• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PEACEMAKER show (2022)
2 2

267 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, kimik said:

That would have been fun for the actors. (thumbsu

DCU should give Gunn a shot at Superman next. They need to revive that franchise, and he may be the one to pull it off.

Ha! Oh man. That would cause an actual civil war among the DC fandom. 

On 7/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, gadzukes said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't even own a DVD/BluRay player anymore since the advent of Streaming everything.

Not surprised at all! The more that content becomes associated with a given streaming service, the less people need hard media.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, gadzukes said:

Start hoarding your DVDs..... they're going to be collectable soon

There are some blurays and DVDs now considered so rare, they go for $50 (+).

Go on Ebay and look up Dogma bluray or Nightbreed DVD Theatrical Cut.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

There are some blurays and DVDs now considered so rare, they go for $50 (+).

Go on Ebay and look up Dogma bluray or Nightbreed DVD Theatrical Cut.

Yeah.... it makes sense.  Every other collectible is blowing up.

Back in the day (25 years ago?) when VHF Video stores were going out of business, I bought out my local (small town) video store.  They let me have everything for $1 each.  I figured I could make $2-$3 each on ebay.  They had about 500 videos left in the store.  

I remember I got about $75 for a "Spinal Tap" Video, $75 for a "Fame" video, $75 for a Bette Midler movie called "Babe".  And I did well on some SciFi videos ($10 - $20 each).  That was fun.  Ebay was brand new at the time and those sales helped me figure it out.

And all my profits I put into comic books, which if you remember..... ebay comics was in the wild west phase of "No protection" on fraud, but on the other side you could get the most amazing deals.

Edited by gadzukes

The Complete Peacemaker: New Expanded Edition TPB

“This is another chapter in the career of Christopher Smith, peace envoy and diplomat...a man whose entire life is dedicated to the elimination of war between men! A man who willingly risks his life to banish the use of violence...A master of the weapons he pleads with the world to lay down! Christopher Smith, whose alter ego is THE PEACEMAKER!”

We have all five issues of this short-lived 1960s action comics – you can get them individually or all together in THE COMPLETE PEACEMAKER! This volume includes his two earliest appearances, from FIGHTIN' 5!

Anyone ever get the chance to read this collection?

On 8/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

The Complete Peacemaker: New Expanded Edition TPB

Anyone ever get the chance to read this collection?

Never read the collection, but I did read the first 2 installments from Charlton's Fightin' Five before selling them in the run-up to the HBO Max series.  The Charlton stories are nothing like the show or the 1980s DC Comic (which was itself filtered through Alan Moore's re-interpretation of the character as the Comedian). 

As originally conceived, the Peacemaker's secret identity is an overseas diplomat.  Whenever he gets stymied in his day job, he then puts on the Peacemaker costume and jet-pack, and resolves the issue in a non-diplomatic way.  But never over-the-top or satirical-- it is played completely straight.  The closest they get is the semi-ironic tagline: He "loves Peace... so much so, he is willing to Fight for it!!"

peacemaker.jpg.1a1ec00ae1d523ed1682e820d25970b6.jpg

On 8/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

885689991_Screenshot_20220803-1931562.thumb.png.0d71933791ffb84d7f7ea3503b2936bc.png

Good to hear.  Peacemaker has been a breath of fresh air in a time of over-saturated superhero shows/films.  It’s hard to find something original enough to break through the mold, and Peacemaker has been probably the best original concept from DC that separates itself from even most of the Marvel stuff of late.  

On 8/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, CrocHntr said:

Good to hear.  Peacemaker has been a breath of fresh air in a time of over-saturated superhero shows/films.  It’s hard to find something original enough to break through the mold, and Peacemaker has been probably the best original concept from DC that separates itself from even most of the Marvel stuff of late.  

You are not kidding.

After the reaction to The Suicide Squad, and then the proclamations this would be more of the same, it is so great to see a character show stand on its own two legs and win out so strongly.

intro-dance.gif.c89e95b1b54668e78474b14aeaf5b8d5.gif