• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bird said:

and a 9.2 asm 300 I think, which makes this all VERY silly...I eff up on a 9.0 and have a 9.2 here and I toss it in WITHOUT THINKING about it (without mentioning anything even, a nice surprise for screwing the pooch)

Wait, really? :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I looked at his e bay site. He has over 400K in books for sale. :whatev:

And consigning a few of those to a future ComicLink auction would quickly wipe out that $20K debt.  But ease of settlement is obviously foreign to this whole fiasco.

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Wait, really? :facepalm:

I think so...I really try to stay away from going to other sites to see what is what but I did yesterday after another boardie told me to check it out

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

and a 9.2 asm 300 I think, which makes this all VERY silly...I eff up on a 9.0 and have a 9.2 here and I toss it in WITHOUT THINKING about it (without mentioning anything even, a nice surprise for screwing the pooch)

I didn't see an ASM 300 but he does have some really nice books. 

@Top City Comics, just pick ten of your best books and auction them. That will solve a lot of your problems. This is silly. 

Just now, mattn792 said:

And consigning a few of those to a future ComicLink auction would quickly wipe out that $20K debt.  But ease of settlement is obviously foreign to this whole fiasco.

The more highly regarded auction houses will also advance a consignor cash towards the "value" of their consignment fairly instantly...

Just now, Ryan. said:

I didn't see an ASM 300 but he does have some really nice books. 

@Top City Comics, just pick ten of your best books and auction them. That will solve a lot of your problems. This is silly. 

yeah, I didn't see it just now either

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
19 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I looked at his e bay site. He has over 400K in books for sale. :whatev:

that would seem like the easy way to start cleaning things up right?

I made this point. He's got a lot of money in books on his ebay page. Enough money for many people to retire on, much less get out of a small debt. This is incredibly dumb. Maybe some of the book aren't his, are on consignment, but come on man. Come on.

Come on.

Come on.

Edited by speedcake

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

I made this point. He's got a lot of money in books on his ebay page. Enough money for many people to retire on, much less get out of a small debt. This is incredibly dumb. Maybe some of the book aren't his, are on consignment, but come on man. Come on.

Come on.

Come on.

You seem to be impatient "speedcake" xD

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

I know you mentioned there was blame to both sides, but in fairness, TCC's joking tones earlier in this thread were just as out of place, if not more so.  Given how long the process has taken, I don't think you could really fault Polonsky if his patience is beginning to wear thin and he makes a little wise crack here and there.

I agree. I did not like the flippant and nasty remarks coming from TCC.

What I didn't like about Polonsky's post was the reference to how easy paypal is and how he's had so many easy paypal transactions when this all started with him sending payment as a check. The irony was off-putting to me.

I agree that Polonsky should be refunded ASAP.

Edited by Red84

1 minute ago, Top City Comics said:

Just logged on for the first time today, not trying to ignore anyone...

Lee's check is in the mail 100% and it will 100% clear.  Hopefully it will be arriving tomorrow.  I have reached out to him via PM to see if he prefers to rip it up/burn it instead.

Messaged Tim as well...the main replacement book has been chosen...offering a list of options to get us to whole value this evening so we can put that to bed as well.

Thanks everyone for your time in this matter, your suggestions have been (mostly) helpful.

who is this?

:devil:

Just bustin' chops, finish it up!

OT: I have giant yellow $4 stickers on some comics, did I get them from you at Baltimore a few years ago? I seem to think this is the case.