• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

That is hilarious. Bleeding Cool seems to be losing it a bit right now. Are they still clueless about the Void Rivals 1 secret/reveal that "Uncle Rich" was asking retailers to share with him before FOC?

I'm confused on the Doctor Aphra #33 Marquez Variant with Aayla Secura on the cover.  I was keen to the 4-6X cover price sales before Key Collector listed it on this weeks trending 20 as I always look at books I'm expecting from my FOC preorders.  Not Aayla's 1st app., and it is surely not a 1st cover or anything.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Star+Wars++Doctor+Aphra+33+Variant+Marquez&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338314175&toolid=10050&customid=1000&LH_PrefLoc=2&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

(shrug)

On 7/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, gradejunky said:

I'm confused on the Doctor Aphra #33 Marquez Variant with Aayla Secura on the cover.  I was keen to the 4-6X cover price sales before Key Collector listed it on this weeks trending 20 as I always look at books I'm expecting from my FOC preorders.  Not Aayla's 1st app., and it is surely not a 1st cover or anything.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Star+Wars++Doctor+Aphra+33+Variant+Marquez&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338314175&toolid=10050&customid=1000&LH_PrefLoc=2&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

(shrug)

It seems like people have gravitated to this cover. I know the book is the first appearance of Starweird, whomever that is. Guess out of all the covers for #33 this seems to be the hot one.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:13 PM, gradejunky said:

(shrug)

People like Aalya Securra and it’s a nice cover. Also, the actress attends a lot of cons, so could be fans grabbing hoping for her to sign it. 

On 7/2/2023 at 2:13 AM, gradejunky said:

(shrug)

Hot cover equals hot comic book. Nothing new under the sun.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:45 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Any action on any Star Wars books related to the Ahsoka show? (shrug)

Kanan 6 sold more in Sep than Aug, but within the usual range ($300ish). There was a little rush on raw copies of Mace Windu 5 (Ahsoka cameo) in last couple weeks. Nothing crazy. You can get Kanan 1 at 9.8 cheaper now than even six months ago. I think there are more seller who put up their Kanan slabs in anticipation of the show giving it a bump and end up selling them, but for less than hoped?

I am curious to see whether there is any lift on HR books now that DIS is starting the next phase of the multi-media project. My guess is that things will not really heat up until movies are announced, but we will see the animated shows, video game, and live action shows over the next year or two.

https://drunkwooky.com/2023/10/10/the-first-high-republic-comic-characters-will-be-on-disney-this-year/

On 10/11/2023 at 11:32 AM, kimik said:

I am curious to see whether there is any lift on HR books now that DIS is starting the next phase of the multi-media project. My guess is that things will not really heat up until movies are announced, but we will see the animated shows, video game, and live action shows over the next year or two.

https://drunkwooky.com/2023/10/10/the-first-high-republic-comic-characters-will-be-on-disney-this-year/

Knowing what happens to some of those characters and Starlight Beacon, I hope the little kids don’t look into their future adventures. 

On 10/11/2023 at 2:04 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Knowing what happens to some of those characters and Starlight Beacon, I hope the little kids don’t look into their future adventures. 

They can always bring them back as Force Ghosts................

On 11/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, icp004 said:

Probably more like warming up than heating up but it sure did fly off the selves at both locations of my LCS.  I’d like to see a Bad Batch title even if just a mini series. 

IMG_6120.jpeg

An interesting plot, with storm troopers? I'd go for that!

Local store had knights of republic out the wazoo, but idk star wars, and yet now home looking at key collector perhaps I should have paid attention lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

An interesting plot, with storm troopers? I'd go for that!

Local store had knights of republic out the wazoo, but idk star wars, and yet now home looking at key collector perhaps I should have paid attention lol

Those aren’t stormtroopers. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

On 11/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Those aren’t stormtroopers. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

Yes I've been informed to check it out on Disney plus, that I just signed up for this month. Only watched Loki season two thus far, and was wondering where in the world Carmen Sandiego, I mean where to start in the multi verse...  :roflmao:

As good a recommendation as any!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM