• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Some of the RT reviews seem valid. They simply don't like what Snyder was going for. However, about half of them just seem pissy about the fact that this even exists.

Differing views are okay.

When they bake bias into the narrative, it jumps right out as historic hate of Snyder.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Differing views are okay.

When they bake bias into the narrative, it jumps right out as historic hate of Snyder.

And the negative comments about the run time is just lame. Don’t watch it in the theater if your bladder or attention span can’t handle it. I love long epics (at home) and this one will be savored.

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm honestly surprised at how positive this is being reviewed by "critics". I'm very interested to see what audience scores look like after this weekend.

Obviously, I'm more interested in seeing it all myself. :bigsmile:

There are some rabid Snyder haters that will chime in with their reviews soon. 

Check this one out.

So let's focus on how the two films are alike: Each, at the time of its release, could reasonably be called the most needlessly solemn, chore-like and joyless feature ever made about superheroes.

But the movie's soul, such as it is, remains unimproved, and at 242 minutes, very few of them offering much pleasure, it's nearly unendurable as a single-sitting experience. If it were watched in parts — title cards identify six chapters and an epilogue, and some rumors suggested it would be released as a series — those segments would fail to deliver the shapely balance of energies and pacing that one expects these days from even a merely competent TV show.

Whedon did extensive reshoots, trying to nudge things toward his lighter, bantery comfort zone. In the end, adding honey to battery acid pleased no one. Most of us shrugged, wished we'd spent Thanksgiving doing something less soul-killing, and got on with our lives. Perhaps we were relieved to know we'd never see this ill-matched cast of actors together again. But the Snyderheads, convinced that a magnificent "Snyder Cut" was being denied them, made noise.

So much 'HOW DARE YOU FORCE ME TO SEE THIS AGAIN'. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So first thing in the morning on 3/18 PST (3 AM EST) the film will be available

Perfect, that’s 10:30 in the morning for me when it drops. I’ll have my one sentence review up before you CONUS chumps wake up. I told myself I would only watch 45 minutes to an hour each night but we’ll see.