• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze X-Men!
2 2

297 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 10:43 PM, universal soldier said:

According to https://tainthemeat.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/marvel-calendar-1978/

The art seems like Byrne but not sure if it was ever published elsewhere.

Yes, Byrne did the month of December.  I was leaning here as Byrne over Cockrum as well.

I looked at a few different things and I cannot find it.  There is a chance that it was created just for calendar, but most of art that appeared on a particular day was borrowed from a comic.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, Byrne did the month of December.  I was leaning here as Byrne over Cockrum as well.

I looked at a few different things and I cannot find it.  There is a chance that it was created just for calendar, but most of art that appeared on a particular day was borrowed from a comic.

I was thinking a Holiday Treasury/Grab bag but can't find any evidence.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:52 PM, universal soldier said:

I was thinking a Holiday Treasury/Grab bag but can't find any evidence.

I think I looked at a few of those in the correct timespan, but found nothing.  Notice Wolverine is in his Fang costume.  It appears he actually wore that in Iron Fist before he stole it in the X-Men 107, but I will defer you the more knowledgeable Bronze Age X-Men fan for confirmation.  So, if the 1978 calendar was published in late 1977 and Iron Fist 15 was on sale around May/June 1977, that only gives a few months that the Calendar image could have appeared somewhere.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:52 PM, Terry JSA said:

Here’s some of mine! :banana:

92837563-EDDF-4ED8-B90C-A4BD22B26052.jpeg

Solid 101 :headbang: