• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The Avengers is the last Whedon project that I can recall in which things ran smoothly.

I’m sure that was a project with a LOT of studio oversight. Whedon couldn’t take a leak without an accountant in the bathroom looking at his watch.

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I don’t have time hence I asked for the cliff notes 😂

You so glazed over the 15-16 yo girl mention and then noted unless a minor was involved that is a situation of 'nobodies business expect the two peoples'.

:bigsmile:

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I was watching Age of Ultron and the scene where Ruffalo falls on Johanssen is the exact same scene he recreates with Flash and Wonder Woman 

it’s such an awkward scene 

The same but not really the same.

The Avengers Age of Ultron scene was acceptable (to a degree) because Bruce and Natalie were forming a romance already, so one could see it as a humorous way to "progress" the relationship.

The Justice League scene was really creepy and really wrong. Diana and Barry had no romantic relationship and they barely knew each other. DC had also gained a lot of goodwill with creating a strong woman hero in a good movie with Wonder Woman, then ruined it with a really bad attempt at humor.

Kevin Feige is a sensitive human being who oversees every project and makes sure the filmmakers don't go off the reservation. Geoff Johns is not.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Kevin Feige is a sensitive human being who oversees every project and makes sure the filmmakers don't go off the reservation. Geoff Johns is not.

Geoff Johns was not in the same position as Feige. He was co-president in name only. Jon Berg was the real power in that production, and he wrote it off as Fisher not wanting to say 'BOOYAH'.

Jon Berg Responds to Ray Fisher’s Justice League Accusations

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Hey now - you be careful to research better. Guy.

:baiting:

I come on here so I don’t have to do research’s 😂 It’s not exactly clear other than it was a bad workplace environment without other any solid details. I personally don’t consider Twitter post as a good source of information.

6 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Hey now guy, be careful. You reversed the order of my comment to fit your narrative. 

And go back one page.

I shared the details of the 15-16 yo. You then posted after that.

You were too busy attempting to dismiss the situation.

24 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

This is sort of my point, I could never find what those experiences were. 

They were complying with an investigation. Why would you tell the public so that WB could try covering it up? This way, the culprits can't prepare a defense on-the-spot if they're not sure which thing they did wrong.

Edit to add: I literally told you what Gadot went through (at least the 1 thing that she shared). Whedon threatened her career to manipulate her into doing the falling-Flash scene.

Edited by Angel of Death

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

They were complying with an investigation. Why would you tell the public so that WB could try covering it up? This way, the culprits can't prepare a defense on-the-spot if they're not sure which thing they did wrong.

And that is exactly what WB Studios was doing, which Ray Fisher pointed out. He would make a statement. Then The Hollywood Reporter would publish an article about Fisher being difficult to work with and WB trying to appease him.

23 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I come on here so I don’t have to do research’s 😂 It’s not exactly clear other than it was a bad workplace environment without other any solid details. I personally don’t consider Twitter post as a good source of information.

Oh, I agree. And that is why I research first what is being said before referencing anything off of Twitter. Too many on there use their followers to create reality and trending themes to fit what they want to like or hate.

When Fisher initially came out about Whedon his cast mates held back, knowing how ugly studio politics can get when they lash out. So the most he received initially was Gal Gadot's body double (Caitlin Burles) indicating something had occurred onset.

caitlinburles01.thumb.PNG.d2b913d48c6c96c37d03e42a9af4a444.PNG

Then you had Jason Momoa come out in support of Ray Fisher, noting the set experience was toxic.

Justice League: Jason Momoa's Ray Fisher Investigation Support is a Big Deal

Then came Gal Gadot noting she had concerns with the environment on the set being toxic. But how she used her growing star power to address it behind the scenes.

Gal Gadot supports Justice League co-star Ray Fisher, says her own Joss Whedon experience "wasn't the best one"

But each time WB would work through reporting sites to distract from this news by dropping other details. To include leaking out to the press Jason Momoa was going to be the voice of Frosty The Snowman in an upcoming film with Jon Berg (which was fake).

9 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

When it comes to things like the potential sexual assault of a teenager by a grown man (who also was her boss/employer), I think getting all your "research" done by a comic book board is a disservice to the situation.

Well I just learned of it by coming on here an hour or so ago. All I heard prior was that was a lot of drama on the set WB set with that Geoff guy. I didn’t realize anything was going on with the Joss guy. This isn’t exactly that most important news going on in the world 😂. I’m posting comments because I’m trying to figure out what was going on. It really hasn’t been helpful 😂.   Apparently if someone comes on here trying to learn what’s going on they are dismissive and doing a disservice.:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Well I just learned of it by coming on here an hour or so ago. All I heard prior was that was a lot of drama on the set WB set with that Geoff guy. I didn’t realize anything was going on with the Joss guy. This isn’t exactly that most important news going on in the world 😂. I’m posting comments because I’m trying to figure out what was going on. It really hasn’t been helpful 😂.   Apparently if someone comes on here trying to learn what’s going on they are dismissive and doing a disservice.:facepalm:

Or, the way you approached the topic may have been perceived as dismissive initially versus seeking information. :whatthe:

I don’t know what everyone does here for a living but I’m in the corporate sector. My point is, I see as an observer, a ton of drama on a day to day basis and see how people manipulate their sides of conflict so they look like they are in the right. I don’t believe any of the Twitter or FaceBook carp. It rots your brain! I’ll believe a story when I read it in the Washington Post, NYT or Wall Street Journal.

21 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

So basically he was an a-hole to someone he worked with some 20 years ago and that proves that he was an a-hole to Ray Fisher?

If you post questions that aren't rhetorical, and are instead inquisitive, then you may find the answers that you're looking for. :whatthe:

You made some comments that seemed to be ill-informed conjecture, hence the push-back. The investigation was ongoing for quite awhile.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The Avengers Age of Ultron scene was acceptable (to a degree) because Bruce and Natalie were forming a romance already, so one could see it as a humorous way to "progress" the relationship.

you should read this sentence a few times