• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I really wish WB Studios had received a swift kick in the pants and been told to break this up. It would have made for a fun experience to drive week-over-week discussions.

And knowing that trailer from the previous week was the intro credits, shame on WB for not supporting Snyder's vision for an HBO Max show release. He had everything lined up to support this.

I personally did/do not want a series. It was intended to be a film, and that's how I prefer to digest it.

TBH I would've been pretty pissed had they released it over 4 weeks, too.

11 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I personally did/do not want a series. It was intended to be a film, and that's how I prefer to digest it.

I think it would have been fun to spread it out. Plus, more time to reflect on all the details shown week-over-week.

But no matter what, we are getting Zack Snyder's Justice League. That's the most important accomplishment.

I don't mind the title cards, the whole thing feels like something different to what we normally get from a film like this. And it's just adding to the hype!

If it had released over 4 episodes I would of been just as excited about it although I reckon the first hour would of flown by so quick that I would of changed my mind and wanted it all immediately :grin:

23 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

DARKSEID: "I Will come for my great prize!" :banana: :ohnoez::banana::ohnoez:

Justice League Trailer Reveals Darkseid Voice

Speaking in a previous interview, Ray Porter described the lengthy work that went into creating the voice of this version of Darkseid from Snyder's Justice League:

"I went through a few different vocal gymnastics trying to figure out the voice. I will admit I didn’t know the character incredibly well right up to the point of being cast," Porter told LightCast Podcast. "It was never something I was incredibly aware of…so I didn’t know all of the canon. Fortunately, I happened to be on a set with people like Zack and Chris [Terrio]…I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who understands all of the weird concatenations of that canon better than those people. So there was always that steady information."

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I agree. I don 't mind breaking it up into two parts. But seriously, we have a pretty decent idea what happens, we know the bad guy (even if he is really a proxy for an even badder bad guy), we know the basic premise, we know he loses. What's the point of stretching it out too long? Snyder is there to fix some of the problems, add some more context, etc. Flash and Cyborg, for example, got virtually no character development. neither did aquaman, but i think i saw aquaman before eventually seeing JL on tv, so I was ok, but for folks who saw JL in the movies they had 3 brand new characters just dumped on them. marvel did avengers and virtually every character had already been introduced in prior movies, although Hawkeye and Black Widow were more cameos in those other movies. and yes, sometimes a character dump happens and it works out ok. x-men 1 was fine. of course, if I wasn't a fan of the x-men already, it might have been bewildering. my born in 1924 father liked it, but you also had some "mature" actors in lead roles he could identify with.

Just now, the blob said:

so is ray fisher a happy camper now that he's in the version of the movie where he has more than 6 lines?

He's stated a number of time recently all Zack has to do is telling him there is a film he wants him in and Fisher will be there trusting in his director.

That's very telling.

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

He's stated a number of time recently all Zack has to do is telling him there is a film he wants him in and Fisher will be there trusting in his director.

That's very telling.

maybe whedon felt enormous pressure taking over this $300 million project and it brought out his inner a-whole that he had been been suppressing since the 90s? seems like the main complaints about him have been at the bookends of his career. although my friend in the business says he had this reputation all along. i can't say i haven't found his projects entertaining, although I have 6 episodes left in SHIELD and they have kind of jumped the shark. I'm still watching to see what outfits and hair styles Daisy has on next.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

maybe whedon felt enormous pressure taking over this $300 million project and it brought out his inner a-whole that he had been been suppressing since the 90s? seems like the main complaints about him have been at the bookends of his career. although my friend in the business says he had this reputation all along. i can't say i haven't found his projects entertaining, although I have 6 episodes left in SHIELD and they have kind of jumped the shark. I'm still watching to see what outfits and hair styles Daisy has on next.

From all that has come out over the weeks that's the most factual thing right there!

He got away with it for a very long time because he made the studios money. So they tolerated his behavior.

22 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Looks like they're gonna have actual title cards. :cry:

ebaaacbaf026d99c555e9ac02ea20f76.jpg

faadae91374e2633eacdaf71be891eca.jpg

0a9e4b56d408f14ddf1e0140b641c2a8.jpg

9c90c6f056fdebedcafe569c1131ec05.jpg

524916517ac52cea7f5aaf2c5bd4f8c7.jpg

95a6e910695dc5c4514a9beb9753afd9.jpg

Lame, but whatever. Tarantino gets away with it because his films are episodic by design. That’s why Hateful 8 was perfect as four parts on Netflix when the extended version premiered.

Does anyone know if the virtual premiere on 13/08 is meant to include any critics/reviewers? I haven't seen if there is any kind of review embargo on the film prior to the 18th.

I'm not fussed for reading too much before I see it for myself but it'll be interesting to see what the general reactions are like when it doesn't come from any of the existing fan base.

35 minutes ago, RickSp said:

Does anyone know if the virtual premiere on 13/08 is meant to include any critics/reviewers? I haven't seen if there is any kind of review embargo on the film prior to the 18th.

I'm not fussed for reading too much before I see it for myself but it'll be interesting to see what the general reactions are like when it doesn't come from any of the existing fan base.

It is both, and unfortunately WB Studios invited more than a few folks that in the past have bashed Zack Snyder productions.

I'm counting on when the embargo lifts on 3/15 their pre-written reviews even before their screening will be released. It's in their DNA.

zacksnyderhate01.png.cf337b6939fcbea1141fe5986c3cbafc.png