• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, Lord Gemini said:

There’s that elitism I love in Star Wars fans. :eyeroll: I like the “Disneyfied garbage” just fine and I’ve been a Star Wars for decades.

I agree. Been a fan for 40+ years now. Could care less about those types of criticisms and most fans feel the same.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, 500Club said:

I take it that it IS her, drawn with plausible deniability.

lol 

Full disclosure, I have an obscene amount of this issue, so if people are buying because of it...then I'm not going to complain. But, I did want to add a bit of buyer beware in case that is the only reason they are buying this book. 

I'm in on it because of Deathstick, and with how much she's been used recently, I keep buying any cheap copies I can find.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:10 PM, Lord Gemini said:

There’s that elitism I love in Star Wars fans. :eyeroll: I like the “Disneyfied garbage” just fine and I’ve been a Star Wars for decades.

OG fan here… I saw the original film 14 times in the theatre in 1977, and I also like Disneyfied garbage just fine. :cheers:

On 2/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Brock said:

OG fan here… I saw the original film 14 times in the theatre in 1977, and I also like Disneyfied garbage just fine. :cheers:

Now for those who think I give everything a pass, I do have my criticisms. I just tend to look for the good in stuff, focus on that, and try to maintain a sense of fun about it. The same goes for comics and anything regarding entertainment really.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, awakeintheashes said:

lol 

Full disclosure, I have an obscene amount of this issue, so if people are buying because of it...then I'm not going to complain. But, I did want to add a bit of buyer beware in case that is the only reason they are buying this book. 

I'm in on it because of Deathstick, and with how much she's been used recently, I keep buying any cheap copies I can find.

Same!  Go team Deathstick!  (And Deva Lompop!)

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 2/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Now for those who think I give everything a pass, I do have my criticisms. I just tend to look for the good in stuff, focus on that, and try to maintain a sense of fun about it. The same goes for comics and anything regarding entertainment really.

(thumbsu  :cheers:

On 2/6/2022 at 12:29 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Same!  Go team Deathstick!  (And Deva Lompop!)

Although… thinking about it more… I’m more “bullish” towards Deva Lompop.

Bounty Hunter to rival Boba Fett, along with a brief history.  Used extensively in the Bounty Hunter series.  A new species of alien.  A long life span, she has a history in the High Republic era and with the Nihil- a lot of breadth… the writers have commented on her being used in the High Republic as well. Cool appearance that’s easily cos-playable. And a really nice 1:25 variant for the first appearance with her smack dab on the cover.

As a reader I’m intrigued by her background and story more.  Granted I have always had a soft spot for ninjas, and definitely think Deathstick is cool as well.  It seems that they’ve only used Deathstick as an instrument for the Crimson Dawn, a “kill button.”  I’m looking forward to them exploring her character more.

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 2/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Although… thinking about it more… I’m more “bullish” towards Deva Lompop.

Bounty Hunter to rival Boba Fett, along with a brief history.  Used extensively in the Bounty Hunter series.  A new species of alien.  A long life span, she has a history in the High Republic era and with the Nihil- a lot of breadth… the writers have commented on her being used in the High Republic as well. Cool appearance that’s easily cos-playable. And a really nice 1:25 variant for the first appearance with her smack dab on the cover.

As a reader I’m intrigued by her background and story more.  Granted I have always had a soft spot for ninjas, and definitely think Deathstick is cool as well.  It seems that they’ve only used Deathstick as an instrument for the Crimson Dawn, a “kill button.”  I’m looking forward to them exploring her character more.

I agree as well. She’s another character that is very intriguing and grab Jabba #1s of anytime I see them at cover or below. I liked the backstory of her relationship with Fett and looking forward to finding about more about her role in the High Republic era.

I like the fact that Deathstick is a nightsister and based on some previews I hope we get some more backstory on her past. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

From the desert comes a stranger... What did everyone think of that last episode of #TheBookOfBobaFett? The long-awaited return of the ruthless bounty hunter, Cad Bane, has finally come to fruition, and it didn’t disappoint! To celebrate the live-action debut of the most feared Duros in the galaxy, we’re showcasing this copy of Darth Maul #2 graded CGC 9.6, the first comic book appearance of Cad Bane! Do you have any predictions or hopes for what will go down in the final episode this Wednesday? 

Welp, it must not be THAT notable

Screenshot_20220208-162129_Facebook.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 10:47 PM, followtheleader said:

Ochi was so fun. 
Just wish they had not taken his helmet off.  Took something away from the character. 

Patrick

He was referring to the series before the most recent one. 1st appearance of the Grand Inquisitor. 

Sounds like his character has been cast for the new Obi-Wan show. 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, awakeintheashes said:

He was referring to the series before the most recent one. 1st appearance of the Grand Inquisitor. 

Sounds like his character has been cast for the new Obi-Wan show. 

Ah, thanks for the clarification!  

Patrick

On 2/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, jcjames said:

From the desert comes a stranger... What did everyone think of that last episode of #TheBookOfBobaFett? The long-awaited return of the ruthless bounty hunter, Cad Bane, has finally come to fruition, and it didn’t disappoint! To celebrate the live-action debut of the most feared Duros in the galaxy, we’re showcasing this copy of Darth Maul #2 graded CGC 9.6, the first comic book appearance of Cad Bane! Do you have any predictions or hopes for what will go down in the final episode this Wednesday? 

Welp, it must not be THAT notable

Screenshot_20220208-162129_Facebook.jpg

Spoiler

I'd hate to be the person who picked up one of these(or the 1:25) in the past two weeks.

On 2/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, CheeseFrog said:

And Darth Vader 6 (2017) readies for its ascent to the moon…

Thats a tough book.  All black… picked up a couple copies before EBay melts. 

I'm thinking Kanan #12 will follow suit. It is his first appearance predating Darth vader #6, this was from March 2016. 

dkzmqaqkhvb51.jpg

On 2/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, I like pie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd hate to be the person who picked up one of these(or the 1:25) in the past two weeks.

I don’t think he’s 

Spoiler

Dead

Also, he’s still around in Bad Batch and can appear in Obi-Wan. I own no copies so I’m fine either way, but I don’t think the sky is falling for anyone waiting to sell or get back from CGC

On 2/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t think he’s 

Hide contents

Dead

Also, he’s still around in Bad Batch and can appear in Obi-Wan. I own no copies so I’m fine either way, but I don’t think the sky is falling for anyone waiting to sell or get back from CGC

Spoiler

I'm fairly certain he's dead. There wasn't much gray area there. I agree, it's never going to tank but I don't see it going up anymore. Anytime soon anyway.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, I like pie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm fairly certain he's dead. There wasn't much gray area there. I agree, it's never going to tank but I don't see it going up anymore. Anytime soon anyway.

You may be right, but the blinking on 

Spoiler

His chest meant something 

So there is some grey area. He could take a beating in CW

Edited by awakeintheashes