• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

267 posts in this topic

Ahead of Peacemaker‘s Season 1 finale tomorrow, HBO and HBO Max’s Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys hinted that a second season of James Gunn’s Suicide Squad spinoff series is in the offing.

“I’m feeling good so stay tuned. The show has been doing great,” Bloys told Deadline during an interview tied to HBO and HBO Max’s TCA presentation. “Looking good.”

Bloys’ comments echoed the optimism shared by Gunn in an interview with Deadline’s Hero Nation last month. “There’s a really good chance of” of a Season 2 renewal, he said. “We’re the biggest show in the world right now.”

In the interview, Gunn also revealed that there’s another Suicide Squad spinoff series in the works. “We’re working on something else now, another TV show that’s connected to that universe,” he told Deadline. “I can’t quite say.”

On 2/17/2022 at 4:38 AM, Bosco685 said:

HOLY SHYTE! Surprise team appearance near the end.

^^

Though Peacemaker tells them what he thinks of their arrival.

:roflmao:

Welp, my post was somehow nuked after all of that typing...

I guess I'll just say, it's f^&*ing awesome, even though I didn't watch the series. Do not read this spoiler unless you've seen E8:

Spoiler

No Batfleck and Cyborg kinda 'makes sense', but why no Manhunter? Is it because ZSJL "isn't canon"? Isn't he in The Flash? Does anyone know what's going on?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 2/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Welp, my post was somehow nuked after all of that typing...

I guess I'll just say, it's f^&*ing awesome, even though I didn't watch the series. Do not read this spoiler unless you've seen E8:

Reveal hidden contents

No Batfleck and Cyborg kinda 'makes sense', but why no Manhunter? Is it because ZSJL "isn't canon"? Isn't he in The Flash? Does anyone know what's going on?

Toby Emmerich has very hard feelings towards certain cast members. So...

Spoiler

Peacemaker_JLA.thumb.jpg.0456267978bd518661bf151388438b45.jpg

We at least got this.

:banana:

On 2/17/2022 at 7:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

Toby Emmerich has very hard feelings towards certain cast members. So...

Reveal hidden contents

Peacemaker_JLA.thumb.jpg.0456267978bd518661bf151388438b45.jpg

We at least got this.

:banana:

Spoiler

The cameo itself is surprising, but the characters are not so much other than Superman. They keep teasing us with who is clearly Cavill's Superman, but not yet cameo'd by Cavill. lol

While details for Peacemaker season 2 likely won't emerge until later this year, Smallville's Rosenbaum is already wanting to join the show's cast. Best known as the actor to have played Lex Luthor the longest, Rosenbaum congratulated Gunn, who is a good friend of his, on Twitter for getting the Peacemaker season 2 renewal. In the process, he expresses big interest in starring in the HBO Max series. 

On 2/17/2022 at 8:09 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
  Hide contents

The cameo itself is surprising, but the characters are not so much other than Superman. They keep teasing us with who is clearly Cavill's Superman, but not yet cameo'd by Cavill. lol

He was filming Enola Holmes 2 at the time that shot this.  Maybe (hopefully) that is the reason? 

On 2/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, eastriver31400 said:

He was filming Enola Holmes 2 at the time that shot this.  Maybe (hopefully) that is the reason? 

Spoiler

His contract with WB expired once he agreed to a meeting with Marvel Studios, and I gather that he is not interested in unpaid cameos. Part of the reason that he did not show up for the Shazam cameo is because, IIRC, WB was not offering enough for a Superman cameo (in Cavill's opinion).

So, as of right now, Cavill does not have any obligations with WB/DC. Most people would agree that the current situation sucks.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, eastriver31400 said:

So James Gunn stated that he cannot say why Cyborg and Batman weren't included but it MAY have something to do with an upcoming project....hmmmm. 

I hate rumors like these because my mind immediately went to something that I doubt will ever happen...

Edit: Nvm, it's probably just The Flash movie. Resets the universe so that Batfleck and Cyborg do not exist.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 2/17/2022 at 11:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I hate rumors like these because my mind immediately went to something that I doubt will ever happen...

Edit: Nvm, it's probably just The Flash movie. Resets the universe so that Batfleck and Cyborg do not exist.

After seeing the JL in Peacemaker not sure how much they will erase anymore.  Who knows. Im confused. However I am loving what i am seeing so far.   

Edited by eastriver31400