• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze X-Men!
2 2

297 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 8:26 PM, universal soldier said:

Scan is gone of the 94 so here is fresh pic. Picked this up in the mid 90's from a 3 long box collection that I got for $600. It also included my IH #181 that I sent in last year for grading and came back at a 3.5. pretty much a $1 per book. :banana:

uxm_94_front.thumb.jpg.db8c8463732a537b910eaf4e85997d6b.jpg

That's a lot of fun, and that you hung on to that specific copy, I call that putting in the work ^^

On 9/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, Mr bla bla said:

They are just stamped in my dna these gorgious bronze x-men.

agreed! I wish byrne would make another appearance so I could get more signed by him.

Having those two juggernauts on these books, they just are timeless! timeless pieces!

On 9/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I've had this for some years now. I think someone posted some artwork from this issue some pages back. It deserves a post here :) 

20210503_185707.jpg

That's a good looking book, have a 9.6 myself. 

Amazing how cheap this book currently is compared to #107, a little baffling imo.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:09 AM, Primetime said:

The raw NM 99 was bought in the mid 80s for $20. I just picked up the 7.5 as I couldn’t resist the full date stamp :x

C544E4A0-2D53-479A-BFC5-15077513D342.jpeg

That's awesome, love date stamps:cloud9: Great placement! 

I started a thread on this, but it died a fast death.  I'm going to try one more time, because I am interested in the answer.

Ok, thought I would go to the experts instead of searching endlessly.

Besides the THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MIGHTY MARVEL COMICS CALENDAR 1978 (Month of December, 25th Day), where did this X-Men image with Spider-Man appear?  I think I know the artist and can date it to within a year's span of when it could have been published, but I cannot find it anywhere else.  I am thinking perhaps unpublished or fanzine.

I love a good challenge, but this one seems to beg for an X-Man aficionado. 

mighty-marvel-calender-1978-cover.jpg?w=474

image.thumb.png.1c7c01aca228ed09bbf89f0d886b3e63.png

image.thumb.png.ddb379b4d86dd7644b5aab678105fa64.png

On 9/16/2021 at 7:42 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I started a thread on this, but it died a fast death.  I'm going to try one more time, because I am interested in the answer.

Ok, thought I would go to the experts instead of searching endlessly.

Besides the THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MIGHTY MARVEL COMICS CALENDAR 1978 (Month of December, 25th Day), where did this X-Men image with Spider-Man appear?  I think I know the artist and can date it to within a year's span of when it could have been published, but I cannot find it anywhere else.  I am thinking perhaps unpublished or fanzine.

I love a good challenge, but this one seems to beg for an X-Man aficionado. 

mighty-marvel-calender-1978-cover.jpg?w=474

image.thumb.png.1c7c01aca228ed09bbf89f0d886b3e63.png

image.thumb.png.ddb379b4d86dd7644b5aab678105fa64.png

According to https://tainthemeat.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/marvel-calendar-1978/

The Amazing Spider-Man Mighty Marvel Comics Calendar 1978 showcased the artwork of some of Marvel’s most popular artists and inkers. Regular readers would have instantly recognised most, if not all of the contributors to the calendar — Al Milgrom (January), Jack Kirby and John Verpoorten (February), Paul Gulacy and Pablo Marcos (March), John Romita (April), Larry Leiber and Frank Giacoia (May), John Buscema and Joe Sinnott (June), Gene Colan (July), Sal Buscema (August), Gil Kane and Tom Palmer (September), George Perez (October), Ross Andru and Mike Esposito (November) and John Byrne (December). The calendar was a veritable who’s-who of Marvel’s artistic talent.

The art seems like Byrne but not sure if it was ever published elsewhere.