• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

727 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2024 at 5:20 AM, Parabellum said:

Comically Speaking in Reading.

Cool!  North Shore?  If you go back, try Outer Limits in Waltham on Moody St.  (thumbsu

On 3/27/2024 at 8:25 AM, pmpknface said:

Cool!  North Shore?  If you go back, try Outer Limits in Waltham on Moody St.  (thumbsu

Yes sir!  My brother used to frequent outer limits when he lived on Moody St.  great shop!  I’ve been there a handful of times. Webhrad comics in Wakefield was a decent shop.  Too bad they closed down a few years ago.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:39 PM, pmpknface said:

Just posted one in the ASM #238 / Hobgoblin thread, but this one doesn't have him so I'll drop it here.  This anniversary issue has Spidey saying hello!  It wasn't too much and I plan on getting all of the ones around it, so why not.  It would have bugged me NOT to have it.  

GetImage.aspx?c=5982053&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

:hi:

Screenshot_20240403-120330.png

On 4/6/2024 at 9:42 AM, Jayman said:

Fred Hembeck Destroys the MU.jpg

FF Roast.jpg

Cool.  I'm going through my MTU issues now and found one that had a letter from a Mr. Fred Hembeck!  ;)  I think it was in the 40-50's, didn't note which issue...  

OK.... so I had mentioned that I was going to post another book (took me a minute to get it released to put into my registry set) but I wasn't 100% sure where to post it and if the above ASM #222 was in the right forum.  I also posted #222 in the bronze forum and it seemed to get an ok.  In the end (argue with me if you like, I'm open to ideas!) I decided that the line between ASM bronze and copper was #229.  That issue starts the Roger Stern era, who did the Black Cat story a few issues prior to that, but then goes on a run for a few years.  Also the Spidey logo in the upper right changes.  It's not a big thing, but it helped me make a decision.  

In any case, here's another pickup, #235:

GetImage.aspx?c=5993324&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

On 4/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, pmpknface said:

OK.... so I had mentioned that I was going to post another book (took me a minute to get it released to put into my registry set) but I wasn't 100% sure where to post it and if the above ASM #222 was in the right forum.  I also posted #222 in the bronze forum and it seemed to get an ok.  In the end (argue with me if you like, I'm open to ideas!) I decided that the line between ASM bronze and copper was #229.  That issue starts the Roger Stern era, who did the Black Cat story a few issues prior to that, but then goes on a run for a few years.  Also the Spidey logo in the upper right changes.  It's not a big thing, but it helped me make a decision.  

In any case, here's another pickup, #235:

GetImage.aspx?c=5993324&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

IMO Copper Spidey begins with ASM 252. 

On 4/15/2024 at 4:01 PM, grendelbo said:

IMO Copper Spidey begins with ASM 252. 

That's fair.  I just think because the Hobgoblin story was going on since #238 and ran through #289 that his 1st app may be a well-known # to go off of, and #252 was in the middle of that.  #229 was 6/82, and #252 was 5/84 if it sways opinions.