• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Wait until the new guys discover the marketplace and have to abide by our community rules.  I don't know if I can take the time off to write up so many probation list and HOS nominations. 

:facepalm:

Didn't even think of that.. 

Maybe CGC will offer you a position as the PL and HOS official. Maybe offer you discount grading or something.. 

They need their own dedicated card message board

Spoiler

And I need to be a member of it. :banana: 

5 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

What's this here "mefirstgeneration"?

I have grown tired of everything being lumped together in the term millenial.  So with the current state of how everyone these days seems to think they come first and heck with everyone else. I just use the term. The  mefirstgeneration.  

22 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have grown tired of everything being lumped together in the term millenial.  So with the current state of how everyone these days seems to think they come first and heck with everyone else. I just use the term. The  mefirstgeneration.  

297.jpg.6f617e97625b14972c2351544cc63a0c.jpg

Who is clamoring to be first in line here? I just want my package to be entered into the system, yeesh. Why are people upset right now? Especially at callous forum posters?

Covid and the Economy of Grief

Whew, what a year. I lost my best friend and beloved grandfather to this nightmare, I'm positively grief-stricken. Grief is like a portal to an earlier dimension in one's mind, people tend to go backwards in effort to preserve that innocence. My earliest memory with my friend was buying Pokemon Red in response to his Blue along with a Gameboy link cable. He wanted a mankey, and thus the economy of pokemon emerged. My grandmother is responsible for my first pokemon cards, I introduced that concept to my elementary school, and every time I found myself in a 7/11 I'd spend my allowance on two packs. One miraculous day I opened two charizards in a row, I was the talk of the town. I ended up trading one to a third grader for a stack of shiny cards two inches thick! Shame that my collection got lost through the ravages of time. Nonetheless, that experience is engrained in my memory as one of the sheerest joys. Flash forward to now, and I'm going to get real here: 2.5 million dead, a climate on the verge of collapse, and to avoid politics... uh, whatever the hell your country was up to these past four years. That's... a lot of grief. That's a lot of will money. On top of that we have the unemployment crisis and whatever is happening with stim cheques. It doesn't surprise me at all that people are going ham over a nostalgic investment entity. This is why I'm particularly sensitive when it comes to being wrenched around by the Company, like, this isn't a happy ordeal! People aren't going "wheeee pokemon cards!", it's more like "help, this is an economic death rattle and I'm holding onto whatever sliver of joy I have haha". And the Company gets richer, and richer, and richer, removed from the street level reality that goes into the decisions of each individual package currently stagnating in the CGC holding room. Valued customers, indeed, more like valued meat puppets who act as batteries for the Matrix, slithering around in our goo pods

Imray-IMAGE-1-Chapter-9-splash-page.jpg.15fed88a97b198b2eede7ba240e2e616.jpg

Edited by The Nameless One

21 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Who is clamoring to be first in line here? I just want my package to be entered into the system, yeesh. Why are people upset right now? Especially at callous forum posters?

Covid and the Economy of Grief

Whew, what a year. I lost my best friend and beloved grandfather to this nightmare, I'm positively grief-stricken. Grief is like a portal to an earlier dimension in one's mind, people tend to go backwards in effort to preserve that innocence. My earliest memory with my friend was buying Pokemon Red in response to his Blue along with a Gameboy link cable. He wanted a mankey, and thus the economy of pokemon emerged. My grandmother is responsible for my first pokemon cards, I introduced that concept to my elementary school, and every time I found myself in a 7/11 I'd spend my allowance on two packs. One miraculous day I opened two charizards in a row, I was the talk of the town. I ended up trading one to a third grader for a stack of shiny cards two inches thick! Shame that my collection got lost through the ravages of time. Nonetheless, that experience is engrained in my memory as one of the sheerest joys. Flash forward to now, and I'm going to get real here: 2.5 million dead, a climate on the verge of collapse, and to avoid politics... uh, whatever the hell your country was up to these past four years. That's... a lot of grief. That's a lot of will money. On top of that we have the unemployment crisis and whatever is happening with stim cheques. It doesn't surprise me at all that people are going ham over a nostalgic investment entity. This is why I'm particularly sensitive when it comes to being wrenched around by the Company, like, this isn't a happy ordeal! People aren't going "wheeee pokemon cards!", it's more like "help, this is an economic death rattle and I'm holding onto whatever sliver of joy I have haha". And the Company gets richer, and richer, and richer, removed from the street level reality that goes into the decisions of each individual package currently stagnating in the CGC holding room. Valued customers, indeed, more like valued meat puppets who act as batteries for the Matrix, slithering around in our goo pods

Imray-IMAGE-1-Chapter-9-splash-page.jpg.15fed88a97b198b2eede7ba240e2e616.jpg

Now this was a very heartfelt post. I can agree and understand this one. I know it is no consultation , but my condolences.  We have all suffered major losses. I know that feeling all too well. We are all witnessing the world change at such a rapid rate and it is becoming increasingly unrecognizable.  I understand reaching for anything that reminds us of what holds joy and memories of a time before all of this madness.  Hopefully one day things will get better. Until then we just have to remember that this has afflicted all of us and even though it may not feel like it. We are all in this together.  

I want to clarify that I highly respect anyone who finds themselves going to work in such a time and putting in their best efforts to get such work done. I don't want to sound unappreciative, it's less the employees and more the "head" which concerns me, I know this stuff trickles down to everyone involved and I don't want to end up shooting any messengers, we're all impacted by this. *breaths* more peace and love!

4 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

I want to clarify that I highly respect anyone who finds themselves going to work in such a time and putting in their best efforts to get such work done. I don't want to sound unappreciative, it's less the employees and more the "head" which concerns me, I know this stuff trickles down to everyone involved and I don't want to end up shooting any messengers, we're all impacted by this. *breaths* more peace and love!

100% I agree it has nothing to do with the workers we appreciate them. More along the lines of how the overall production process is being determined by the (Head).

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

Return Business

Whew, pardon my carrying on but... sorry, when exactly do they process your package? That particular area doesn't have an "ETA", no legal small print whatsoever, a mystery box - nothing but "please have faith that we are doing our best in these trying times!". Realistically, looking at the board data, I'm going to be paying for "standard" and still receive the old "economy" service in terms of TAT. Yo, that's an extra $515 for your company to offer me nothing in the way of relief. People are going to pump and dump the grading industry, aren't they?* There is no significant return business after this, you will be left with an additional 80k sqft space and a bunch of employees wondering what the hell they are doing, this is all too little too late and the only people who are happy about it are the stock investors. All of that for ONE moment of grabbing the bull of capitalism and going for a ride. Your boss saw an opportunity and instead of doing the right thing they, *looks at the data*, handled this so incredibly poorly that, you know what, I simply don't believe in an influx of business. I actually don't think Pokemon is as crazy as youtubers are making it out to be, I think this hype is all artificial - everyone's doing the Nintendo thing and artificially manipulating demand for their service. Hype it up, lock em in, and then pad your earnings. Business Goblinism 101. I have 150 cards where I need some bulk service and I'm not grading anything until this all cools off in a year or two. Looking at how stupid things are, I guess the strategy is pay for one "Walk-Through" card and put it on top of the bulk so your order gets processed faster, but how stupid is it that CGC's system is so easily abused like that? I bet everyone is just sending in one Walk-Through, getting the quick service for processing their package, and further clogging up the system. The reality is I'd much prefer grading with Beckett, despite the TATs, because you get the sub-grades along with relative to PSA value. CGC needs to step back for a second and think "hmm, maybe we haven't earned this yet" and start worrying that when the dust settles, no one even thinks of CGC for a second. I'm worried that all of my CGC slabs by the end of this will be rendered into a costly joke, that's how bad this service is, it's a small investment nightmare through and through. What exactly is being done to ensure the customer willing to pay $2000 on your service comes back with yet another 2000+ transaction? Yo, I have business for you, I want to give you money, so, come on, I hate being slapped around like this. Where is the incentive? Where is the "5% off your next purchase", where is the "$50 grading credit"? There is literally nothing to make us feel good about doing any of this, I've just been dumped on this entire time

*So, here people are spending thousands on grading junk slabs looking for a return in a hot market and basically running into a wall covered in poisonous dart frogs. In six months they get their ill considered grading options back and flounder about on Ebay trying to sell a badgermon for 20 bucks, and that's it, that's the stimulus money, that's the big shot they have at making a little more out of a LOT less. These are desperate times and we're being exploited. It makes me sick, the United States is a circus run by clowns and it's coming time to pay the piper

Seafarin' an Fisticuffs

So, our boat is sinking, we have far too many passengers and we are weighing the boat down, slowly it submerges into the bleak depths. I'm running around going "come on, we need hands! We can reinforce the boat!" where the captain is going around and just chucking people into the ocean in effort to marginalize the speed of descent. Yes, whenever this kind of thing happens we get an overwhelming sensation of "We could do this better". So, how do we keep this all from existing in a vacuum? Surely in space, no one can hear you scream, so let's bring it back down to earth. On one hand, the left hand of passivity, I'm just like whatever man, do what thou wilt, I don't care, spent my entire life under your boot what's another year... On the other, the right hand of aggression, I raise my sword and point it at the heads of the company gods and say "come onto me". I see what's all occurring with eyes wide open. I don't submit, I fight and fight and fight. I see the seams, the cracks, and I keep striking until we break through to new foundation. I'm not fighting because I feel a strength in front of me, just a flimsy, eroding wall

Aikido is what I practice, martial arts-wise. When confronted with excessive force, I cradle that force and soothe it into a state of sleep. I have no right hand of aggression, both arms operate as a single wave. Right now, there is a bull charging at me and I have to steel myself for the impact, neutralize the force, and direct it away from my being. If the bull struggles... well, what inspired these calm waters you see before you? Sometimes you just have to put a quick, quiet end to the conflict. Shhhh, it's okay, CGC, c'mere. *crck*

54 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Return Business

Whew, pardon my carrying on but... sorry, when exactly do they process your package? That particular area doesn't have an "ETA", no legal small print whatsoever, a mystery box - nothing but "please have faith that we are doing our best in these trying times!". Realistically, looking at the board data, I'm going to be paying for "standard" and still receive the old "economy" service in terms of TAT. Yo, that's an extra $515 for your company to offer me nothing in the way of relief. People are going to pump and dump the grading industry, aren't they?* There is no significant return business after this, you will be left with an additional 80k sqft space and a bunch of employees wondering what the hell they are doing, this is all too little too late and the only people who are happy about it are the stock investors. All of that for ONE moment of grabbing the bull of capitalism and going for a ride. Your boss saw an opportunity and instead of doing the right thing they, *looks at the data*, handled this so incredibly poorly that, you know what, I simply don't believe in an influx of business. I actually don't think Pokemon is as crazy as youtubers are making it out to be, I think this hype is all artificial - everyone's doing the Nintendo thing and artificially manipulating demand for their service. Hype it up, lock em in, and then pad your earnings. Business Goblinism 101. I have 150 cards where I need some bulk service and I'm not grading anything until this all cools off in a year or two. Looking at how stupid things are, I guess the strategy is pay for one "Walk-Through" card and put it on top of the bulk so your order gets processed faster, but how stupid is it that CGC's system is so easily abused like that? I bet everyone is just sending in one Walk-Through, getting the quick service for processing their package, and further clogging up the system. The reality is I'd much prefer grading with Beckett, despite the TATs, because you get the sub-grades along with relative to PSA value. CGC needs to step back for a second and think "hmm, maybe we haven't earned this yet" and start worrying that when the dust settles, no one even thinks of CGC for a second. I'm worried that all of my CGC slabs by the end of this will be rendered into a costly joke, that's how bad this service is, it's a small investment nightmare through and through. What exactly is being done to ensure the customer willing to pay $2000 on your service comes back with yet another 2000+ transaction? Yo, I have business for you, I want to give you money, so, come on, I hate being slapped around like this. Where is the incentive? Where is the "5% off your next purchase", where is the "$50 grading credit"? There is literally nothing to make us feel good about doing any of this, I've just been dumped on this entire time

*So, here people are spending thousands on grading junk slabs looking for a return in a hot market and basically running into a wall covered in poisonous dart frogs. In six months they get their ill considered grading options back and flounder about on Ebay trying to sell a badgermon for 20 bucks, and that's it, that's the stimulus money, that's the big shot they have at making a little more out of a LOT less. These are desperate times and we're being exploited. It makes me sick, the United States is a circus run by clowns and it's coming time to pay the piper

“So, here people are spending thousands on grading junk slabs looking for a return in a hot market and basically running into a wall covered in poisonous dart frogs”

This. Our nice little setup with CGC was ruined by an onslaught of junk slabs being sent in because $9/card is a cheat code (for now) and this is honestly the root of many customers’ frustrations including mine. I urge you all to go to EBay and search “CGC Pokemon” and sort by “Newly Listed” and just look at the cards people are sending in. Look at the recently sold as well. No subgrades, low tier junk.

So my bulk received on 12/23 is going to sit there ungraded for probably 2 more months, while people that are gaming the system get their junk slabs to make their $8 on eBay after fees. This is in part because subgrades mean little on the secondary market, which I think is surprising to everyone including CGC. $7/card for subgrades insinuates additional value but as we see, no one cares and it’s free trendies at $9/card so hammer it! Send in your entire collection for Bulk grading! 

These junk slabs also hurt CGC long term when in the future, the only thing people see on EBay are CGC 6.5 unlimited Neo Chikoritas, which goes back to my recent post on bulk being too cheap but you know what, at this point this is just complaining and there’s nothing I can do. PSA got new ownership and went “oh duh, we are hurting ourselves with bulk this cheap. That’s changing now.” It’s so obvious to me but I’m the canary in the coal mine I suppose. Just wanna say you hit the nail on the head with the looming poisonous dart frog analogy, and junk slabs fire me up boy I tell you what lol.

58 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Seafarin' an Fisticuffs

So, our boat is sinking, we have far too many passengers and we are weighing the boat down, slowly it submerges into the bleak depths. I'm running around going "come on, we need hands! We can reinforce the boat!" where the captain is going around and just chucking people into the ocean in effort to marginalize the speed of descent. Yes, whenever this kind of thing happens we get an overwhelming sensation of "We could do this better". So, how do we keep this all from existing in a vacuum? Surely in space, no one can hear you scream, so let's bring it back down to earth. On one hand, the left hand of passivity, I'm just like whatever man, do what thou wilt, I don't care, spent my entire life under your boot what's another year... On the other, the right hand of aggression, I raise my sword and point it at the heads of the company gods and say "come onto me". I see what's all occurring with eyes wide open. I don't submit, I fight and fight and fight. I see the seams, the cracks, and I keep striking until we break through to new foundation. I'm not fighting because I feel a strength in front of me, just a flimsy, eroding wall

Aikido is what I practice, martial arts-wise. When confronted with excessive force, I cradle that force and soothe it into a state of sleep. I have no right hand of aggression, both arms operate as a single wave. Right now, there is a bull charging at me and I have to steel myself for the impact, neutralize the force, and direct it away from my being. If the bull struggles... well, what inspired these calm waters you see before you? Sometimes you just have to put a quick, quiet end to the conflict. Shhhh, it's okay, CGC, c'mere. *crck*

Image result for oh boy karate gif

34 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

“So, here people are spending thousands on grading junk slabs looking for a return in a hot market and basically running into a wall covered in poisonous dart frogs”

This. Our nice little setup with CGC was ruined by an onslaught of junk slabs being sent in because $9/card is a cheat code (for now) and this is honestly the root of many customers’ frustrations including mine. I urge you all to go to EBay and search “CGC Pokemon” and sort by “Newly Listed” and just look at the cards people are sending in. Look at the recently sold as well. No subgrades, low tier junk.

So my bulk received on 12/23 is going to sit there ungraded for probably 2 more months, while people that are gaming the system get their junk slabs to make their $8 on eBay after fees. This is in part because subgrades mean little on the secondary market, which I think is surprising to everyone including CGC. $7/card for subgrades insinuates additional value but as we see, no one cares and it’s free trendies at $9/card so hammer it! Send in your entire collection for Bulk grading! 

These junk slabs also hurt CGC long term when in the future, the only thing people see on EBay are CGC 6.5 unlimited Neo Chikoritas, which goes back to my recent post on bulk being too cheap but you know what, at this point this is just complaining and there’s nothing I can do. PSA got new ownership and went “oh duh, we are hurting ourselves with bulk this cheap. That’s changing now.” It’s so obvious to me but I’m the canary in the coal mine I suppose. Just wanna say you hit the nail on the head with the looming poisonous dart frog analogy, and junk slabs fire me up boy I tell you what lol.

Thank you for less dramatically summarizing my feelings here, I need some sobriety sometimes. I do feel like my weeks (more like months) of researching the market and making properly evaluated decisions, on top of being so brave as to send my preciouses into alligator land, got squeezed. I have to say, I read the fine prints and whatnot, I did not expect this. I would have held my breath and taken a more considered approach if I knew the bottleneck was well in place, the announcement happened a week after my package was received and I'm going "uh oh". It's kinda like the whole thing with Pokemon amping up it's production line, that takes significant time and resources (around 14 months now before things equalize?), so when exactly will the process get paved? It sounds to me like they have a problem on their hands, a touch of too little, a dash of too late.

Yeesh, a little risk control maybe? It's like the entire populace swarming on our bread store looking for the 200 buns we fired up in a day, so what do we do? Orders, you gotta order your buns over the phone and mitigate the demand. Your company can't handle it otherwise. This is where a potent argument against me is formed, did I call customer service and get to the bottom line of the situation? No. I didn't feel the need, everything seemed to be rather straightforward and I was comfortable with moving forward given the instructions and information provided. I did my research, watched several youtubers critique the service and reveal their grades, I dunno, I felt like I had a comprehensive approach. Maybe someone could have warned me, maybe suggestion to call in and figure out your deal would help. That's, honestly, maturely, what I should have done, but who knows, maybe that call would have resulted in "yes, everything is as advertised and you will be fine sending in your collectables". Shoulda woulda coulda. I grew up working in a law office so I know the 36 chambers of death waiting for me if I Karen too fiercely

Being Patient

Woof, ask me about being patient. In 2008 I was struck by a car while riding my bike down a rainy, dark hill from my friend's house and am permanently disabled from brain injury. Yeah yeah, Nameless, do the Bambi eye thing and tell the sob story. Naw, I'm just saying that I know what it is like to be patient. I also know what it's like being told to calm down. Typically, it's a losing strategy :p. If a company needs to tell people to have patience, to have faith, for us to calm down and take our time and let the process figure itself out... 

Yeah, that can be abrasive lmao. Keep speaking up! Put the feet to the fire where it counts, I've never expected less from what I do. Conversation is potent. Magic is very simple, we cast spells. Literally, the operation of affixing words to a readable surface, that's magic. Let's see what all changes as a result

4 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Woof, ask me about being patient. In 2008 I was struck by a car while riding my bike down a rainy, dark hill from my friend's house and am permanently disabled from brain injury. Yeah yeah, Nameless, do the Bambi eye thing and tell the sob story. Naw, I'm just saying that I know what it is like to be patient. I also know what it's like being told to calm down. Typically, it's a losing strategy :p. If a company needs to tell people to have patience, to have faith, for us to calm down and take our time and let the process figure itself out... 

I am sorry to hear that happened to you. You are strong to have survived. It is not a sob story, at least not the story you just told. But it is sad. Keep on keeping on!

I do think being calm helps. Try to get some time somehow these days to relax and take a breath. Not because of the tbi or the cards but because we all need that moment.

Then go get'em! cgc and anyone else who stands in your way. But be healthy and smooth about it. You seem to have that down too so its all good I hope..

Just now, Bird said:

I am sorry to hear that happened to you. You are strong to have survived. It is not a sob story, at least not the story you just told. But it is sad. Keep on keeping on!

I do think being calm helps. Try to get some time somehow these days to relax and take a breath. Not because of the tbi or the cards but because we all need that moment.

Then go get'em! cgc and anyone else who stands in your way. But be healthy and smooth about it. You seem to have that down too so its all good I hope..

Cheers, Bird, my #1 advice to myself and anyone is "focus on your breath". Calm is important, I try to compose my thoughts... piercingly, honest, but tempered. I'm not mad, honestly I'm thrilled that I found a cool space to drop my thoughts in. I like to spend time every morning after my coffee writing, if there is conversation potential... bonus! My poor rotten tomatoes friends and I are stuck conversing on Discord, we've been hopping off sinking ships for fifteen years. I'm going to laugh and say that's it's VERY good that this forum has a language censor, haha, I curse like a sailor. This has provided me with an opportunity to write in a boundary I'm unfamiliar with, I actually need to be calm and operate less emotion more logic (thanks Spock). The moderators on RT are all my friends so I could get away with *cough* a lot... but it was always for the good of the community. Some trolls are beyond moderation and require a certain tone...

I'm well past my nine lives at this point, life can't seem to take me down. "The Nameless One" is the protagonist from a 90s PC RPG named Planescape: Torment. The idea is this character is immortal, every time he dies he wakes up with no memory and another tattoo. The trick, however, is the universe is well aware of you and what all transgressed via your past lives, so it's kinda like Christopher Nolan's Memento where you are working through people who know you more than you know yourself looking for the center of this story. I think that's a good analogy for how I treat the internet, it's a big role playing game. This is way better than a dialog tree, this is real dialog with real people. That's always been attractive to me, I love me a good forum

I'm in a mode today, Sunday is a good day for content.

Tarot and the hastening of karma

I practice tarot, particularly Crowley's Thoth. I could write 50 pages on the spot about Thoth so how to TL;DR this? I guess the easy way to understand me is that I'm attracted to "chance". Chance, in tarot, is God itself. Shuffle the deck, cut it, flip a coin, roll some dice, the more chance involved the more potent the reading, the more divine. Every single draw is a miracle of chance, just like the chance of being born, and every unrevealed card is pregnant, giving birth to revelation upon reveal. The idea is that you can, via a complex system of art imprinted on cardboard meaning certain things which adhere to several complex, religious structures which formulate to reveal the concepts of Thelema and the law: do what thou wilt. Your mind is a portal to a complex multiverse, so what is holding one back from exploring it? And what in the gods' green earth has this to do with CGC? 

Tarot aims to unlock these pathways through divine chance. The law of attraction is tested in this instance, the intimacy of chance is intoxicating. People lust after chance. How exactly does one perform magic with such a concept? How does one "exploit" chance? Language. It's entirely subjective, the trick is making it sound objective. Business 101. Alan Moore: "The true working magicians are those in the advertisement industry"

How, exactly, through the test of time and the evolving state of symbolism does a freaking shiny rainbow chonky pikachu send me on this journey? It's a MIRACLE. That card is a freaking miracle, pulling that card will send you so close to the divine that it will take a crane to get you off cloud 9. What a potent business model, like, there would be no joy in dropping 400 on a copy of that card, you NEED to open that for yourself, you need to chase that miracle. That trap cost me a cool chunk of change, my position is unfortunately not as stable as I would like. Fortunately, when I have no packs to crack, tarot provides my mind with the same satisfaction, for a much more "economic" price. We're going to have all of these Poke-addicts weening off packs and what do? Learn tarot haha

So, hastening karma, what does that mean? How does that unlock pathways to the expanse of the brain? Tarot cards, and what they communicate, hasten the approach to your problems. It's like finding yourself speeding down a hill and seeing the headlights and doing everything in your power to react properly so you come out alive. So, in one quick moment which feels like an eternity, you meet your problem and I use language, to the best of my ability, to communicate a perspective on what this could mean to you and how to overcome this sensation drawn out by the cards. Shells get cracked open and the resulting chick opens their eyes and the entire universe is formed. It's amazing how long some entities spend in their respective eggs. So, I'm going to work on a reading for this particular situation... <3

19 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

This is why I cant get my cards back in a reasonable time...... Cheers

image.png

There's an almost unlimited amount of base set commons like that as well. Not even the three starters that would actually sell. We're talking Pidgy, and other flat out nonsense cards in the thousands if not tens of thousands. Beyond stupid. Then they have a BIN of like $50. God help me, I want to rage every time I see one.