• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are posts getting removed/locked? Is free speech not allowed on here any more?
4 4

276 posts in this topic

CGC's board, CGC's rules. The 1st Amendment applies to state actors, not a private corporation. CGC provides a nice service on these boards. Sure, it probably helps them sell more product. Political arguments get nasty, unhappy campers, and is bad for business. So I totally understand their approach. Would I hope they give some folks ample wiggle room? Yes. Do they usually do that? Yes, for the most part. 

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Are we sure all of these guys incoherently screaming at each other are actually old enough to be part of the boards? Getting some strong GIJOEISAWESOME vibes... 

That was always such a confusing point with me.  GI Joe was such an 80's thing when he arrived despite the two movies.  Box office showed that GI Joe seemed to only be awesome to the middle aged adults that remembered the 80's... yet he was clearly a child. 

5 hours ago, Mephisto said:

What is Captain Jack’s origin story? Do you guys think he was a sailor in the 1800’s prior to his baseball career and contracted a nasty venereal disease hence the “last name”?

:roflmao: