• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

267 posts in this topic

In interviews with ComicBook.com, Agee and Holland spoke about the experience of having the DC Extended Universe pop up in the HBO Max series. Agee focused on how "crazy" it was to film the quick Peacemaker finale scene, admitting that he had a difficult time not telling his friends about it. Holland, for her part, focused on how "cool" it was to have the two DC worlds cross over and what it meant for Peacemaker as a whole. “There’s a place for all of us in this world,” she said in part. 

Agee: “It was exciting. I am a big Justice League fan. I like those characters. I like the look of the characters. I like the dramatic feel for those movies. I was a fan of [Zack] Snyder’s Justice League. It was so crazy to shoot it. I mean, that’s all real. They were standing there. We had Superman on a wire. There was a person hanging there. That wasn’t digitally put in there. We had people, same sizes and the same suits. And seeing them silhouetted like that was really amazing for me, as a fan of those movies, to see that. It was awesome. It was so awesome. It was really hard not to talk about it and tell my friends.”

Holland: “I love it. I love when the different shows and movies can cross over. I think it’s fun for fans. I know that, before I was in any of these superhero projects and I was just a fan, it was always fun to see Nick Fury show up at the end of the movie you were watching. You’re like, ‘Oh, cool!’ So I thought that it was going to be really fun. You just don’t know how people are going to react to it. But I just hoped that people would see, ‘Oh, cool. There’s a place for all of us in this world.’ We’re a different tone, and we’re a different type of team. Maybe we’re not as superhero as some of the superheroes are, but we’re in the same world, and there’s room for all of us in this world.”

Peacemaker-Justice-League-Cameos-Finale-Harcourt.jpg.1c4c62e6844fe77d2f69685cff1c4972.jpg

On 2/22/2022 at 4:27 AM, Bosco685 said:
  • Doom Patrol
  • Harley Quinn TAS
  • Pennyworth
  • Stargirl
  • Superman & Lois
  • Young Justice

You may want to check them out. Heck, even shows like Lucifer, Gotham and Smallville lasted so long because of loving care for the subjects and their stories.

Yeah, I liked Doom Patrol. Wasn't as big a fan of any of the recent CW properties. I liked Smallville back in the day, but I don't consider it part of the new batch of DC offerings. And of course, DC animation has historically been pretty great. Really it's only the movies I suppose where DC is really dropping the ball.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

• Doom Patrol
  • Harley Quinn TAS
  • Pennyworth
  • Stargirl
  • Superman & Lois
  • Young Justice

You may want to check them out. Heck, even shows like Lucifer, Gotham and Smallville lasted so long because of loving care for the subjects and their stories.

have not seen Pennyworth or S&L... but the others have all been excellent!

On 2/5/2022 at 7:18 AM, Bosco685 said:

Amazing what a shift in opinion of this show compared to the earlier responses in this thread.

:applause:

On 2/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, spideyfan68 said:

I really didn't enjoy Suicide Squad but Peacemaker has totally restored my faith in James Gunn. Peacemaker has it all! 

Agreed.  I was going to totally avoid this show but after a lot of positive feedback I checked it out and man it was great!

On 2/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, gadzukes said:
On 2/22/2022 at 7:44 AM, Bosco685 said:

Expand  

WELL DESERVED.  WIG WAM RULES :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Not to mention that if Wig Wam wasn't #1, the highest selling song would be a remake of a 1967 Frankie Valli hit.

I've always hated when an artist gets to claim a "#1 hit" when they just remake someone else's old hit.

Except for maybe Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" (which was a Dolly Parton hit before that), celebrating remake "successes" is like being gold miner in a jewelry store.  You didn't do squat. :preach:

Edited by valiantman

DC is betting big on James Gunn by wooing him onto several projects currently in the works. We already know that Gunn is bringing another season of Peacemaker to HBO Max and that he could have another Suicide Squad spinoff in the works. He’s also back at Marvel to helm Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but does he have another DC project in the pipeline? According to Gunn, that’s exactly the case.

While appearing on Neil Vagg’s podcast to promote Peacemaker‘s UK debut, Gunn referenced another project he has in development at DC. Before Gunn dropped this intriguing tidbit, he spoke about the season finale of Peacemaker, along with the anti-hero’s relationship with Emilia Harcourt (Jennifer Holland) and Robert Patrick‘s villainous Auggie Smith. “I know where it goes emotionally and we’re figuring out the plot stuff,” Gunn said about approaching the second season of the show.

“Frankly, I’m working on another DC thing, and maybe another one. So we’ve got a couple of different things we’re trying to balance with the story.”

That would have been fun for the actors. (thumbsu

DCU should give Gunn a shot at Superman next. They need to revive that franchise, and he may be the one to pull it off.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, kimik said:

That would have been fun for the actors. (thumbsu

DCU should give Gunn a shot at Superman next. They need to revive that franchise, and he may be the one to pull it off.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD: What was WB thinking giving Gunn all that freedom?

PEACEMAKER: Oh my! Give him whatever he wants!.

:roflmao:

:baiting:

Great show - great opening - Season 2 please.

Oh and Harcourt is an absolute fox