• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, szav said:

Hard to say this early in.  Seems a bit tougher than other games I've played in recent years and I died a lot.., but there's always a learning curve.  Nothing nowadays is even close to as hard as the no save die and you start over games I grew up with.

It's visually gorgeous, just a few hours in there's already been some pretty stunning environmental scenery.

Thanks for the input. I want to try to pick it up the next time I see it on sale. I have one more game I need to finish but I've been eyeing this game a lot.

On 2/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, szav said:

Nothing nowadays is even close to as hard as the no save die and you start over games I grew up with.

Perhaps try Returnal.  Supposedly tough, but unlikely on par with something like the very infamous Battletoads.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:48 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Perhaps try Returnal.  Supposedly tough, but unlikely on par with something like the very infamous Battletoads.

Nintendo TMNT

I could only play that game for five minutes 

And Fatal Rewind for Genesis, same thing

On 2/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, Wolverinex said:

Anyone get Elden ring?

I've played about 15 hours of it so far and compare it more to Far Cry and Skyrim then Dark Souls.  It has elements of many games including Bloodborne.  Graphics are awesome and it plays great!

On 2/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, Rodey said:

Has anyone played Horizon Forbidden West yet? That looks amazing. I loved the first one.

I'm about 12 hours in.  HZD is my favorite game of all time and this sequel is living up to it in spades. Playing on the PS5, I haven't experienced many bugs.  There's already been one patch released.  Gameplay is similar but there are a few challenging differences with the combat & whatnot.  I'm taking my time doing as many side quests as I can find to level up and get acquainted with the new weapons, new machines and skills.  Loving it so far!

Nearly 30 hours into Elden Ring and I have only defeated one main boss and not because he was to tough (took me about 10 tries), but because there is so much you can do before progressing the main story line.  This game is truly amazing and I am already calling it my all time favorite.

Ghost of Tsushima, Living Legend Platinum trophy achieved!! There are still some separate dlc’s and other stuff, but I think I will hold off and start Horizon soon. :banana:

On 2/27/2022 at 6:49 PM, Galen130 said:

Ghost of Tsushima, Living Legend Platinum trophy achieved!! There are still some separate dlc’s and other stuff, but I think I will hold off and start Horizon soon:banana:

::cough::start Elden Ring::cough:: :whee:

On 2/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, Wolverinex said:

Man,  still good?

Absolutely! ^^

On 2/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, s-man said:

Nearly 30 hours into Elden Ring and I have only defeated one main boss and not because he was to tough (took me about 10 tries), but because there is so much you can do before progressing the main story line.  This game is truly amazing and I am already calling it my all time favorite.

Possibly because, like me, you get caught up in exploring.  Hard not to have a good look around while playing an RPG sandbox game.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Possibly because, like me, you get caught up in exploring.  Hard not to have a good look around while playing an RPG sandbox game.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the horse element, but its a real cool feature and helps in the exploration.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:07 AM, s-man said:

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the horse element, but its a real cool feature and helps in the exploration.

I very rarely travelled that way in Oblivion or Skyrim. Just walked around the countryside between towns, getting attacked occasionally by bandits, bears, giant cats or trolls, and opening up the fast travel option.  I haven’t looked at Elden Ring yet, so I’m assuming that’s what you mean.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:17 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I very rarely travelled that way in Oblivion or Skyrim. Just walked around the countryside between towns, getting attacked occasionally by bandits, bears, giant cats or trolls, and opening up the fast travel option.  I haven’t looked at Elden Ring yet, so I’m assuming that’s what you mean.

You can walk around if you want but its more fun to use the horse and the areas are bigger then Skyrim's.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:20 AM, s-man said:

You can walk around if you want but its more fun to use the horse and the areas are bigger then Skyrim's.

Understandable, as there’s a decade and two consoles in between them.  Hopefully some varied content rather than just padded with repetitive fetch quests.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/28/2022 at 7:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

According to every gamer that I personally know, Elden Ring is "trash".

(shrug)
Aggregate score
Aggregator Score
Metacritic (PC) 95/100[19]
(PS5) 97/100[20]
(XBSX) 95/100[21]
Review scores
Publication Score
Destructoid 10/10[22]
Easy Allies 9.5/10[23]
Game Informer 10/10[24]
GameRevolution 10/10[25]
GameSpot 10/10[26]
GamesRadar+ 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[27]
Hardcore Gamer 5/5[28]
IGN 10/10[29]
PC Gamer (US) 90/100[30]
PCGamesN 10/10[31]
Shacknews 9/10[32]
The Guardian 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[33]
VG247 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[34]
VideoGamer.com 9/10[35]

Elden Ring received "universal acclaim"