• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes I've been informed to check it out on Disney plus, that I just signed up for this month. Only watched Loki season two thus far, and was wondering where in the world Carmen Sandiego, I mean where to start in the multi verse...  :roflmao:

As good a recommendation as any!

To get the full story on why that show is good and sometimes heartbreaking, I’d recommend watching the Clone Wars series. TBH, it’s probably the best Star Wars storytelling that’s been produced to this point, so it’s highly recommended, regardless. 

On 11/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, awakeintheashes said:
On 11/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes I've been informed to check it out on Disney plus, that I just signed up for this month. Only watched Loki season two thus far, and was wondering where in the world Carmen Sandiego, I mean where to start in the multi verse...  :roflmao:

As good a recommendation as any!

To get the full story on why that show is good and sometimes heartbreaking, I’d recommend watching the Clone Wars series. TBH, it’s probably the best Star Wars storytelling that’s been produced to this point, so it’s highly recommended, regardless. 

TBH I opened up Disney last night to take a gander and found it, but then stumbled upon X-men the Animated series. I own the DVD's but stopped after the Dark Phoenix, so idk priorities and etc. lol 

On 11/29/2023 at 3:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

TBH I opened up Disney last night to take a gander and found it, but then stumbled upon X-men the Animated series. I own the DVD's but stopped after the Dark Phoenix, so idk priorities and etc. lol 

That'll catch you up in time for X-Men '97, the continuation of the show coming in January. Good choice! 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 11/27/2023 at 5:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

An interesting plot, with storm troopers? I'd go for that!

Local store had knights of republic out the wazoo, but idk star wars, and yet now home looking at key collector perhaps I should have paid attention lol

Those aren’t stormtroopers. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

Yeah, this was the first comic appearance for the Bad Batch. They have prior appearances (including covers) in SW Insider.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Agreed!

On 12/9/2023 at 2:28 AM, kimik said:

Will the new Thrawn mini on FOC this weekend have any first apps of note? I did not read the novel.

Not sure but there are a couple cool covers for it. Don't know if they will heat up, but the one with Anakin is nice looking. 

On 2/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, Tnexus said:

Seeing the release date for The Acolyte floating around as June 5th. Wonder if we'll see a bump to some HR issues

Hopefully, as of right now it may just be limited to Vern’s first appearance as she’s the only character in the comics that has been confirmed. 

Maybe this newest phase will have some  new characters that could hopefully live long enough to appear in the show. 

It’s doubtful we will get an Elzar Mann appearance, but he’s such an awesome character in the books, the show would definitely benefit from it. 

Him and Lourna Dee are my two favorites. The audio drama based on Lourna Dee is top notch. 

Preview: Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #4 Phase III

The preview shows a meeting with the members of that strike force discussing the upcoming mission. That page shows a handful of first appearances. Here’s everyone involved. 

• Lula Talisola – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Zeen Mrala – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Admiral Pevel Kronara – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic – Eye of the Storm #2
  • Jedi Knight Qort – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Jedi Master Kantam Sy – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #2 from Phase I
  • Jedi Master Tani Briwell – Appears briefly in Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase III but that is a cameo as she does not speak and is not named. This will be Tani Briwell’s first full comic appearance.
  • Jedi Padawan Eoin Gorcan – First cameo appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic – Shadows of Starlight #1. This will be Eoin Gorcan’s first full comic appearance.
  • Argomon – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #3 from Phase III
  • 5A-G3 – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #3 from Phase III
  • Jedi Master Fleur Ridleg  This will be Fleur Ridleg’s first full comic appearance. They have never appeared elsewhere. 
  • Jedi Padawan Iric Lams  This will be Iric Lams’ first full comic appearance.. They have never appeared elsewhere. 
  • Jedi Knight Ady Sun’Zee – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Shadows of Starlight #1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:33 PM, kimik said:

Preview: Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #4 Phase III

The preview shows a meeting with the members of that strike force discussing the upcoming mission. That page shows a handful of first appearances. Here’s everyone involved. 

• Lula Talisola – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Zeen Mrala – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Admiral Pevel Kronara – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic – Eye of the Storm #2
  • Jedi Knight Qort – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase I
  • Jedi Master Kantam Sy – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #2 from Phase I
  • Jedi Master Tani Briwell – Appears briefly in Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 from Phase III but that is a cameo as she does not speak and is not named. This will be Tani Briwell’s first full comic appearance.
  • Jedi Padawan Eoin Gorcan – First cameo appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic – Shadows of Starlight #1. This will be Eoin Gorcan’s first full comic appearance.
  • Argomon – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #3 from Phase III
  • 5A-G3 – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #3 from Phase III
  • Jedi Master Fleur Ridleg  This will be Fleur Ridleg’s first full comic appearance. They have never appeared elsewhere. 
  • Jedi Padawan Iric Lams  This will be Iric Lams’ first full comic appearance.. They have never appeared elsewhere. 
  • Jedi Knight Ady Sun’Zee – First appearance is Star Wars: The High Republic Shadows of Starlight #1

This one looks to be heating up already. 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:34 PM, ygogolak said:

Acolyte trailer tomorrow. Wonder if any books will heat up?

Possibly some Vern books. Depends on if anyone survived that far into the timeline. We've finally got a release date. Can't wait to see the trailer tomorrow. 

star-wars-the-acolyte-poster.thumb.jpg.15841648f1de3fb426eaa71db4fcd65b.jpg

Edited by awakeintheashes

It is an interesting approach to launching the  HR era. Rather than start by introducing the Jedi at their peak, they are going to focus more on the Sith. I would have preferred to have them follow the novels/comics instead, but this is likely the safer play since it ties in with established general knowledge of the SW universe.

Regardless, I hope it is a hit and they announce a movie trilogy shortly.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:55 AM, kimik said:

It is an interesting approach to launching the  HR era. Rather than start by introducing the Jedi at their peak, they are going to focus more on the Sith. I would have preferred to have them follow the novels/comics instead, but this is likely the safer play since it ties in with established general knowledge of the SW universe.

Regardless, I hope it is a hit and they announce a movie trilogy shortly.

I think what we are going to see is the Jedi having an identity crisis in a way. Before the Nihil, they were peacekeepers, many never using their lightsabers, let alone kill anyone. The order during the High Republic was less rigid than we saw in the prequels. I think we are going to see the transition of the Jedi - going from freely experiencing the force to one that is more rigid and likely cutoff from certain aspects of the force that allowed the Sith to rise and infiltrate. 

While we don't know how the war with the Nihil ends, we know the Jedi and Republic prevailed, but the costs of such a victory likely decimated the Jedi more than expected.

So essentially, still at their peak but nowhere near the Golden Age we saw early on in the novels, especially phase 2. They are slowly unraveling. 

Edited by awakeintheashes