• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

488 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2021 at 8:19 PM, ectocooler said:

💯 I stumbled on these at the self checkout while getting some groceries. I stopped collecting modern Marvel books about 10 years ago so it’s not about collecting or $, it’s all about chasing that dopamine. Like the comic book equivalent of those blind box toys. The toys always suck but there’s an allure to the mystery of what’s inside. At least comics are cool (mostly).

I hit up a few more walmarts after that but they were all cleared out. My brother hit one out by him and someone stole the variant books which is nonsense.

How do you find these in your store anyway ? are they just buy the self checkout lines?

On 8/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, Wolverinex said:

How do you find these in your store anyway ? are they just buy the self checkout lines?

yeah they’re on the check out aisle that has pokemon and baseball cards. Usually just one box of them and one or two DC boxes. Not all walmart’s have them though 😕

On 8/18/2021 at 5:45 PM, BrooksR said:

yeah they’re on the check out aisle that has pokemon and baseball cards. Usually just one box of them and one or two DC boxes. Not all walmart’s have them though 😕

Interesting, yeah it seems like it's hit or miss.

Edited by Wolverinex

On 8/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, awakeintheashes said:

2938EF4E-FF73-4566-81ED-B3D3F312973A.thumb.jpeg.d9e9f2073d11dc43ab3cde18b6910dcb.jpegThese were my pulls today. Anybody know the story behind the apocalypse & The X-Tracts? No eBay listings or sales that I can find. Quick search says it’s a secret variant. 

This is from the old packs right ?  Because I saw a High Republic 3 with  the white sticker.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, Wolverinex said:

This is from the old packs right ?  Because I saw a High Republic 3 with  the white sticker.

Yeah, I think so. I was visiting my in-laws who live in a town where the interest in these packs is nonexistent, so there were a ton of packs 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, Juggernaut said:

These new packs with high ratio incentives have not reached in Canada yet after visiting and speaking with several Walmarts.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:27 AM, RadioGuy said:

Has anyone seen these packs in Canada yet?

Have these new packs already hit most of the USA?  Seems like my walmart only has the old packs still unless someone bought out every new one. 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:27 PM, Wolverinex said:

Have these new packs already hit most of the USA?  Seems like my walmart only has the old packs still unless someone bought out every new one. 

I have been checking but no new packs in my area yet.  I hope they will be in Canada soon.  The last batch I bought the whole box at 3 different Walmarts so there is an incentive to restock. 

On 8/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, Wolverinex said:

I can tell you my experience of hitting a few stores - these new restocks were picked through even at stores that had older packs sitting. So at least around here, it seemed like people knew what was up and were hunting these, even at the store where I previously got the packs with Venom 25 and Strange Academy 1 that were left sitting in the past…

On 8/17/2021 at 8:42 PM, ectocooler said:

Haha yeah I’ve been reading them and tossing them in the recycling. Increase the value of everyone else’s by a small amount.  And yeah I listed mine too but I’ve been debating taking it down and sending it in to be graded and possibly keeping/displaying it. It is a really cool cover and I’ve always liked Moon Knight. Good luck with the sale

I might actually do the same - if mine doesn’t sell in the next day or two I might pull it and submit it. It’s really clean and being in the back of the pack I think it has a really legit shot at a 9.8, and it is a really sweet cover. Good luck to you too!

On 8/18/2021 at 11:22 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I can tell you my experience of hitting a few stores - these new restocks were picked through even at stores that had older packs sitting. So at least around here, it seemed like people knew what was up and were hunting these, even at the store where I previously got the packs with Venom 25 and Strange Academy 1 that were left sitting in the past…

Hmm so you think this has already rolled out to all the stores and likely someone already bought out the stock? Any way i can know for sure? 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:10 AM, Wolverinex said:

Hmm so you think this has already rolled out to all the stores and likely someone already bought out the stock? Any way i can know for sure? 

I'm not sure if there is a sure way to know without going back and checking now and again. This may have been brought up before, but these seem to be stocked by a third-party vendor and not by Walmart itself, so somebody from this company comes in periodically and puts new packs on the shelves. So I don't know if Walmart employees would be able to tell if they had been sold out.

I also wonder if Marvel or the distributor told them to stop stocking any more packs until they get this sorted, given the amount of publicity it's getting from some of the artists who were upset that their exclusives were showing up. That's pure speculation on my part, although I could easily see it happening.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/19/2021 at 8:30 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm not sure if there is a sure way to know without going back and checking now and again. This may have been brought up before, but these seem to be stocked by a third-party vendor and not by Walmart itself, so somebody from this company comes in periodically and puts new packs on the shelves. So I don't know if Walmart employees would be able to tell if they had been sold out.

I also wonder if Marvel or the distributor told them to stop stocking any more packs until they get this sorted, given the amount of publicity it's getting from some of the artists who were upset that their exclusives were showing up. That's pure speculation on my part, although I could easily see it happening.

In my area Wal-Mart the employees are the ones stocking the shelves with these.  I know because as he stocked them I took the whole box.  He didn't have a chance to put them on the shelf.  😂

On 8/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, Wolverinex said:

Nice pick up. Love the lenticulars.  Are any of those valuable like the new batch?  

I wish I could answer that. Comic values aren't something that I look into too much. If I had to make a guess, it would be that they are worth less than their cover prices.

I bought them hoping that whoever ends up with my collection in the future will use them as fuel for a debate about Walmart variants that rivals the shouting about Whitman variants.

On 8/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, Jemin said:

In my area Wal-Mart the employees are the ones stocking the shelves with these.  I know because as he stocked them I took the whole box.  He didn't have a chance to put them on the shelf.  😂

Have all of your Walmart's in your area already stocked these? Or are there some that have not?

On 8/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Wolverinex said:

Have all of your Walmart's in your area already stocked these? Or are there some that have not?

We have 2 locally and 1 about 15 miles away.  I have only seen them at one locally. Haven't been to the others for about 2 weeks.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:54 AM, jas1vans said:

I wish I could answer that. Comic values aren't something that I look into too much. If I had to make a guess, it would be that they are worth less than their cover prices.

I bought them hoping that whoever ends up with my collection in the future will use them as fuel for a debate about Walmart variants that rivals the shouting about Whitman variants.

I can only imagine or think, that at this point, making a "cgc submission order" at this point must be a pain to have the "unknowns" marked as Walmart Edition on the label? or to even fill out the submission order correctly on our end :shy: 

Sometimes, the work isn't worth the effort, unless they're just left raw in a box idk, I have enough problems getting correct labels lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM