• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Anything goes for buyers on EBay , no long term repercussions at all for buyers , but sellers must jump through hoops, itslike the Wild Wild West for sellers😕

I agree. I’ve sold on eBay for years. I hate selling on eBay. No argument there. 

I’ve also been buying on eBay for years, and yes, it’s great in a lot of ways, but I don’t think, as a buyer, I want to worry about shady selling practices, in order to even the scales. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Then he started talking about the guy being dragged from his house in handcuffs. 

Would you mind taking a moment aside from trying to discredit me and all the evidence I've presented to humor us by pointing out where I stated that BBC was going to be dragged from his apartment (not house) in handcuffs? 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

When a book is sent to mycomicshop in a cracked but whole CGC case and they grade it a point and a half lower, are they lying about it? When they sell it as a 5.0 when CGC called it a 6.5. are they being unethical or is it only if you raise the grade?  

This makes no sense.

This is an example of a loss, not a shady middle man gain for profit, and destroying the census.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Would you mind taking a moment aside from trying to discredit me and all the evidence I've presented to humor us by pointing out where I stated that BBC was going to be dragged from his apartment (not house) in handcuffs? 

I think he inflated the "grade" on your post-

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

That's not the point, and as I consign books to them rather than sell, it is moot

Not entirely moot. If you send them a book that you think is a 6.0 but they grade as 5.0 then you likely won't get what you were expecting on consignment. So you can either have it returned or go with it. I've sold and consigned with them and have had mostly positive experiences. And yea, some people realize a MCS 5.0 = CGC 6.0 but I'm not sure that would be the majority of their customers. Anyway, I realize I'm getting off topic here...

7 minutes ago, shadroch said:

That's not the point, and as I consign books to them rather than sell, it is moot. I've no issue with their grading on most books but the one time I objected to a grade they assigned and we sent it out, it came back much higher than they called it. I don't know if it sold for much more as many people think an MCS 5.0 equals a CGC 6.0 or so. 

Do you deal with BeatleBlueCat? Either sell through Michael, consign, or are in some type of cooperative business partnership? Do you bid on his items? Win any of them? If so, what was the outcome? Favorable or other? 

8 minutes ago, shadroch said:

That's not the point, and as I consign books to them rather than sell, it is moot. I've no issue with their grading on most books but the one time I objected to a grade they assigned and we sent it out, it came back much higher than they called it. I don't know if it sold for much more as many people think an MCS 5.0 equals a CGC 6.0 or so. 

Which is why their raw book sometimes sell for more than cgc? do they give raw books over a 9.4?

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Do you deal with BeatleBlueCat? Either sell through Michael, consign, or are in some type of cooperative business partnership? Do you bid on his items? Win any of them? If so, what was the outcome? Favorable or other? 

4A3762CF-C3BF-4688-8ABB-05C7C14F0FC1.gif

On 12/18/2020 at 6:45 AM, lizards2 said:

Hopefully, he sent the label back to CGC to keep the census clean! :D

We sold some RESTORED SA ASM books on eBay this weekend and someone in Oregon gobbled them up! I can almost hear the cracks now. To be fair, a buyer was right here in Ventura too......

29 minutes ago, D2 said:

4A3762CF-C3BF-4688-8ABB-05C7C14F0FC1.gif

I think what he's wondering is why, of the first 200 "Feedback Left for Others" on BBC's feedback page, it is so incredibly rare that BBC leaves feedback for buyers. Yet of those extremely minimal feedback for buyers, such a large % are for the "51 Feedback" shill.

I can't wait for this guy to show up to defend himself here.

:popcorn:

39 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

We sold some RESTORED SA ASM books on eBay this weekend and someone in Oregon gobbled them up! I can almost hear the cracks now. To be fair, a buyer was right here in Ventura too......

Something to keep an eye on in his listings 

So basically we have
"Its ok to crack out and regrade/sell books because 'grading is subjective (even tho the disagreement in grade always goes in one direction-and usually by a lot)"
"It's ok to shill because nothing ever happens to people that do it"
Manipulating images-no comment.
"Stop talking about it because (shrug)"

27 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

I think what he's wondering is why, of the first 200 "Feedback Left for Others" on BBC's feedback page, it is so incredibly rare that BBC leaves feedback for buyers. Yet of those extremely minimal feedback for buyers, such a large % are for the "51 Feedback" shill.

Totally agree. I back JJJs efforts wholeheartedly. I think the work he has done aligns with:

26 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

As I recall, he was incredibly persistent...

This greatness lol  

28 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

In some way, and figuratively speaking, you already may have gotten your wish.