• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bishop Eastman Signing
5 5

490 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Oskywalker said:

My 3-magazine submission was finally shipped yesterday.

The waiting time was horrible.

lol Congrats! I'm still at good ole' sfg on my Nintendo Power hahaha, I know it well, I bought it a couple of drinks but it never called the day after :devil: 

lol living on the edge! :banana: Line Up! And all the other Aerosmith songs to hopefully get over this break up now that the Registry award deadline has come and gone :( 

Unfortunately I was #1 in Nintendo Power for 2 years, but have lost that title this year! :tonofbricks: 

3 minutes ago, Rollinrebel said:

Look what I got in the mail!

I'm really happy with the grading but what I thought was a scratch looks to be a piece of plastic on the inside. Is this something I should be concerned about or send back to CGC? 

21C3F06D-CE3F-4577-80F5-B0ACF011DB15.jpeg

12960709-8E78-43BA-BFA0-12D8183B61BC.jpeg

37B666F6-8033-4B14-B8E0-B43C4D78B8BA.jpeg

97A51C81-81EF-433C-BF93-18F8B9244DB5.jpeg

F5846AB0-3CAC-4F95-835B-629F76DCB2E0.jpeg

yes I would call cgc and talk about a "mechanical error" specifically. They'll send I believe a UPS over night shipping label, and they'll reholder for free.....

You DO have a certain amount of time upon receiving for quality control like this, or a window that they'll automatically do it (thumbsu 

I would cause while it is "probably not damaging the comic" and is on the outside of the inner mylar holding the comic, you don't want to leave it like that if you can have it fixed especially at no cost to you :) 

But congrats on your books! :x at least there is only 1 that needs correcting and you can love on the ones received already lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Beautiful books and congrats on the grades. Further hope my two are momentarily going to be updated to shipping...............

I did call, to get that their currently working on the bottle neck of the Eastmans and mags etc..... so I'm hoping too.....

I got again that mine were graded now and in line for encapsulation so maybe that's something at least....

are yours now at QC?

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did call, to get that their currently working on the bottle neck of the Eastmans and mags etc..... so I'm hoping too.....

I got again that mine were graded now and in line for encapsulation so maybe that's something at least....

are yours now at QC?

This is the same spiel they've been giving me for over 2 months stating books are graded in encapsulation.

Frankly, this is terrible customer service especially when you consider they originally quoted 6 weeks for grading and pressing.

Not holding my breath...

1 hour ago, Every Day A Story said:

This is the same spiel they've been giving me for over 2 months stating books are graded in encapsulation.

Frankly, this is terrible customer service especially when you consider they originally quoted 6 weeks for grading and pressing.

Not holding my breath...

Yes and now that my modern and economy submission of mags received 3/17 are both sfg, I'm beginning to wonder if it is soon with my Eastman or not  (shrug)

22 minutes ago, alarment said:

I was so nervous through this whole process, the wait, the quality control issues others were seeing.  And to top it off after finally getting notified of by booked shipping, my package was shipped to Las Vegas, then Salt Lake, then Denver, then finally made it here, was really worried about my book (I've had several books come back from CGC damaged either in encapsulation or shipping).  But it made it!  I even got the remarque I requested!  Now I have a question, what type of box does this fit in?

20210615_184550.jpg

20210615_184517.jpg

20210615_185800.jpg

Magazine cgc box

And congratulations! Looks great, a full bodied mouser! :x

19 minutes ago, Bruce Eaton said:

My status on my five magazines switched to 'Grading/Quality Control' today. 

I'm thrilled to see some movement as they've been received as of 4/26.

dang I may have a wait then, mine were received back from pressing on 5/12 lol:tonofbricks: 

but congrats!!

8 minutes ago, P0TAT0ES said:

Today was the day!!! Fed ex showed up and I was like they must be at the wrong house didn’t order anything. Took me a second to realize what I was signing for. So happy. Thought it would come back 8 or 8.5 at best. Very happy with the grade.

2BB5B11E-0649-4C5D-9ED8-83CBB13BCC86.jpeg

37382DCC-CBA9-45C8-A7A1-B2F0840B2AE6.jpeg

CE3D9099-5581-4D4C-AC49-C2B67F398FF2.jpeg

Best News Ever! lol and you didn't peek at the grade online, double ^^