• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I'd be fine at this point. People should be allowed to voice their anger. That is why it is a review. People shouldn't be trying to bash people or argue with people about their opinion about the experience they are having. Same would go if your wait time was increased by 10x the time...

This is a forum not a review. We are all allowed our own opinion.  I did not bash or argue.  This is an open dialogue . An exchanging of thoughts. All wait times have increased significantly.  ( :gossip: it's even worse across the road) and even though anger does need to be dealt with, a public forum is not the place to do that.

It is one of the misconceptions brought on by places like Instagram and Facebook where a lot feel it is ok to air their dirty laundry. This issue with this,  is that it truly serves no purpose, other than to draw in those who feed on these emotions. 

Is it ok to be angry and frustrated?  Yes. Absolutely, but allowing this to propagate on a business site will not serve any good. Now if you want to leave a bad review that is completely your prerogative, but I would suggest that it is better done on one of the aforementioned social sites and not as a rant on the forum of a site we all chose to do business with as it will only lead to more issues. 

43 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I don't think having expectations for a business is problematic, regardless of unforseen things. I can't bill a remodel up front and then not perform the work for 6 months and not expect consequences regardless of what happens. If I estimate a job taking a month, and it last month and a half customer probably isn't going to sweat me. If I estimate a month and it's five, then we have some major issues. Not just with an angry customer but with my inability to properly estimate. Possibly I shouldn't be in business if I'm that ignorant as to what I'm doing, or don't take steps to correct it. I get that the businesses arent the same but the concept remains. Just because you can make more money off a higher paying client doesn't mean you stop mid project on someone to cater to someone with more money. You can do it, but sometimes it comes down to doing the right thing vs most financially profitable thing.

In my mind they should've taken steps to curb the number of submissions sooner before the backlog got that far out of control. Once the other facility was up then go balls to the wall or whatever. Incredibly reactive instead of proactive.

Also, you can't keep every customer happy. Some are going to have a stick up their regardless. I just attempt to have the self awareness to distinguish between when I f***ed up and the people that are impossible to please.

I understand and there are some valid points. That said using your analogy , you estimate a job will take a month. The world goes into lockdown and it takes 5 months.  It isn't from your issue with estimation, but through no fault of yours and you have no real control.  Does the customer get upset? Sure. Does it change the fact that it will still take 5 months.  No. Neither your analogy or mine actually apply , nor is the concept the same. They have been inundated with submissions, from a new service that they are still trying to figure out and the growing pains that come along with it. None of us could have predicted any of this would happen. We are all doing our best to deal with the ramifications of it. We are all a little more on edge and stressed. Are there ways all of this could and can be improved?  Sure and as they go through this unprecedented time.  I am sure , not only are they learning and adapting, but will prevail as one of the industry leaders. The other companies too had many issues when they started, but theirs were not compounded by everything that has transpired as of late. 

39 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I understand and there are some valid points. That said using your analogy , you estimate a job will take a month. The world goes into lockdown and it takes 5 months.  It isn't from your issue with estimation, but through no fault of yours and you have no real control.  Does the customer get upset? Sure. Does it change the fact that it will still take 5 months.  No. Neither your analogy or mine actually apply , nor is the concept the same. They have been inundated with submissions, from a new service that they are still trying to figure out and the growing pains that come along with it. None of us could have predicted any of this would happen. We are all doing our best to deal with the ramifications of it. We are all a little more on edge and stressed. Are there ways all of this could and can be improved?  Sure and as they go through this unprecedented time.  I am sure , not only are they learning and adapting, but will prevail as one of the industry leaders. The other companies too had many issues when they started, but theirs were not compounded by everything that has transpired as of late. 

If I knew it was going to be delayed 5 months I would either give them their money back until such time as I started on the project again, or work something out with them to try to meet them halfway. You can't always control circumstances, but you most certainly can control how you respond to them. I get the delays, what I don't get is the lack of corrective action.

21 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

If I knew it was going to be delayed 5 months I would either give them their money back until such time as I started on the project again, or work something out with them to try to meet them halfway. You can't always control circumstances, but you most certainly can control how you respond to them. I get the delays, what I don't get is the lack of corrective action.

No one knew, until it happend. Bam tons of submissions flood in. They are trying to do the best they can. They changed payment until after grading so it wouldn't be the same financial burden.  They bought and are working on expanding the facilities.  They have tried to communicate the issues. They increased cost to try to limit influx.  They are trying to adapt and correct the issues they are facing.  Could there have been a better way? Maybe, but hindsight is almost always 20/20. Could they have responded better? Who knows. They are doing what they can and considering that Florida, for the most part stayed open, that CGC was able to get deemed essential and continued to work as well , is itself a feat.  I can not image the issues they have had with staff, on top of the customer issues. We have to try to keep all this in mind. Do not get me wrong . I too agree that there has been issues and that some seem as though they could and can be better addressed, but we are not in their shoes. 

30 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

No one knew, until it happend. Bam tons of submissions flood in. They are trying to do the best they can. They changed payment until after grading so it wouldn't be the same financial burden.  They bought and are working on expanding the facilities.  They have tried to communicate the issues. They increased cost to try to limit influx.  They are trying to adapt and correct the issues they are facing.  Could there have been a better way? Maybe, but hindsight is almost always 20/20. Could they have responded better? Who knows. They are doing what they can and considering that Florida, for the most part stayed open, that CGC was able to get deemed essential and continued to work as well , is itself a feat.  I can not image the issues they have had with staff, on top of the customer issues. We have to try to keep all this in mind. Do not get me wrong . I too agree that there has been issues and that some seem as though they could and can be better addressed, but we are not in their shoes. 

They only started cards the last half of the year. PSA was already wrecked at that point, as SGC stepped in to say, "Send us all of your stuff" and proceeded to get wrecked. I'm confused if you're referring to COVID(which already happened) or submissions(which every other grading company was already obliterated by that point). Hell, even the GMA if you want to consider it a real grading company got flooded. Doesn't take much foresight to see where that's going.

That doesn't help those of us that sent subs back in December, who's money they've had going on 4 months. Could credit accounts with what's already been paid to allow other submissions.

Yes, they are, but it's AFTER they already have a huge backlog. Ramping up takes a decent amount of time. So it won't help anything soon. Surely they know how many cards they get through in a day. Limit submission numbers slightly less than output to work through backlog. Then as facility ramps up, increase until input matches output.

Price adjustments probably won't help a tremendous amount as the "value" of the cards continues to climb you can recoup the grading fee in the sells price. It would have to be quite an increase to cut out some of the junk.

I'm new to CGC, yes. I'm not new to grading as Ive used PSA, BGS, SGC typically in their respective speciality. The rest of them were caught with their pants down by Covid. CGC didn't start until after the initial shutdowns so the excuses that would fly for others don't really apply for them.

I'm not so much angry or upset as I just can't wrap my mind around what's going through their heads at a management level. There's no one and done easy fix, but just about anything is better than sending an unapologetic email that says eat sh*t no refunds we will get too it eventually.

7 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm not so much angry or upset as I just can't wrap my mind around what's going through their heads at a management level. There's no one and done easy fix, but just about anything is better than sending an unapologetic email that says eat sh*t no refunds we will get too it eventually.

I agree with the management thought process. Some of the stuff being posted by CGC employees leaves me scratching my head. I don’t understand why the top leadership felt the need to have a separate card grading company under the CGC banner for TCG’s Pokémon and Magic and then another company, CSG, for Sports Cards. Neither company appears to have any immediate plans to grade non sports cards such as Marvel or Star Wars cards (or even non TCG Pokémon).  Marvel and Star Wars seem like they would be tailor made for the CGC comics crowd. Hell even most long time CGC comics guys that have wandered over to the the trading card section seem to have more of passing interest in Magic, while most new posters to the trading card section seem to be all about Pokémon...so I just don’t see why TCG games even had to be placed under the CGC banner from a marketing standpoint.

Other then hearing CGC is looking to add Yu-Gi-Oh in the future, I just haven’t seen much else in the way of CGC or CSG branching out to truly become a force in grading. 

If they were a publicly traded company I would be in  “Sell Mortimer, Sell!” mode because I have concerns over CGC/CSG’s desire and ability for exponential growth. People can complain right now about TATs and that expanding to other types of cards would make that worse...but a lot of the reply’s I am seeing from people who actually work in the company for 90% of do you grade this questions is “No, sorry we don’t do that and CSG only grades Sports cards.”

There are card grading companies that have fizzled out over the years. Staying too niche instead of being more inclusive may be something that causes people to migrate back to other grading companies. If someone is getting their 70’s Star Wars cards graded by PSA I can see them thinking why not just have them grade my sports card to stay consistent?

15 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I agree with the management thought process. Some of the stuff being posted by CGC employees leaves me scratching my head. I don’t understand why the top leadership felt the need to have a separate card grading company under the CGC banner for TCG’s Pokémon and Magic and then another company, CSG, for Sports Cards. Neither company appears to have any immediate plans to grade non sports cards such as Marvel or Star Wars cards (or even non TCG Pokémon).  Marvel and Star Wars seem like they would be tailor made for the CGC comics crowd. Hell even most long time CGC comics guys that have wandered over to the the trading card section seem to have more of passing interest in Magic, while most new posters to the trading card section seem to be all about Pokémon...so I just don’t see why TCG games even had to be placed under the CGC banner from a marketing standpoint.

Other then hearing CGC is looking to add Yu-Gi-Oh in the future, I just haven’t seen much else in the way of CGC or CSG branching out to truly become a force in grading. 

If they were a publicly traded company I would be in  “Sell Mortimer, Sell!” mode because I have concerns over CGC/CSG’s desire and ability for exponential growth. People can complain right now about TATs and that expanding to other types of cards would make that worse...but a lot of the reply’s I am seeing from people who actually work in the company for 90% of do you grade this questions is “No, sorry we don’t do that and CSG only grades Sports cards.”

There are card grading companies that have fizzled out over the years. Staying too niche instead of being more inclusive may be something that causes people to migrate back to other grading companies. If someone is getting their 70’s Star Wars cards graded by PSA I can see them thinking why not just have them grade my sports card to stay consistent?

I honestly would've expected all cards to be graded under one umbrella. Also, they only have one holder. CSG rejected my Mantle even though it has a grade label because it's oversized by like a mm and won't fit... Email response said they'd have other holders available in April. So what, they want me to pay to have it done again when if I had sent it to any other company it would've had the appropriate holder. There's a few scenarios now that have left a bitter taste to me. $40 to get shafted. Seems like a cash grab. The customer service people themselves I've dealt with have been fantastic but the poor planning as a whole is frustrating.

I figured they threw TCG in with CGC because of the customer base. I've never collected comics but still heard of CGC as being top in that aspect. 

PSA sucks wang to me and I don't care for Beckett much, I was really hoping I could use CGC/CSG as a replacement. Theyre slippin, trippin, dropping the ball and sh*tting the bed all at once though. If they can't get it together soon I'll be heading back to the same old unfortunately. I can wait however long but like most people, I don't like having my money f*cked with and that seems to be a game they like to play.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

8 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

Yes, it's probably best to keep this conversation contained to a single thread, this situation isn't going to lose relevance any time soon so if people need to air their grievances it might be best to direct them here.

Im okay with this.

6 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is a forum not a review. We are all allowed our own opinion.  I did not bash or argue.  This is an open dialogue . An exchanging of thoughts. All wait times have increased significantly.  ( :gossip: it's even worse across the road) and even though anger does need to be dealt with, a public forum is not the place to do that.

It is one of the misconceptions brought on by places like Instagram and Facebook where a lot feel it is ok to air their dirty laundry. This issue with this,  is that it truly serves no purpose, other than to draw in those who feed on these emotions. 

Is it ok to be angry and frustrated?  Yes. Absolutely, but allowing this to propagate on a business site will not serve any good. Now if you want to leave a bad review that is completely your prerogative, but I would suggest that it is better done on one of the aforementioned social sites and not as a rant on the forum of a site we all chose to do business with as it will only lead to more issues. 

Exactly, these bash discussions on a company (you're using) website are almost out of line. It's like inviting someone to eat dinner at your house and they turn around and complain about the service or food....it's just a bad look.

I totally understand being angry.....just not the way it's being addressed.

2 minutes ago, TrayKnight said:

Exactly, these bash discussions on a company (you're using) website are almost out of line. It's like inviting someone to eat dinner at your house and they turn around and complain about the service or food....it's just a bad look.

See also: Couth

:golfclap:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
P.S. really good analogy about dinner.

2 hours ago, TrayKnight said:

Not sure that's applicable in this scenario. They aren't doing us a favor, or giving us anything. Business is business. Some of us are trying to make money, same as CGC. Same as people ripping me on eBay if something comes up and I don't make shipping times, product arrives damaged, etc. We aren't friends, we aren't doing favors, we aren't here to circle jerk each other. I'm here to pay for a service, they're here to render service. 

I work almost non-stop, hardly sleep. My Fiance lost her job to her company crapping out in Co-vid. In addition to my small business I work full-time and hustle everything else on the side. I have a 4 1/2 y/o son that I do my best to provide for him and his mother. It's about money, plain and simple. Don't have time to deal with wildly_fanciful_statement like this tying up money. 

1 hour ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Not sure that's applicable in this scenario. They aren't doing us a favor, or giving us anything. Business is business. Some of us are trying to make money, same as CGC. Same as people ripping me on eBay if something comes up and I don't make shipping times, product arrives damaged, etc. We aren't friends, we aren't doing favors, we aren't here to circle jerk each other. I'm here to pay for a service, they're here to render service. 

I work almost non-stop, hardly sleep. My Fiance lost her job to her company crapping out in Co-vid. In addition to my small business I work full-time and hustle everything else on the side. I have a 4 1/2 y/o son that I do my best to provide for him and his mother. It's about money, plain and simple. Don't have time to deal with wildly_fanciful_statement like this tying up money. 

I agree, it's not a free meal and you are paying for it....but it is their house. You're coming into their house (their site), sitting on their couch (their message boards) and complaining about their service.... I'm pretty sure that someone with CGC see these different topics and also the person that starts them.....it can't be good from a business standpoint when members are posting these topics on their site.

Have you ever tried messaging PaulS. 

He's a person that has always been willing to help me when I had questions.

Edited by TrayKnight

7 hours ago, TrayKnight said:

I agree, it's not a free meal and you are paying for it....but it is their house. You're coming into their house (their site), sitting on their couch (their message boards) and complaining about their service.... I'm pretty sure that someone with CGC see these different topics and also the person that starts them.....it can't be good from a business standpoint when members are posting these topics on their site.

The people who call CGC "a scam", or who complain non-stop, do not want help.

Paul has been more than accommodating in some of these topics early-on, but toxic people have continued to remake the same thread ad nauseam.

7 hours ago, TrayKnight said:

Yeah, I've sent him messages before, in regards CSG and some other things. He's very helpful, and seems like a pretty good dude. I'm sure he has limits, and he probably gets a million messages a day. I'd imagine he has plenty to do that pertains to his job other than reading messages from irate customers as well. Just a waiting game behind everyone else. For the most part, I try not to be derogatory or aggressive in my post. Don't call anyone out, and attempt not to go overboard. It's just my opinion on some of the decisions they seem to make from the top down. Don't seem as well thought out as they could be.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

On 3/18/2021 at 8:49 AM, Sp33dy said:

Def sucks that they keep throwing money at youtubers to advertise their "lightning" tat service, yet not have that. They should suspend standard and express to catch up cause thats what is really stopping economy and bulk from getting graded

Which ones have claimed sponsorship from the company? I’ve seen comparison videos with other companies but none that actually say “this video is sponsored by CGC”

If it is the case, it’s more of a transparency issue. 

2 hours ago, C2N0 said:

Which ones have claimed sponsorship from the company? I’ve seen comparison videos with other companies but none that actually say “this video is sponsored by CGC”

If it is the case, it’s more of a transparency issue. 

Here you go.  At about 30 seconds mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuVq_5kLWNE

Edited by SilentMonkee