• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

488 posts in this topic

The newer packs have the orange Walmart sticker on them. The High Republic 3 pack is from the prior batch.

The high ratio variants are only in the newest packs (w/ orange sticker).

If you dont care about the books you get and are just looking for the thrill of unpacking, have at it.

If you are looking for variants - look for an all white spine or a white spine with black tick marks. There are other variants with different colors but I am not sure how to identify these.

The all-white variants could include : Xmen 1:5 titles (storm, kitty pryde, colossus, etc.), black knight momoko virgin, etc.

The white with black markings could include : ASM 55 1:50 Gleason, 1:100 Moon Knight 200, 1:1000 Hulk. MATCH tTHE MARKINGS WITH THE PIC SCANS ON THIS FORUM OR ELSEWHERE !

The white with a uniformly spaced grid-like markings would be the 'design variants'.

Also, a purple spine with yellow splotches along it is the 1:200 Eternals 1 Kirby Crackle variant.

The above are some indicators that could help you identify some of the variants (no guarantees !!) without tearing the wrapping. Many packs have books of no value (except for the reading fun of course !).

You can then return the unopened packs to Walmart for a refund.

Good luck !

Edited by DocCRR

On 8/9/2021 at 7:01 PM, fastballspecial said:

It will be alright. The $5 and Below store UF4 Variants didnt affect prices that much.

But it does completely puncture the idea that many of these books indeed have limited
print runs. 

What's the story about 5 and Below and UF4?  I don't believe I heard about it

On 8/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Wolverinex said:

What's the story about 5 and Below and UF4?  I don't believe I heard about it

they had oodles and oodles of them, the UF4 variants. boardies were scoring left and right and one boardie got many 9.8s out of the 5 and Below packs.

Went to my 2 local Walmarts(I live in backwoods) that usually has these untouched. Completely gone. Not a one. There was 20-30 of these just 10 days ago when I was there. I had bought like 8 packs myself but none look like they have anything good.

V.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Also, just realized ya'll were talking about the UF4 ones..Never had a single one. Probably a regional situation since I had so many Silks lol 

(Times still wild/women still lost it)

who knows what I was talking about! 

On 8/24/2021 at 4:40 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Unfortunately I never got a photo with them all together as they were going to slab town as fast as I could get them. This was the most I found in one day though. Probably had another 2-3 days where I found 6-7 each time in addition to these. 

silk.jpg

Which variant is that?