• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

267 posts in this topic

Just finished episode 8....GREAT show!!

I admittedly don't want a lot of DC, like the rest of the world, because it always comes across as one notch too far in to cheesy and the connection across TV/Film and Film/Film is such a cluster-$%#@....BUT, this one was great!!!

Edited by AGGIEZ

Anyone else think it was weird when they were looking for the helmet (which is about 1 foot thick) in the woods they were kicking little 4" piles of leaves around.  Hey director..... have your prop people stack the leaves higher :idea:.  Of course the woods looked so groomed that I figured the helmet would be just sitting out in the open.

Edited by gadzukes

After season 1 delivered the goods beyond all expectations, Peacemaker will unsurprisingly get a second season at HBO Max. And Warner Media has revealed that Gunn himself will take on an even bigger role in season 2, not only writing all the episodes but also directing each of them. The actual episode count for season 2 has however not yet been revealed.

In a statement Gunn said, “Creating Peacemaker has been one of the true highlights of my life, both professionally and otherwise, with John Cena and the incredible creative team around me, as well as our partners at HBO Max." He added, “To have something we all love so much be loved by the audience in turn has been a wonderful experience. I can’t wait for folks to see where Team Peacemaker goes in Season Two!”

Cena sat down with Fandom after the Peacemaker finale and reacted to the Justice League cameos. He spoke at length about them, first mentioning that they were important to include because Peacemaker is jealous of them all, and so he jokes about them in horrible ways. However, from a real life perspective, the cameos were significant because they gave Peacemaker the show some major credibility within the rest of the DCEU. Cena was especially grateful that Momoa and Miller participated, saying:

“I’m forever grateful [to Momoa and Miller], because they did us a huge solid by doing that. And they were able to put themselves in the limelight and get everybody talking, but they do so in a way where the joke’s not on them. And they did it for the good of our show. Whether that was their intention or not, it really, really, really, really helped us, especially after eight episodes of people being excited about the show, to put a stamp on it. It lets everybody know that there’s a new player in the DC Universe and that this is what’s going on. ‘These folks are now on an equal playing field, wow!’ That’s my takeaway from that. I think that was a very important moment for us. And of course, it gives everybody a whole lot of stuff to talk about and James Gunn is really good about making people talk about stuff! So mission accomplished in that regard.”

On 2/22/2022 at 12:29 AM, Kripsys99 said:

This show far exceeded my expectations. James Gunn was a huge get for DC. If only they could execute the rest of their IP as lovingly and competently as Gunn has Peacemaker...

• Doom Patrol
  • Harley Quinn TAS
  • Pennyworth
  • Stargirl
  • Superman & Lois
  • Young Justice

You may want to check them out. Heck, even shows like Lucifer, Gotham and Smallville lasted so long because of loving care for the subjects and their stories.