• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

It went from rant. Then for a while it seemed that just maybe cooler heads would prevail, but now it has descended back into the mouth of madness.  Mods tried to help steer this back on track.  Unfortunately it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. 

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It went from rant. Then for a while it seemed that just maybe cooler heads would prevail, but now it has descended back into the mouth of madness.  Mods tried to help steer this back on track.  Unfortunately it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. 

I think that we'll be okay. I also think that maybe a "TAT Discussion Thread" could be pinned to this sub-forum, so that's there's a single designated place for complaints and/or discussion.

It can be bothersome and/or tiring explaining the same business process to the same 3 people every 2 days. I understand why the CGC employees have refused to engage in awhile, which sucks.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

I think that we'll be okay. I also think that maybe a "TAT Discussion Thread" could be pinned to this sub-forum, so that's there's a single designated place for complaints and/or discussion.

It can be bothersome and/or tiring explaining the same business process to the same 3 people every 2 days. I understand why the CGC employees have refused to engage in awhile, which sucks.

I agree. There has been a proposal to make a card subforum for selling. They should add a sub for the cards. 

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

All you do is rant rant rant. Conversation is only fueled by your inability to put yourself in people's position. I leave for a hour and come back to you still ranting.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

All you do is rant rant rant. Conversation is only fueled by your inability to put yourself in people's position. I leave for a hour and come back to you still ranting.

:facepalm:tumblr_m4v6wjhPm61r5r8duo1_500.gif.a22e6b9f8d1896876d6e0f8b6c6d31e8.gif

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:facepalm:tumblr_m4v6wjhPm61r5r8duo1_500.gif.a22e6b9f8d1896876d6e0f8b6c6d31e8.gif

There can be VIPS and still people get things completed close to the time that they are expecting based off those estimations most of those estimations are known that it's not gonna be right. Example that 111 is now like a 300 day wait especially if your submitting today or longer. So don't even put an estimation if you don't know. Simple as that. Why give false hope?

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

There can be VIPS and still people get things completed close to the time that they are expecting based off those estimations most of those estimations are known that it's not gonna be right. Example that 111 is now like a 300 day wait especially if your submitting today or longer.

The inverse is also true. You submit when it says 300 days and the TAT come back down to 111 while it's there and they fly through.  

"All things flow according to the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy it." 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The inverse is also true. You submit when it says 300 days and the TAT come back down to 111 while it's there and they fly through.  

"All things flow according to the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy it." 

There's no point to drive sales with false dates though... People are expecting the times to be around those dates. They aren't suppose to be like oh I'm submitting today and it says 20 days but it's gonna be 200.

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

I mean maybe with your money. I don't spend money for it to sit in wonderland for years.

None of us do. Unfortunately unforeseen and unfortunate things happen. Posting on public forums feelings doesn't change it. 

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

None of us do. Unfortunately unforeseen and unfortunate things happen. Posting on public forums feelings doesn't change it. 

Actually, it is suppose to be for feedback. And many people are upset by this stuff happening. Which is why they voice it. Just like a business review. I mean there's other review places they can put their dissatisfaction but they would rather voice it here to get it fixed so they don't have to give a bad review...

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

Actually, it is suppose to be for feedback. And many people are upset by this stuff happening. Which is why they voice it. Just like a business review.

If that is all it was it would be fine. It's the feeling ( usually anger) that cloud this as well as expectations. Again what people have to realize is with what is going on in collectibles and the world in general is not and has not been the case at any time prior. Everything has changed. They couldn't just change overnight.  They have to deal with this ever changing environment  and adapt as well and fast as possible, all while maintaining the level of service they provide.  That is no easy or quick feat. If they just threw new employees at it , how would you feel if all of your cards came back 2 grades lower than you expected but cut the TAT in half? Would you be happy? 

28 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Expectations is the problem. 

I don't think having expectations for a business is problematic, regardless of unforseen things. I can't bill a remodel up front and then not perform the work for 6 months and not expect consequences regardless of what happens. If I estimate a job taking a month, and it last month and a half customer probably isn't going to sweat me. If I estimate a month and it's five, then we have some major issues. Not just with an angry customer but with my inability to properly estimate. Possibly I shouldn't be in business if I'm that ignorant as to what I'm doing, or don't take steps to correct it. I get that the businesses arent the same but the concept remains. Just because you can make more money off a higher paying client doesn't mean you stop mid project on someone to cater to someone with more money. You can do it, but sometimes it comes down to doing the right thing vs most financially profitable thing.

In my mind they should've taken steps to curb the number of submissions sooner before the backlog got that far out of control. Once the other facility was up then go balls to the wall or whatever. Incredibly reactive instead of proactive.

Also, you can't keep every customer happy. Some are going to have a stick up their regardless. I just attempt to have the self awareness to distinguish between when I f***ed up and the people that are impossible to please.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

32 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Illogical positions? Yeah, I don't wanna be on those shoes.

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

If that is all it was it would be fine. It's the feeling ( usually anger) that cloud this as well as expectations. Again what people have to realize is with what is going on in collectibles and the world in general is not and has not been the case at any time prior. Everything has changed. They couldn't just change overnight.  They have to deal with this ever changing environment  and adapt as well and fast as possible, all while maintaining the level of service they provide.  That is no easy or quick feat. If they just threw new employees at it , how would you feel if all of your cards came back 2 grades lower than you expected but cut the TAT in half? Would you be happy? 

I'd be fine at this point. People should be allowed to voice their anger. That is why it is a review. People shouldn't be trying to bash people or argue with people about their opinion about the experience they are having. Same would go if your wait time was increased by 10x the time...