• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

267 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 11:45 PM, thunsicker said:

So I’m starting to get nervous that they are starting to go down the redemption path here.  I really want them to keep Peacemaker a jerk and Vigilante a psychopath.

‘I don’t think Peacemaker or Vigilante are redeemable.  We are just seeing his unlikely bond with Waller’s daughter (Adebayo) develop. 

i also have a gut feeling that Adebayo’s girlfriend will end up being the villian somehow……. but then again I am still hoping Mr. Mind is behind the butterflies. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, eastriver31400 said:

i also have a gut feeling that Adebayo’s girlfriend will end up being the villian somehow……. but then again I am still hoping Mr. Mind is behind the butterflies. 

I was wondering if she would have more of a role...she's front and center in the beginning in the Dance sequence.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:16 AM, gadzukes said:
On 1/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, skypinkblu said:

I was wondering if she would have more of a role...she's front and center in the beginning in the Dance sequence.

YES!.... that's a little suspicious for a super tiny role.

Then again the janitor from the hospital who appeared in a single scene is in the dance sequence.  

On 1/29/2022 at 12:03 AM, thunsicker said:

Then again the janitor from the hospital who appeared in a single scene is in the dance sequence.  

Aha! Maybe another sign...or he likes to dance....or they were filming when he was standing there lol

I found this interview talking about the opening credits.

If you're like me, thru 5 episodes I still haven't fast forwarded thru the opening credits cuz I LOVE them.  James Gunn actually said he was looking for a way to "...vanquish the skip forward button..." so that all the great people who worked on the show would get the credit they're due.

Gunn also hints that the Opening credits comes across differently in Episode 1 as opposed to Episode 7 so that tells me that perhaps Adebayo's GF or the Janitor DO have bigger roles.  

Gunn ALSO talks about how he decided to not release episode 8 early to the critics cuz the spoilers are so huge.  

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this show.

Edited by gadzukes

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, gadzukes said:

Who could have seen the direction Gunn was going to take Vigilante?  

I love it.

I really am impressed the level of action and comedy he has brought to this show that was less of a negative experience compared to The Suicide Squad.

I think what bothered me with the movie is all the main characters that were killed off like something out of Thor: Ragnarok to proclaim "hey - give me a giggle and scream!"

They missed out on a great gag this episode....

Spoiler

When the aliens were taking over all the humans... going in thru their mouths, they should have cut to one ripping open someones pants from behind and then cut to their facial expression as the alien entered their body.

A few episodes ago when they showed the "powerpoint" of this I was sure it was a set-up for a later gag.

Did anyone else notice..... 

Spoiler

The little girl in the classroom who said Peacemaker might be her father.... She sure looked like Scott Lang's daughter in "Antman & the Wasp".  Was that her? I don't see her in the credits, and it's really no big deal, but I think it's her.

Edited by gadzukes