full-up and you couldn't help noticing.

:baiting:

On 2/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

I've been waiting for you to post how his zipper possible was half-up and then full-up and you couldn't help noticing.

:baiting:

247990028_2025506094289790_865092133039554570_n.jpg.424a143c69bff218ef61a633c1e49544.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

I kid you as you dislike what you want to dislike.

It just doesn't convey taking a show serious if while watching the episode you are posting all the things that are wrong.

well I had nothing bad to say about hawkeye or breaking bad for instance.  

On 2/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, The Brain said:

Street thugs vs. highly trained special forces soldiers. 

Reacher is highly trained as well.  It’s not about training/skill level of the other person.  It’s a size/strength thing.  It’s why they have weight classes in boxing/mma.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, chrisco37 said:

Reacher is highly trained as well.  It’s not about training/skill level of the other person.  It’s a size/strength thing.  It’s why they have weight classes in boxing/mma.

there's also people that go beyond training and become weapons of mass destruction.  due to their nature.

cant have an ending without monologuing uber confident bad guy!  (even tho he just saw his entire team wiped out and has no reason to assume Reacher is the only foe still in the building-its like he...read the --script).

Screenshot 2022-02-08 4.20.40 PM.png

Edited by kav

Spoiler

bad guy gets head dipped in bleach pops out no eyes waterin no pain no nuthin.  Its almost like it was....water.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, chrisco37 said:

He did say it 'normally' takes him about 15 seconds to disable or kill

most people, but that they were using a specialized Venezuelan  martial art. 

Reacher EP Says 'Wildfire' Response Fueled Quick Renewal, Shares Secrets to Prime Video Hit's Success

A “wildfire”-like bingeing of Reacher‘s eight-episode season, which premiered Feb. 4 on Prime Video, led to its near-instant renewal, says its showrunner.

In the first three days hours after its launch, Reacher reportedly ranked among the streamer’s Top 5 most-watched series ever in the U.S. and globally, with many viewers finishing all eight episodes during the first 24 hours of release. TVLine readers, meanwhile, gave the Alan Ritchson-led adaptation of Lee Child’s first Jack Reacher novel, The Killing Floor, an average grade of “A” (read finale recap).

Wow!

I didn’t quite get through it that quick but just finished the last episode and overall really enjoyed it. Been a long time since I read the killing floor, might need to pick up a few others in the series now as I only ever read a couple of others.

It certainly had its flaws but I liked the leads and the 80s tough guy vibe it had at times.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:59 AM, RickSp said:

I didn’t quite get through it that quick but just finished the last episode and overall really enjoyed it. Been a long time since I read the killing floor, might need to pick up a few others in the series now as I only ever read a couple of others.

It certainly had its flaws but I liked the leads and the 80s tough guy vibe it had at times.

Alan Ritchson just comes across as genuine and seems to go deep into his roles. I like that about him.

So seeing him make this work is really nice to experience as a fan.