• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah I had been grabbing a copy a week from my one my shops until they read the last few pages of this thread…at least it seems that way. 

My one LCS had a copy of War of the Bounty Hunters #1 1:25 left, so I picked it up. I did pay an arm and a leg for it, but figure that a 9.8 has been going for $250-300 right now. If Lompop does take off since she goes back to The High Republic era, this is one set of books that can take off.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, captainzombie said:

My one LCS had a copy of War of the Bounty Hunters #1 1:25 left, so I picked it up. I did pay an arm and a leg for it, but figure that a 9.8 has been going for $250-300 right now. If Lompop does take off since she goes back to The High Republic era, this is one set of books that can take off.

Are the WotBH ratios starting to pop? Nice.

Tales of the Jedi animated TV show is confirmed! It was listed (and subsequently pulled) from the Star Wars Celebration online schedule in the end of May. Filoni is due to appear.

For those not aware, he was planning on doing some minor cameos of Ulic and Nomi from the TOTJ comics in Clone Wars, but got cut for whatever reason. Seems likely they'll be in it in some fashion.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:14 AM, kimik said:

Are the WotBH ratios starting to pop? Nice.

WOTBH Jabba the Hutt 1 is seeing a very nice bump, especially the 1:25 ratio since it has Deva Lompop on the cover and its her first appearance. The cover B also got a nice small bump due to her headshot on the cover.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:14 PM, kimik said:

I am surprised that Marvel is not doing higher than a 1:50 ration variant on Mando #1. I guess the number of retailer exclusives makes up for it?

I was thinking the same thing.  There are a good batch of exclusives, but the 1:50 looks like it’s near the top of the bunch.  So purchase it I shall!  

What’s that saying about “a fool and his money,” “departing” or something or other.

Anyhow, I’ll take two! :D 

On 5/22/2022 at 6:48 PM, Tnexus said:

I'll be curious if the Mandalorian holds its value once the show's run ends later this year.

Due to the popularity of the characters, I’d be willing to bet they carry the stories on through comics.

It feels like odds are in Din Djaron’s favor.

I am thinking that DIS has a Mandalorian movie at some point. Might as well cash in on a trilogy on the big screen. Test new IP with D+ and then use the big screen to cash in, then restart the series to keep moving things forward in between films.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:10 PM, kimik said:

Hopefully this is another case of modern market multiple 1st appearances - 1st cover = DV 20, 1st Full = Mando 1, then 1st Grogu cover = DV 20, 1st full Grogu = Mando 1 or 2........

Likely only Grogu’s hand in issue 1…

On 5/24/2022 at 7:10 PM, 500Club said:

Likely only Grogu’s hand in issue 1…

How many hands does it take to count for a first appearance? I think it was four punching panels for Doomsday?