• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

my point is, the card is not all that popular, and it got a 7.5. No one wants a 7.5 of a random promo card. I am sure if the person took the time to carefully review the card they could have noticed many of the flaws CGC picked up and not wasted valuable time and resources from CGC that they are terribly lacking right now. Its common sense. 

Haven't I argued sufficiently and sincerely enough that I am a potential market for that card? I know you are doubling down with an example but, srsly, I'd buy that card. In an earlier post I mentioned how 5-8.5 gradings speak to me more than a 9 or 10, and given the subjectivity of pokemon, I dunno, I'd rather have a "diverse, subjective" market than one bent on rigid logic. This leads me to more interesting cards, we don't want homogenization of what we're sending in. There are cards in my set which PROOOOOBABLY aren't worth grading but, y'know, I like them, I want them graded, there are some cards which are so stupid and make me laugh so, again, what are we investing in? It's too difficult nailing down the problem of subjectivity. In time, I hope, people start to treat lower graded CGC slabs more kindly. It's amazing how tight the grading boundaries are in terms of finding your value, it's very difficult to gauge this stuff without professional equipment. I use a jewelers lens but I feel more like a dork than a professional in using it. Just sitting here looking at my Marnies super up close and personal, like, these graders use serious equipment, us plebs are literally through the looking glass when it comes to this stuff. My logic is, given that CGC is strict, people will start to round up their gradings to competing services, it's already happening with 9.5s (PSA 10???). Unfortunately, sharks like to grab those cheap CGC 9.5s... crack them... and grade them with PSA. Lol, CGC you gunna let them do you like that? 

So, let's talk about my future bulk order. I have a healthy selection of beaten up cards from when I was younger, cards which all have a potent story to them and I wouldn't sell them for the world. I'm trying to preserve these memories here! Ultimately, the consumer and what they send in is not the problem, lordy people quit blaming the little people, it's top-end mismanagement and in no way our fault. It's not a waste of time for the company because they are getting paid, it's only us who have the short end of the stick. This current wave of poke-madness has been going on for well over a year, talk about a delayed reaction. Investors haaaate reactive companies, we loooove foresight and gauging trends. They should've been making adjustments as soon as Logan Paul dropped that 2 mil, shoulda woulda coulda. This could have been soooo much easier but no, someone near the top said "wait for the last second before it's well past the point of no return". Is CGC run by "Florida Man"?

The "problem" with the paper handed sellers who are getting a bunch of monkeymons graded and expecting a return are simply that they be showing us their butts. But it's an butt I sympathize with. I sure hope that people are not digging a financial grave doing this, and if digging out of that grave requires selling a few monkeymons all the power to them. The fact is that CGC are happily taking in these orders and working through them. There is no vetting process, no gates strong enough to hold back this hoard without proper foresight. CGC offers good value, despite the complaining this is still the best I can do on the current market. It's easy to get tempted by the "free tendies", hell, if I get my cards back in a decent time this would be tremendous value - it's well worth the buy-in. CGC knew this, knows this, and they just keep on keeping on because, whew, we have no other choice. I absolutely want to fire up a grading company right about now, a real Canadian grading standard based in Vancouver. Focus entirely on Pokemon, that's one way to wrench power from the "big three" PSA, Beckett, and CGC. Become the standard grading company for Pokemon and only Pokemon. I'm sure a great deal of you comic, coin, magazine folks would love this ;)

18 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

So, let's talk about my future bulk order. I have a healthy selection of beaten up cards from when I was younger, cards which all have a potent story to them and I wouldn't sell them for the world. I'm trying to preserve these memories here! Ultimately, the consumer and what they send in is not the problem, lordy people quit blaming the little people, it's top-end mismanagement and in no way our fault. It's not a waste of time for the company because they are getting paid, it's only us who have the short end of the stick. This current wave of poke-madness has been going on for well over a year, talk about a delayed reaction. Investors haaaate reactive companies, we loooove foresight and gauging trends. They should've been making adjustments as soon as Logan Paul dropped that 2 mil, shoulda woulda coulda. This could have been soooo much easier but no, someone near the top said "wait for the last second before it's well past the point of no return". Is CGC run by "Florida Man"?

Watch out they might ban you or mute you if you give them any sort of feedback... Or express your opinion/anger about this.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

I still haven't got a response why one of mine was deleted lol

Shame that you got deleted, who knows, maybe I am getting too testy. If moderation thinks this is all too much, it's out of my power. I don't have moderation capabilities. The key is keeping it low key, I'm keeping things restricted to one thread, otherwise I just want to be a productive member of what seems to be a cool community. Ultimately, if I was a moderator (which I have dabbled in, too much stress), I'd like for things to stay contained. I'm not chasing Paul around demanding answers or phoning management day in and out, but I do need something of a void to scream in to make me feel better :p

My favorite pokemon card youtuber is actually sponsored by CGC, Squeaks Game World. He's who helped me feel like I made an informed dive into this world. He just released a video which really goes off about what's going on in the market, how it impacts what we're going through, and so on so forth. If you currently have stake in this hobby, he's well worth watching, and this video is a nice expansion of this current discussion:

5 hours ago, Bird said:

D'OH!

I was looking at sold prices, everything seemed to be $25+. I wouldn't know what to look for though.

Its a bad use of money. You buy a common for a dollar, you pay $8-$9 to grade it. You pay an ebay fee of 15%. You have to spend time mailing it. Mailing supplies cost money. You might get an irrate buyer. All that for what, maybe 5 bucks total at best?

I finally figured out the ignore list thankfully. Anyone whos off their rocker is on it lol. Speedy, Shining, the guy who hates disabled people, the guy who made this topic, etc. They all been brainwashed by social media or whoever that you need to waste money grading and you cant be happy just having cards in a regular old binder. They need some plastic container to justify their existence.

Im sure they are all ready at their keyboards ready to flame me saying "oh your ruining the hobby, dont tell me what to do, blah blah blah", but now i wont see them saying that. Seriously, grade stuff worth money. If not worth money, keep it in your binder. Or waste tons of money for no reason. I dont care, its not my life or my money, but if it was my collection of cards, yeah I wouldnt bother sending them in unless they are valuable.

2 minutes ago, deletedaccount said:

Its a bad use of money. You buy a common for a dollar, you pay $8-$9 to grade it. You pay an ebay fee of 15%. You have to spend time mailing it. Mailing supplies cost money. You might get an irrate buyer. All that for what, maybe 5 bucks total at best?

I finally figured out the ignore list thankfully. Anyone whos off their rocker is on it lol. Speedy, Shining, the guy who hates disabled people, the guy who made this topic, etc. They all been brainwashed by social media or whoever that you need to waste money grading and you cant be happy just having cards in a regular old binder. They need some plastic container to justify their existence.

Im sure they are all ready at their keyboards ready to flame me saying "oh your ruining the hobby, dont tell me what to do, blah blah blah", but now i wont see them saying that. Seriously, grade stuff worth money. If not worth money, keep it in your binder. Or waste tons of money for no reason. I dont care, its not my life or my money, but if it was my collection of cards, yeah I wouldnt bother sending them in unless they are valuable.

Whew, why are you even here then? I'm absolutely grading stuff worth money, the majority of my collection is in a binder, yeesh, temper your ego, m8. I've gone over in detail the logic behind what I'm grading, why are you so salty at the customer exactly? Go soak your head

Sorry I cant hear you namelessone since your on my ignore list lol. I didnt even read what you wrote. im sure your offended by something. Maybe you thought this was reddit.com instead. You should check out your their pokemon forum there. Everyone agrees with each other no matter what they say. Sounds like a great place you can go and find something to be outraged about.

1 hour ago, The Nameless One said:
1 hour ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I still haven't got a response why one of mine was deleted lol

Shame that you got deleted, who knows, maybe I am getting too testy. If moderation thinks this is all too much, it's out of my power. I don't have moderation capabilities. The key is keeping it low key, I'm keeping things restricted to one thread, otherwise I just want to be a productive member of what seems to be a cool community. Ultimately, if I was a moderator (which I have dabbled in, too much stress), I'd like for things to stay contained. I'm not chasing Paul around demanding answers or phoning management day in and out, but I do need something of a void to scream in to make me feel better :p

I've been here a long time.  I've never seen mods delete a thread unless it violated board rules.  I've never had a problem with the mods and believe they do their best to be fair and it's not an easy job. 

@ShiningCollectibles  I didn't see your thread so I don't know why it was pulled.  Perhaps there's something in the terms of use that'll make sense.

Here is the link to the terms of use.  

18 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I like Squeaks too. I am actually a Moderator on Leonharts Discord.

Awesome! I dig Leonhart's vibe, I'm a fan of voice acting so he's a lot of fun. Might find myself on his Discord one day, it's worth casting a wide net with this community. I'll need to figure out the good portals to trade. I'd rather handle any business via community than something like ebay. Once everyone gets their hands back on their CGC slabs we'll want to show them off, trade them, sell them, talk about them, so on so forth. Lots to look forward to, people are worried about market deflation and whatnot but I dunno, this is fun, I'm a firm believer in enthusiasm and it's ability to hold up a concept such as collecting pokemon cards

On 3/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, Sp33dy said:

Angel of death, ur jokes are not funny. U continue to be cgcs fire extinguisher. U know nothing is going correct so ur trying to belittle or make ppl feel wrong for the way they feel about their service. I wish we all had small brains, but sorry buddy when we feel things are wrong we speak up. I know u jus accept anything and everything thats done to u but not everyone is like that 

I mean, you don't have to wish...

Facts don't care about feelings.

Edited by Angel of Death

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

I mean, you don't have to wish...

Facts don't care about feelings.

I mean when you think your opinions are facts there are some big discrepancies. Kind of like "Fact Check" many used that site yet that site is run by one political party the people making up those so called (facts). Any person can have a opinion and think it is factual lol

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I mean when you think your opinions are facts there are some big discrepancies. Kind of like "Fact Check" many used that site yet that site is run by one political party the people making up those so called (facts). Any person can have a opinion and think it is factual lol

It's not about opinions. It's about facts. Learn the difference.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It's not about opinions. It's about facts. Learn the difference.

Facts are video evidence. I don't want to see what someone says or writes described as a fact 🤣 the person who made the fact checker was CNN reporter since 1970 so it makes total sense. The website has so much bias. It is your opinion that something is a fact without concrete evidence. My opinion is a fact needs actual evidence because a lot of things are taken out of context.